BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Barnsley Away

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vukcevic? Good Grief Topman! How much has he been paid divided by the number of appearences he has made? Peds remuneration must pale into insignificance against his. Not only that but there really must be a huge question mark over that particular individual's lifestyle OR his contract terms for him to have been ignored for so long.

Peds a @#/? bag, I know it, most posters on here know it, you've been around football long enough to know it. Wise up.

If I was championing a topless picture of Tom Hardy in Warrior (a real manly film) I assume it would be ok regardless of my sexuality. For the record he looks fantastic and as a straight man I'm comfortable saying that (honest).

The woman in Topman's avatar has her nipples covered and despite her sizable breasts the picture isn't all that sexual. If he had a picture of an uglier, middle-aged woman with no boobs in a bikini I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid.

Oh on another point, great result. Glad to see Rochina and Rhodes on the scoresheet. Praying Robbie Savage talked some sense into Singh and we appoint a good manager. I am not hopeful though.

How did Lowe play? Likewise, is Kean the real deal? Any news on Vukcevic injury?

One of his better games. Is never going to be the sort of player which dominates games, but was very tidy and was extremely energetic from the first minute.

Can someone plz provide highlights of the match? Player ratings, etc etc? Anything for us folks who did not watch the match? :(

Thought there was a much greater tempo to Rovers' play today. There were no obvious shirkers, show ponies are any football cameo impressionists that I have witnessed to varying degrees this season. They didn't regard Barnsley as pushovers and looked like they wanted to play for each other.

They took the applause before, at half time and after the match. The Barnsley changing rooms are by the away section, like at Stoke. However, I have been to Stoke a couple of times and that made no difference to the players acknowledging the fans. I thought Murphy took the lead in that respect, even when coming on for the pre-match warm up. A good number of the players took their shirts off and handed them to the fans at the end of the game whilst also acknowledging the applause. The result seemed to matter.

Jake Kean did fine, one great save in the second half.

Henley likewise, looked fit, anticipated the play, strong in the tackle.

Dann and Hanley I will bracket together as excellent in the main today. Hanley in particular defied my expectations several times when I thought he probably either wouldn't fight for or win the ball. I think these two were the main difference today.

Martin Olsson did well, solid if sometimes caught dithering in the second half.

Rochina at his best. He did lose the ball at times and waste it, too. But also kept it unbelievably sometimes, leaving their players looking clumsy and inept.

Murhpy the same. Occasional lapses but still has the ability to pick a good long or short ball.

Lowe was a good foil for Murphy. Sweeping up in front of the defence.

Vukcevic rarely looked like losing the ball. Excellent positionally.

King really seemed up for up, fast but also strong on the ball. More aggressive and to more effect than of late.

Rhodes played his usual hardworking game, looked like he wouldn't get near the ball most of the time, then created his own chance, taking on their defender outside the area. Scored it. Then again, he does score when he wants.

Seemed some pride amongst the team today. I think the Barnsley match came at the right time.

That would be my starting 11. bench wouldnt be tho.

Not good enough !

Ok against a weak team in Barnsley, but the stats of 56% possession against 44% for us with them having more shots at goal than us suggests that their quality up front was seriously lacking.

Today we beat another relegation threatened team, tomorrow though could be a totally different matter.

Can someone plz provide highlights of the match? Player ratings, etc etc? Anything for us folks who did not watch the match? :(

1st goal Jordan Rhodes played the ball to King who sprinted through on goal - first shot hit the keeper, rebounded off king and went in.

2nd goal, Rochina dribbled past 2 defenders, got into the penalty area and blasted it past the Goalkeeper.

Barnsley goal - Dawson dribbled into the area, wasn't closed down and then lifted the ball into the top corner from a similar position that Rochina scored.

3rd Goal, Rhodes nicked the ball off the last defender, went through on goal and slotted the ball in from the edge of the area.

A lot of fans expected us to go tits up at Barnsley today.

We had some balls today, and this is no longer a booby team for us to play. A couple of jugs of ale served by a large breasted buxom wench are in order.

Very good Preston blue.

Sorry Paul I do see your point but I think you're up against it pal.

ive not even heard of half of their players. also better players not being used and unrest with the senior players. very much like us

they have some decent unknown youngsters just like ourselves . It's just like sending the schoolkids on a trip without the teachers .. There's bound to be mayhem

they have some decent unknown youngsters just like ourselves . It's just like sending the schoolkids on a trip without the teachers .. There's bound to be mayhem

difference is they have what is a respected manager (barring how he treated his old club) and we had kean. villa look like us except their owners dont come out and say stupid things

Not good enough !

Ok against a weak team in Barnsley, but the stats of 56% possession against 44% for us with them having more shots at goal than us suggests that their quality up front was seriously lacking.

Today we beat another relegation threatened team, tomorrow though could be a totally different matter.

Shut up you tit!

who would be your starting 11 with the current squad.

Shut up you tit!

who would be your starting 11 with the current squad.

Presactly. Managerless, coachless, clueless from top to bottom. Maybe a flattering win against bottom of the league but given the current disarray and the fact that a couple of the players haven't played in a while it's a pretty respectable result. Moved a bit of pressure from the pitch to the boardroom where it needs to stay, the players need to be able to get on with things and do their bit.

Good to hear they were playing for it, iirc the last time Simon, Rochina and Rhodes started together was Peterborough was it not? And we looked great going forwards there. Unfortunately after that game team selections started looking suspect again.

Would any tears be shed if any of them left? Maybe minus Robinson certainly not IMO.

Robinson had worst shots to saves ratio of whole Prem for years. If we get all of these big salaries off the payroll it will be wonderful. Might save us one day not far away from insolvency and 10-point deduction. But enjoy the moment and Rochina-King-Rhodes!

Archived