BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A question for Mullan and his group next time you meet shebby Singh

ada2020

Really. I'm not worried.

Me neither.

Berg needs funds in January and at least until the end of the season and probably well into next before we can see if he'll make the grade or not.

The squads full of similar players, or limited ability and they're unfit, things won't improve over night.

A rousing reception for Colin Hendry as well yesterday.

brfcs.com does exist in a parelell universe at times...

I wouldn't call it rousing Matty, but he did get a decent shout thats for sure, not from me though, he's a thoroughly unpleasant character.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Berg was probable nobodies first choice on here - certianly not mine. But as he has been given the job, I am happy to give him a chance. But 7 games is no where near enough games to judge him. But he does need to start winning games very very soon. In this game, You only get a small window - these days even smaller at rovers - before fans have had enough.

The only decent games so far was Peterboro - but thats not saying much, they are not a good team. But there are no easy games in the championship - more of a level playing field.

But how anybody could enjoy yesterdays match is beyond me. If watching rovers getting over run by the dingles is enjoyment, well that beggers belief. Its a horror show to me.

We got out of jail against the dingles. That first half was embarrassing. Robbo and Dann kept us in it. Got a bit better in the second half. Better when King came on - should start matches now.

Rhodes, reliable again, but needs better service and support.

The only good thing about yesterday was we didn't lose. The record continues.

I enjoyed yesterday . Did you see the game ? 1st half was bad but second we were the best side.

If you went to a hospital with a complicated condition requiring an experienced doctor and instead you got someone fresh out of medical school, you'd be perfectly entitled to ask that question.

Again, your comparisons make no sense.

Whereas expecting the club to answer the question, "Why did you make this bizarre appointment where there were so many other better candidates?" makes sense?

I think you've been sniffing the nitrous oxide again.

Actually, I'm at the hosp tomorrow so I'll demand the CEO tells me exactly why my doc was appointed versus the other candidates. After all, I have a far bigger stake in his level of competence than you or I do in Berg's. Without patients, there'd be no hospital, right?

Sorry to butt into a private argument but if a doctor were performing an operation on me I'd want to know everything about his level of expertise and competence. Perhaps you should ask before you let them stick the knife in you ?

Whereas expecting the club to answer the question, "Why did you make this bizarre appointment where there were so many other better candidates?" makes sense?

Makes perfect sense to me.

I enjoyed yesterday . Did you see the game ? 1st half was bad but second we were the best side.

Which is what I said. Ist half bad, 2nd better. Do any of us like watching rovers being out played as they were the first half.

Sorry to butt into a private argument but if a doctor were performing an operation on me I'd want to know everything about his level of expertise and competence. Perhaps you should ask before you let them stick the knife in you ?

I agree, but that's not the same as asking his boss why he was appointed.

Makes perfect sense to me.

And what answer do you think you would get?

I think you've been sniffing the nitrous oxide again.

Is it such a strange question??.

Shebby was more than happy to gloat about sacking kean if he lost three games on the trot was he not?

He's happy enough to sign players for the club.

He seems happy enough to go to the shin dig with the fans last Friday, he's a real rovers man that one.

So why would he not answer the question about hiring berg?

All this pap that the club doesn't have to answer such questions does not count now, not since gob all mighty shebby came on board, a man for the people to get behind!!

On reflection maybe the thread was rash, however my anger is not directed towards Berg, I agree with all that say he is an honest man and a breath of fresh air following the rat kean. But he is not getting results that we need, and that counts more to me.

I hate referencing mercerman but the harsh truth is out of the likely candidates we could have got Henning is performing worst.

by the way, i cant remember which 6 games Kean had in charge, i know that good team, Ipswich were one of them, but who were the others? Berg has had Palace, Bolton, Burnley, Birmingham, Huddersfield, Posh and Millwall. That is imo a very tough set of fixtures for Berg, but anyway people will just moan about making excuses for Berg

• Backroom

by the way, i cant remember which 6 games Kean had in charge, i know that good team, Ipswich were one of them, but who were the others? Berg has had Palace, Bolton, Burnley, Birmingham, Huddersfield, Posh and Millwall. That is imo a very tough set of fixtures for Berg, but anyway people will just moan about making excuses for Berg

A tough set of fixtures? Palace (2nd), Bolton (18th), Burnley (14th), Birmingham (19th), Huddersfield (15th), Peterborough (24th), Millwall (7th) ... looks alright to me personally. In fact that's a set of fixtures a team with promotion aspirations should be taking at least 12 points from, if not more.

I'm all for giving Berg a chance but I don't like the creeping notion on this MB from certain posters that Berg can do no wrong and not a bad word can be spoken about him. He's been here a month now and at some point the excuses need to stop and we need to have a cold, hard look at the progress we're making. So far it simply isn't good enough and we need to improve. Less excuses, more action.

DE4life, out of those fixtures, apart from the Bolton and Palace games, imo we could easily have left with 3 points. The Palace game, Berg was what a few days in charge, and Hudds, Burnley were all thrown away at the end.

would people have moaned, if Redknapp or Holloway had gone through this tough run? Imo, Berg is being made the scape goat by some, simply because he sort of failed in Norway. of course we shouldnt be making excuses for Berg(i know i am), but how can one lay blame on the guy for having inherited a squad full of duds? Our expectations are just sometimes way to high, and people should remember that this is one tough league to get out of. Everybody wants a piece of the PL, so doesnt matter who we are playing, teams will be pumped up. This notion that we should be beating all these teams, based on the squad we have is pure nonsense.

• Backroom

DE4life, out of those fixtures, apart from the Bolton and Palace games, imo we could easily have left with 3 points. The Palace game, Berg was what a few days in charge, and Hudds, Burnley were all thrown away at the end.

I'm not interested in 'could have' though, I'm just interested in what actually happened. Fact is we aren't winning enough games and the same old mistakes of throwing away games late and not killing off teams is still as prevelant as it was under Kean. I actually believe we would have got more points from those fixtures under Black, which should worry Henning. Kamy says the players are impressed with Berg but their performances on the pitch certainly don't show that. A lot of them need to take a long, hard look at themselves and ask why they fall short every time. It's happened too many times for it to be bad luck.

Our expectations are just sometimes way to high, and people should remember that this is one tough league to get out of. Everybody wants a piece of the PL, so doesnt matter who we are playing, teams will be pumped up. This notion that we should be beating all these teams, based on the squad we have is pure nonsense.

Weren't you saying you think we're going to get promoted? IMO that's an unrealistic expectation. You are right in saying that most people have expectations far too high, though. With the wages being paid to most of the first 11 and an £8M striker on the pitch we should be allowed to expect promotion, but with the worst owners to ever own the club at the helm, a clown like Singh being touted as some kind of hero and a manager who has never managed outside of Norway(that's no slight on Berg btw, it's just a fact) leading the team I think mid-table is more realistic at present.

A tough set of fixtures? Palace (2nd), Bolton (18th), Burnley (14th), Birmingham (19th), Huddersfield (15th), Peterborough (24th), Millwall (7th) ... looks alright to me personally. In fact that's a set of fixtures a team with promotion aspirations should be taking at least 12 points from, if not more.

I'm all for giving Berg a chance but I don't like the creeping notion on this MB from certain posters that Berg can do no wrong and not a bad word can be spoken about him. He's been here a month now and at some point the excuses need to stop and we need to have a cold, hard look at the progress we're making. So far it simply isn't good enough and we need to improve. Less excuses, more action.

Hammer-nail-head.

Berg is a decent bloke and like virtually everyone else, I desperately want him to suceed. In the cold hard light of day, however, the fact of the matter is that his results thus far in the championship are inferior to kean's.

My expectation is that he will get the Jan window to try and mould the team/squad but if he hasn't started to turn things around in terms of results after that, the pressure will really start to mount and most fans will start to turn on him, whether some people like it or not. As we should know better than any other set of fans, no manager should be untouchable whatever the circumstances.

For the time being, I will continue to give my full support but results do need to improve and quickly. Our current form is more likely to see us go down than up.

would people have moaned, if Redknapp or Holloway had gone through this tough run? Imo, Berg is being made the scape goat by some, simply because he sort of failed in Norway. of course we shouldnt be making excuses for Berg(i know i am), but how can one lay blame on the guy for having inherited a squad full of duds? Our expectations are just sometimes way to high, and people should remember that this is one tough league to get out of. Everybody wants a piece of the PL, so doesnt matter who we are playing, teams will be pumped up. This notion that we should be beating all these teams, based on the squad we have is pure nonsense.

But we didn't leave with 3 points and that's all that counts.

Berg is not being made a scapegoat by fans and, should results not improve, I think the focus of the fans anger will very much be directed at Venky's (and Singh) this time.

Berg must be allowed to make changes in January but other new managers have made better starts with poorer squads.

There would be less anxiety if we had chosen a manager with a track record (even with a poor start) for obvious reasons.

Personally I would settle for tangible signs of improvement between now and the end of the season but if, as reported, Berg has been told he must achieve promotion by the powers that be, he's already on a sticky wicket.

Berg has been put under unecessary pressure by Singh and Venkys. Ill remain positive, and say we still very much in the mix for promotion, either automatically or via the playoffs. Results have been worrying, but surely after 7 games in charge, we cant be in this stupid moody state, just because we are not winning games right now. Anyway, maybe im just being a fool for being optimistic about Berg. Oh well.

• Backroom

To be fair, Berg has probably put the pressure on himself by promising promotion this season.

From the sound of things, this is how he sold himself to Venky's.

Correct. Henning Berg directly after his appointment:

Flanked by Shebby Singh, Derek Shaw and Paul Agnew, Berg said: “We want to win promotion, that is our goal, our only ambition, it doesn’t matter if it is straight up or via the playoffs.”

It is nonsense to suggest anyone other than Berg himself has put the pressure on. He's also set this as the target for the season and therefore it's perfectly reasonable for fans to judge his results based upon the target of promotion - something we will not come close to achieving if current form continues.

Correct. Henning Berg directly after his appointment:

[/size][/font][/color]

It is nonsense to suggest anyone other than Berg himself has put the pressure on. He's also set this as the target for the season and therefore it's perfectly reasonable for fans to judge his results based upon the target of promotion - something we will not come close to achieving if current form continues.

Yes, but there's a difference between targeting promotion and being told by your bosses you HAVE to win promotion.

If Berg has been told this he is already under huge pressure and looking about as safe as Rafa at the end of the season.

That first half was embarrassing. Robbo and Dann kept us in it. Got a bit better in the second half. Better when King came on - should start matches now.

The first half wasn't embarrassing at all. It was more frustrating because we had a couple of players who weren't doing their jobs but the defending was excellent. It was a real backs to the wall effort and the defence, particularly Dann and Hanley deserve great credit for some of their defending.

By the way did you go or are you basing your opinion on what you have read?

Archived