BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Barnsley Away

Back from the game. Rather pleased with the result. Performance was somewhat questionable. Some positives and good performances but a fair few worrying signs too.

Game started and we were poor. Barnsley had a lot of possession and gave us a bit of a run around. They didn't create many clear cut chances though, mainly due to the outstanding Grant Hanley at the back. Against the run of play we got our first goal, King using his pace after being released well.

Barnsley deflated after the goal, and though they had more possession it was a lot less pressured and a bit aimless from barnsley. Dann who was looking a right fairy up until the goal turned into a second commanding centre half and we looked fairly comfortable. Again a second goal on the break from Rochina should have put the game well and truely to bed.

Second half was more even, and Barnsley were running out of energy and ideas whilst we had a few more chances. Despite this Barnsley managed to get a goal back through rovers lack of closing down leading to a grandstand finish.

Just as you wondered that we were going to throw away the win, an injury resulted in Barnsely playing with 10 men. Rovers took full advantage of the man advantage and looked dangerous. Rhodes did well to close down the defender as barnsley pressed forward before slotting home to secure the points. Overall you felt for Barnsley a bit as they huffed and puffed and gave it everything but lacked the quality to hurt us.

Positives: Hanley was excellent. Henley also did well. Rochina also showed his talent. There was a lot of showboating and tricks, some of which need to be cut out for more sensible less spectacular options. However it's encouraging to see in Rochina that we have a player who can create something from nothing, and provide a bit of magic from nothing.

Negatives: Barnsley were poor. For all their effort they created little. However especially in the early going Barnsely could have got something from the game. We started slowly and a better team would have punished us for it. Also there seemed a lot of square pegs in round holes - not sure Rhodes-Rochina is a good partnership and the midfield never really got control of the game.

Overall: a vital 3 points to help stop us getting into a relegation scrap. Good news - we've too much talent to go down. Bad news - not good enough to go up.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who knows, maybe the bizarre Brighton postponement may be a godsend if we've run into a bit of form before the rearranged fixture.

Rev, as you know some are suggesting that was the result of careful planning and that this was the intention. One win is all it is a very timely one at that. Let's see what New Years Day brings.

Back from the game. Rather pleased with the result. Performance was somewhat questionable. Some positives and good performances but a fair few worrying signs too.

Game started and we were poor. Barnsley had a lot of possession and gave us a bit of a run around. They didn't create many clear cut chances though, mainly due to the outstanding Grant Hanley at the back. Against the run of play we got our first goal, King using his pace after being released well.

Barnsley deflated after the goal, and though they had more possession it was a lot less pressured and a bit aimless from barnsley. Dann who was looking a right fairy up until the goal turned into a second commanding centre half and we looked fairly comfortable. Again a second goal on the break from Rochina should have put the game well and truely to bed.

Second half was more even, and Barnsley were running out of energy and ideas whilst we had a few more chances. Despite this Barnsley managed to get a goal back through rovers lack of closing down leading to a grandstand finish.

Just as you wondered that we were going to throw away the win, an injury resulted in Barnsely playing with 10 men. Rovers took full advantage of the man advantage and looked dangerous. Rhodes did well to close down the defender as barnsley pressed forward before slotting home to secure the points. Overall you felt for Barnsley a bit as they huffed and puffed and gave it everything but lacked the quality to hurt us.

Positives: Hanley was excellent. Henley also did well. Rochina also showed his talent. There was a lot of showboating and tricks, some of which need to be cut out for more sensible less spectacular options. However it's encouraging to see in Rochina that we have a player who can create something from nothing, and provide a bit of magic from nothing.

Negatives: Barnsley were poor. For all their effort they created little. However especially in the early going Barnsely could have got something from the game. We started slowly and a better team would have punished us for it. Also there seemed a lot of square pegs in round holes - not sure Rhodes-Rochina is a good partnership and the midfield never really got control of the game.

Overall: a vital 3 points to help stop us getting into a relegation scrap. Good news - we've too much talent to go down. Bad news - not good enough to go up.

Exactly what was said the last time we got relegated from the Prem, time before last if you are being picky.

Rev, as you know some are suggesting that was the result of careful planning and that this was the intention. One win is all it is a very timely one at that. Let's see what New Years Day brings.

Could be the "no manager" bounce! The players know we are going to get another lemon so they're playing winning football while they can!

Exactly what was said the last time we got relegated from the Prem, time before last if you are being picky.

Difference is the standard of the Championship is very low and we do have enough quality on what I've seen and listened to this season. Even when we've been loosing it's not been because the opposition were good but rather we were poor and sloppy.

Think a lot will depend on what we do in January as to how we do. If we get a good manager and a few players in we could push for play offs if we let Singh be dof and get rid of our better performers then we could well be in a relegation dog fight. However I still think there's enough quality there to stop us dropping down another division.

You hate it when we win don't you?

No !

Keeping everything in perspective before the juveniles run wild with emotion after a victory over a far less talented team. Remember Peterborough away and the over reaction then.

have not read the whole thread, but just a quick question, did the team perform better.? I know we won, but im also talking about our ability to keep posession and remain organised.

I was really dissapointed when topman had a dude as avatar, it jut didnt feel right and it was obvious that this messagboard suffered as a result.

Bad news is that we are not good enough to go up even though we were better today.

Good news is there were a number of things to make you proud to be a rover today.

Good following with a balance of pro rovers / anti venky and Singh chants

The reception given to the team as they walked off at half time was special

Effort put in by all the players considering the week we have all had. Led by Hanley, Henley, Dann, Murphy, King and Rhodes for me

The reaction to the winning goal by all the players

All the team led by Murphy giving the shirts to the young fans at the end

Still think we will get beat by forest

Venkys out!

have no read the whole thread, but just a quick question, did the team perform better.? I know we won, but im also talking about our ability to keep posession and remain organised.

I was really dissapointed when topman had a dude as avatar, it jut didnt feel right and it was obvious that this messagboard suffered as a result.

Must important thing is that they were up for the fight, playing for each other and the fans

Must important thing is that they were up for the fight, playing for each other and the fans

great..

Really important, that they looked up for it. Let´s hope it continues.!

The reaction to the winning goal by all the players

link anyone.?

would be much appreciated, as i couldnt find a stream today..

have not read the whole thread, but just a quick question, did the team perform better.? I know we won, but im also talking about our ability to keep posession and remain organised.

"Yes but" is the answer.

Yes we were better. Defended well across the back, clinical in front of goal and played some nice football.

BUT - barnsely are a very poor team, first 25 mins we should have been a goal down and we really badly struggled to retain possession.

Probably we're a mid table championship team from today's indicators

No !

Keeping everything in perspective before the juveniles run wild with emotion after a victory over a far less talented team. Remember Peterborough away and the over reaction then.

There has been no wild over reaction on here as far as I have seen.

No !

I found it amusing that you found little to moan about the starting line-up, so you bitched about the bench instead.

You're a self-parody at times.

Thought Hanley was magnificent today. Wish Rochina would distribute the ball one tackle earlier. All in all a good day at the office, but must build on this at the much more daunting Ewood.

Oh yes ES. A cauldron of hate. Rightly so. A farce of a football club, idiots advising, and prospering, from idiots.

Do they do frontal lobotomies at the club shop now?

Sorry mate. Makes me sick what is happening. Come the revolution these wakners will just disappear. Snap. Never to be seen again. Just like the last two years never happened.

Oh yes ES. A cauldron of hate. Rightly so. A farce of a football club, idiots advising, and prospering, from idiots.

Do they do frontal lobotomies at the club shop now?

Sorry mate. Makes me sick what is happening. Come the revolution these wakners will just disappear. Snap. Never to be seen again. Just like the last two years never happened.

Certainly not a cauldron of hate, but the problem is its not a cauldron of anything. Morgue-like is a better description. There are mitigating circumstances but the bottom line is the team has looked more at ease 'on the road'. This has got to change.

Certainly not a cauldron of hate, but the problem is its not a cauldron of anything. Morgue-like is a better description. There are mitigating circumstances but the bottom line is the team has looked more at ease 'on the road'. This has got to change.

A lot of things have to change ES, give me something to believe in and trust would be good. As I alluded to, I don't want to have to pay to be turned into Randle McMurphy in order to enjoy it.

Archived