BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having trouble making my mind up over this latest act to hit the circus that has become BRFC.

On a personal level, I was happy to see Berg go, whoever it was that swung the axe. He was out of his depth when he arrived and as a coach, he was well out of his depth regardless of team selection interference (if there ever was any, as they are only allegations at this point). However, I still rate Berg as one of the best defenders this club has ever seen and he will always be a club legend in my eyes, so I don't feel the need to criticise him.

Regarding Shaw and Agnew, I believed that these were the good guys, as they have a knowledge of football and experience of running a club. They also both wanted Holloway in which I would have loved and at the time of Kean's dismissal, they looked to be the two guys who could maybe bring it all back together. However, after reading some very controversial and honest posts from Glen Mullan, I am beginning to question exactly what their motives are. After all, Agnew was Kean's man and furthermore Shaw was Agnew's man. Are they merely using Alan Nixon to twist the news and make Shebby out to be the problem or are they genuinely trying to bring the club back together?

As for Shebby Singh, it is more than fair to suggest that he is well out his depth. An egomaniac who loves the spotlight, it can easily be assumed that the brunt of the clubs woes lie directly at his door. I have previously said he wanted a puppet and still believe that he has had an interest in team selection, regardless of the latest revelations. However, he was responsible for getting rid of Kean AND for signing Rhodes. The question is then, if Glen Mullan's posts are correct, why on earth is he not defending his corner as much as he should be? What does he stand to lose by coming out and coming clean about his struggles? After all, the fans would all be totally on his side and back him if he was genuinely trying to bring stability to the club. Why does he need mouthpieces to get his message across?

In summary, I think it's impossible to know who to believe. This club has become such a shambles that one person's good information totally contradicts another person's good information. At the end of the day, if the main actors in this soap don't know the plot, how on earth are we, as fans, able to piece the puzzle together from the outside? All we can do is back the players and pray to God that whatever's happening backstage is bringing Venky's closer and closer to the exit door.

I am sorry but I just can't believe that Shebby did not interfere. I really hope that Henning talks publically about what has happened, because he and some of the players have told journos off the record about what has happened behind the scenes. I'll leave it at that for now. That said I more than anyone know what Aggers is like and would love it if he is removed, personally I think that all three amigos (Shebby, Shaw and Aggers) need to removed but that won't happen.

Kamy - to be fair to Shebby he basically admitted that he gave his opinions on football matters to Berg - I find no problem with that providing there is no undue influence (only Berg can comment on that).

Is Glen's comment about the "shadow" being the real influence undermining Berg correct ?

As for Shebby Singh, it is more than fair to suggest that he is well out his depth.

Shebby reminds me of a fairly well informed football fan - listening on Radio Lancs to his various interviews and his comments on the Boro match - I find some are insightful and some absolute rubbish (but football is always about opinions).

The biggest problem with him is the level of influence over football matters - if he just stuck to being the eyes and ears of our owners (to avoid a Kean like scenario) - and improving communication with the fans - I would have no problem with him. Unfortunately he spouts too much - but ultimately it is the rumours (all via the press) about undue influence that are his undoing. As Kamy says - we need Berg and some of the respected players (Dunny come on u know u want to) to come out with the real story.

Kamy - to be fair to Shebby he basically admitted that he gave his opinions on football matters to Berg - I find no problem with that providing there is no undue influence (only Berg can comment on that).

Is Glen's comment about the "shadow" being the real influence undermining Berg correct ?

I have no doubts about the shadowing that Glen refers to, but it was a combination of factors which ultimately undermined Berg, the sad fact is that an experienced manager such as McCarthy would've dealt with things on day 1, Henning due to his relative inexperienced wasn't able to do so.

Behind the scenes club is in total mess, the three senior executives appear to be working against each other rather than working together to move club forward., while that situation remains club will continue to slide downwards.

Shebby reminds me of a fairly well informed football fan - listening on Radio Lancs to his various interviews and his comments on the Boro match - I find some are insightful and some absolute rubbish (but football is always about opinions).

The biggest problem with him is the level of influence over football matters - if he just stuck to being the eyes and ears of our owners (to avoid a Kean like scenario) - and improving communication with the fans - I would have no problem with him. Unfortunately he spouts too much - but ultimately it is the rumours (all via the press) about undue influence that are his undoing. As Kamy says - we need Berg and some of the respected players (Dunny come on u know u want to) to come out with the real story.

That's a really common-sensical point of view and I would agree entirely if it was all true. However, I just think there is far too much going on here to actually be able to accurately comment and I think that's the case for most fans. Even 'informed' posters are guessing to a large extent, even if there are elements of truth in what they say (and i'm not being critical there, it's just how things are).

Wow, can't afford to sleep these days.....so SS is a buffoon, but does want the best for the club, just doesn't know how to achieve it (because, surprise surprise, he has no keaning experience, unlike JW!) The Shadow and the shelving salesman are off on their own agenda to make money whilst the sun shines, undermine any attempts to oust them/anyone that threatens their authority.

Meanwhile in the real world, we fans are a slight hindrance to all the above happening.

I take it that the Loons just feed off the (mis) information that gets fed to them by the warring factions, whilst being told that promotion is a given as long as they do as they are told.

Simples!

Not sure why Rovers Fan is getting the amount of stick he has because from what I can see of what Glen posted last night he is in my opinion full of more bs than anyone at the Club.

I am no particular fan of Agnew but it is obvious from Glen's previous pointless blog about Agnew which was unsurprisingly taken down that he has a particular problem with him. Now he is trying to claim that Agnew "shadowed" Kean and Berg but won't even explain in plain English what "shadows" means. If Agnew was a supporter of Kean and "shadowed" him,(whatever that means) I take it it is meant that that was beneficial to Kean. However when it is hinted Agnew "shadowed" Berg (whatever that means) I take it it's meant it's not beneficial to Berg.

Furthermore according to Glen Berg started off well for 3 or 4 games then gets "shadowed" by Agnew (whatever that means) and all of a sudden for some mysterious reason Glen can't divulge Berg can't consider certain players?.

What absolute claptrap.

If there is an element of disagreement and infighting within the corridors of power at Ewood, and no doubt there is, Glen should be disapproving of it. Unfortunately he appears to thrive on alleged internal politicking and the slightest suggestion of a conspiracy theory and delight in attempting to stir the pot even further with accusations he claims he can substantiate but won't substantiate on public forums for "legal reasons".

And he and BRAG are actually operating from within Club premises. You couldn't make it up. It goes to show how gormless Singh is I suppose.

Don't suppose anyone can corroborate the allegation that JA spoke to Shaw before Shaw went to India can they? Not sure what significance it would have in any event but it makes for a good few more conspiracy theories I'm sure.

We simply need to appoint a decent manager and start winning football matches fast.

All this participating in internal squabbles and attempting to ramp it up to new heights is quite frankly pathetic.

Well said happyclapper. Far from having an "agenda" I think Ricky is on the money as well.

Apologies to anyone else who disagrees, but it's something I've felt increasingly strongly about and I had to get it off my chest.

Sorry mate, 55 posts and each one bordering on the abusive, why, have you a personal axe to grind ?

why have the leaders of this board not done anything? protecting someone ?

I got banned for the to$$er and i quote "finding a river like thing".

best be quiet tho ste b will grumpy and drunk and post abuse again.

I have no doubts about the shadowing that Glen refers to, but it was a combination of factors which ultimately undermined Berg, the sad fact is that an experienced manager such as McCarthy would've dealt with things on day 1, Henning due to his relative inexperienced wasn't able to do so.

Behind the scenes club is in total mess, the three senior executives appear to be working against each other rather than working together to move club forward., while that situation remains club will continue to slide downwards.

Will any experienced manager who wouldn't put up with this nonsense be supported by any of the three? I would say they'll appoint a patsy every time so they can carry on their shenanigans.

Owners too far away geographically and mentally to stem this madness----if they care that is.

Good grief, so much innuendo and inference here. Cryers article in todays LT seems to be on the right lines to me. I can accept quite easily his version of what's happening.

On the day that Berg was appointed, I started a topic on here saying that the next vital move was that Derek Shaw stepped forward and took control. If that had happened we would have been on the right tracks again. That hasn't happened though, so the void left has been filled pretty quickly by Agnew and Singh. I guess Shaw didn't have a chance simply because the other two quite simply shout a lot louder - and that seems to attract the Raos.

There's only one way forward here for me. and it's quite simple. If I was Mrs D I would be saying to Agnew and Singh, thanks a lot, but you have to leave. I would say to Shaw - You're now in charge, find me a football manager. At the same time, find yourself an assistant who you know has the experience you need and who you can work with. Singh and Agnew should be nowhere near footballing decisions, while Shaw isn't everyones first choice as managing director, at least seems to be a honest guy who isn't here for his own ego trip.

Cutting through all the bull, that's the simple and obvious way forward. Anything else and we're stuffed.

Good grief, so much innuendo and inference here. Cryers article in todays LT seems to be on the right lines to me. I can accept quite easily his version of what's happening.

On the day that Berg was appointed, I started a topic on here saying that the next vital move was that Derek Shaw stepped forward and took control. If that had happened we would have been on the right tracks again. That hasn't happened though, so the void left has been filled pretty quickly by Agnew and Singh. I guess Shaw didn't have a chance simply because the other two quite simply shout a lot louder - and that seems to attract the Raos.

There's only one way forward here for me. and it's quite simple. If I was Mrs D I would be saying to Agnew and Singh, thanks a lot, but you have to leave. I would say to Shaw - You're now in charge, find me a football manager. At the same time, find yourself an assistant who you know has the experience you need and who you can work with. Singh and Agnew should be nowhere near footballing decisions, while Shaw isn't everyones first choice as managing director, at least seems to be a honest guy who isn't here for his own ego trip.

Cutting through all the bull, that's the simple and obvious way forward. Anything else and we're stuffed.

+1.

Good post Den.

Not sure why Rovers Fan is getting the amount of stick he has because from what I can see of what Glen posted last night he is in my opinion full of more bs than anyone at the Club.

Well said happyclapper. Far from having an "agenda" I think Ricky is on the money as well.

Apologies to anyone else who disagrees, but it's something I've felt increasingly strongly about and I had to get it off my chest.

You're a real contrarian these days Rev! Re Rovers Fan-------it wouldn't be anything to do wit him posting the stuff you apparently agree with 55 times would it?!!! And nothing else!

As for Ricky, he's threatening to ban him! Good provocative post though! LOL

^^^^^^....Derek Shaw in complete control?

As a first move, yes. Brings stability and somewhere we can build from. At this moment in time we don't need to be looking for both a new managing director and football manager.

^^^^^^....Derek Shaw in complete control? Oh dear.... sorry but that suggestion is just plain daft.

+1

Whilst I agree with letting one man sort out this mess, I don't think anyone yet knows whether Shaw can be trusted. Personally, I'd sack the lot of them and bring in a neutral man with no links to any affiliation but who has had a career in English football at boardroom level and let him get on with it.

You're a real contrarian these days Rev! Re Rovers Fan-------it wouldn't be anything to do wit him posting the stuff you apparently agree with 55 times would it?!!! And nothing else!

As for Ricky, he's threatening to ban him! Good provocative post though! LOL

Well yes, I had't appreciated the problem about repeatng the same point over and over. Fair comment in that respect.

As a first move, yes. Brings stability and somewhere we can build from. At this moment in time we don't need to be looking for both a new managing director and football manager.

Den I follow your posts with interest as I have very similar views.

However I worked with Shaw at PNE when Baxi were in charge under Bryan Gray and Tony Scholes and unless he has had regularly brain surgery since then I can confidently state he should not even be in charge of cleaning the kit, let alone managing the whole club. I was astounded when he was recruited to our board. Cash is king Derek.

I am no particular fan of Agnew but it is obvious from Glen's previous pointless blog about Agnew which was unsurprisingly taken down that he has a particular problem with him. Now he is trying to claim that Agnew "shadowed" Kean and Berg but won't even explain in plain English what "shadows" means. If Agnew was a supporter of Kean and "shadowed" him,(whatever that means) I take it it is meant that that was beneficial to Kean. However when it is hinted Agnew "shadowed" Berg (whatever that means) I take it it's meant it's not beneficial to Berg.

Furthermore according to Glen Berg started off well for 3 or 4 games then gets "shadowed" by Agnew (whatever that means) and all of a sudden for some mysterious reason Glen can't divulge Berg can't consider certain players?.

What absolute claptrap.

If there is an element of disagreement and infighting within the corridors of power at Ewood, and no doubt there is, Glen should be disapproving of it. Unfortunately he appears to thrive on alleged internal politicking and the slightest suggestion of a conspiracy theory and delight in attempting to stir the pot even further with accusations he claims he can substantiate but won't substantiate on public forums for "legal reasons".

And he and BRAG are actually operating from within Club premises. You couldn't make it up. It goes to show how gormless Singh is I suppose.

Don't suppose anyone can corroborate the allegation that JA spoke to Shaw before Shaw went to India can they? Not sure what significance it would have in any event but it makes for a good few more conspiracy theories I'm sure.

We simply need to appoint a decent manager and start winning football matches fast.

All this participating in internal squabbles and attempting to ramp it up to new heights is quite frankly pathetic.

Plenty of good valid observations here.

Bottom line is simple, I think there are too many agendas in the club, including, IMO, BRAG.

I would get rid of the feckin lot at a stroke, given opportunity, and try and get some loyalty and integrity back into the club.

Archived