BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 2 - With Poll

Next Rovers Manager  

547 members have voted

1. 1. Which, if any of the following would be acceptable as the new manager to you?

• Sven Goran Erikkson
    • Mark Bowen
    • Peter Taylor
    • Billy Davies
    • Gary Bowyer
    • Judan Ali/Kevin MacDonald Combi
    • Shebby Singh
    • Phil Brown
    • None of the above

I wonder if the management appointment has been put off until February so that the new man doesn't have the stigma of having sold our best players in the transfer window.

Just a thought.

Why would they spend 8 million on Rhodes just to sell our best players in January? This asset stripping nonsense needs to stop, they aren't evil overlords, just not very knowledgable on football and getting bad advice.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uncalled for that! There was nothing wrong about what he said, its the truth. People seem more upset everytime somebody mentions Allardyce. Why I'm not so sure, yet we are where we are, because of a stupid decision back then.

NO WE ARE NOT!!!

Sacking Allardyce(and far more importantly not replacing him with an actual Quality Manager) was just 1 of dozens of mistakes the owners have made that have lead us to where we are now, Their biggest mistake by far was not listening too or respecting the original board that was in place and letting them all leave.

Sam Allardyce wouldnt have stuck around very long under this lot even if he wasn't sacked and would most likely still have gone too WestHam(or the 1st other club that wanted him), he didn't care halve as much about rovers as he did about Bolton or now WestHam or put halve as much effort into the job here.

Why would they spend 8 million on Rhodes just to sell our best players in January? This asset stripping nonsense needs to stop, they aren't evil overlords, just not very knowledgable on football and getting bad advice.

You don't think they've been selling our best players?

Hope you're right bigdogstool. (Sorry couldn't resist!) :D

It doesn't seem to you that, given our monthly losses, and avoidance of getting a proper manager and proper players that we are skint and with promotion looking less likely we need to start cutting our cloth? I really don't think Venkys are putting their hands in their pockets will rely only on loans, parachute payments and player sales to keep us ticking over.

I'd love to see how the Rhodes deal has been financed. I DON'T believe that Venkys pulled £8m out of their big wallet.

Hope you're right bigdogstool. (Sorry couldn't resist!) :D

It doesn't seem to you that, given our monthly losses, and avoidance of getting a proper manager and proper players that we are skint and with promotion looking less likely we need to start cutting our cloth? I really don't think Venkys are putting their hands in their pockets will rely only on loans, parachute payments and player sales to keep us ticking over.

I'd love to see how the Rhodes deal has been financed. I DON'T believe that Venkys pulled £8m out of their big wallet.

I'll let that one slide ;)

There have been meaner owners of relegated teams, I mean I don't care how the Rhodes deal was financed, they still ok'd it where many an owner of a relegated team wouldn't. Ok it was a few months too late, but hey.

There have been meaner owners of relegated teams, I mean I don't care how the Rhodes deal was financed, they still ok'd and many an owner of a relegated team wouldn't. Ok it was a few months too late, but hey.

You have to ask though why owners of other clubs wouldn't have shelled out £8m that they didn't have!

Now had we spent £8m whilst still in the PL (with the right manager, granted) we wouldn't have having this conversation.

You don't think they've been selling our best players?

No -one has been sold that didn't want to leave.

In the summer I was expecting all the high earners like Robinson, Givet Olsson Dunn Pedersen to be offloaded to ease the wage bill. It didn't happen, the owners kept faith with these experienced players. Martin Olsson has got his head together a bit and stopped sulking but none of the others have contributed anything worth a damn this season.

11m was spent on Best and Rhodes, a lot presumbly on Murphy and Etuhu and half of Portugal.

One of those LT articles indicated that Singh had said no-one would be allowed to leave inJanuary unless they were hammering the door down. Givet has apparently kindly informed us via his agent he doesn't want to play for us any more citing "family issues" so hopefully we can offload him before he extorts too much more salary out of us.

Could the money have been spent better? Very possibly, but it's hardly the actions of asset strippers.

I really don't think Venkys are putting their hands in their pockets will rely only on loans, parachute payments and player sales to keep us ticking over.

Substitute "TV money" for "Parachute payments" and just like the good old days under the Walker Trust then.

Substitute "TV money" for "Parachute payments" and just like the good old days under the Walker Trust then.
The TV money had a little more longevity that the parachute payments.

Not. Swap I would have made either!

We were struggling under the Trust - I'm by no means their biggest fan - but now we are on a life support machine.

You could also trust the club's hierarchy back in those 'good old days'.

Givet has apparently kindly informed us via his agent he doesn't want to play for us any more citing "family issues" so hopefully we can offload him before he extorts too much more salary out of us.

Givet is pulling a 'Samba'

He has constantly refused to play (mystery injuries) unless Rovers tear up his contract (which has a relegation clause) and re-write it in his favour. We practically had to force him onto the pitch against Blackpool.

He has constantly refused to play (mystery injuries) unless Rovers tear up his contract (which has a relegation clause) and re-write it in his favour. We practically had to force him onto the pitch against Blackpool.

I said at the time we shouldn't allow Samba to leave as it would signal to the rest of the players they could get up to all sorts of shenanigens and get away with it.

pulling a samba......I DO HOPE SOME LEGAL FOLK READ THIS. HAVE YOU GOT PROOF OF HIM FEIGNING INJURIES.WHATS THE "WE" ...? WE FORCED HIM ON THE PITCH. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO BACK THIS UP AS I FOR ONE DONT BELIEVE A WORD THAT YOU OR ANYONE VENKY HAS TO SAY .THEY HAVE KILLED THE CLUB AND ARE UTTER TURDS .AT LEAST YOU CAN WASH A TURD OFF YOUR SHOES. SO YOU ARE A REAL LIFE VENKY THEN .

VENKYS OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40 ODD YEARS FOR ME KILLED BY THE IDIOTS WHO HAVE RUINED THE CLUB I LOVE AND FOR THAT THEY WILL NEVER BE FORGIVEN.

Hmmm. Tough one.

What to believe?

Ex Premier League footballer - robbed of the title - probably a little bitter, but whom I've watched pull his tripe out on the pitch again and again, and who has watched the majority of his former team mates and management treated like crap, frozen out and/or disposed of.

Or Venky's leak, putting forward a version of events as the club's current hierarchy would prefer us to see it.

Like I said, it's tough.

Uncalled for that! There was nothing wrong about what he said, its the truth. People seem more upset everytime somebody mentions Allardyce. Why I'm not so sure, yet we are where we are, because of a stupid decision back then.

Thats cos nobody likes to have to admit that they were wrong.... and especially so when it's about football. ;)

O please, shut up!

how many times are we going to here this, like there's not enough bickering and division amongst fans people still have to drag this old chestnut up.

No

o' driscoll would be a godsend right now, just shows how far we have fallen

Would he risk coming to us with the current state the club is in?

Hmmm. Tough one.

What to believe?

Ex Premier League footballer - robbed of the title - probably a little bitter, but whom I've watched pull his tripe out on the pitch again and again, and who has watched the majority of his former team mates and management treated like crap, frozen out and/or disposed of.

Or Venky's leak, putting forward a version of events as the club's current hierarchy would prefer us to see it.

Like I said, it's tough.

Sounds very likely to me Stuart. Either way Givet is under contract to play. Even from his own agent's mouth he is citing "family reasons" for wanting to leave.

Didn't exactly pull his tripe out at Blackpool did he?

No -one has been sold that didn't want to leave.

In the summer I was expecting all the high earners like Robinson, Givet Olsson Dunn Pedersen to be offloaded to ease the wage bill. It didn't happen, the owners kept faith with these experienced players. Martin Olsson has got his head together a bit and stopped sulking but none of the others have contributed anything worth a damn this season.

11m was spent on Best and Rhodes, a lot presumbly on Murphy and Etuhu and half of Portugal.

One of those LT articles indicated that Singh had said no-one would be allowed to leave inJanuary unless they were hammering the door down. Givet has apparently kindly informed us via his agent he doesn't want to play for us any more citing "family issues" so hopefully we can offload him before he extorts too much more salary out of us.

Could the money have been spent better? Very possibly, but it's hardly the actions of asset strippers.

Best was a good buy at the time and excited me. Sad what happened though.

Rhodes has been a good buy too.

Murphy hasn't impressed me at all and I was looking forward to seeing him play. Same with Etuhu

And the Portugese Massive I think Gomes and Nunes have done ok. The rest I wouldn't recognise if they was sat next to me on the bus.

Don't think Venky's are stripping us for assets but they are just sooooo thick not to get the decsion of a good manager right for sooooo long.

Sam Allardyce wouldnt have stuck around very long under this lot even if he wasn't sacked and would most likely still have gone too WestHam(or the 1st other club that wanted him), he didn't care halve as much about rovers as he did about Bolton or now WestHam or put halve as much effort into the job here.

Quite possibly...... but the best bit about Allardyce was that the media and press had given him such a negative image (plus the whiff of scandal that accompanies him) that not many club Chairman would have approached him. Lets face it any other manager that could keep our squad in the top half would always be snaffled pdq. It's happened all my life until Jack strode up to the oche.

pulling a samba......I DO HOPE SOME LEGAL FOLK READ THIS. HAVE YOU GOT PROOF OF HIM FEIGNING INJURIES.WHATS THE "WE" ...? WE FORCED HIM ON THE PITCH. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO BACK THIS UP AS I FOR ONE DONT BELIEVE A WORD THAT YOU OR ANYONE VENKY HAS TO SAY .THEY HAVE KILLED THE CLUB AND ARE UTTER TURDS .AT LEAST YOU CAN WASH A TURD OFF YOUR SHOES. SO YOU ARE A REAL LIFE VENKY THEN .

VENKYS OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40 ODD YEARS FOR ME KILLED BY THE IDIOTS WHO HAVE RUINED THE CLUB I LOVE AND FOR THAT THEY WILL NEVER BE FORGIVEN.

Well said, totaly agree(but stop abusing the caps lock, it actually only makes things harder to read!)

If Givet has 100% wanted to leave for so long he should simply have been sold and replaced whilst he had a good value and before it got to the stage where he has to really stamp his feet just to get the moronic arrogant idiots in charge to take him seriously, now his contracts nearly at an end a minimal fee is about all you can demand(if anything). MGs trying to make out its the player that's totally fault which is wrong its just bad bananas and yet another example of the owners and boards backwards business principles(or lack of).

Archived