BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 2 - With Poll

Next Rovers Manager  

547 members have voted

1. 1. Which, if any of the following would be acceptable as the new manager to you?

• Sven Goran Erikkson
    • Mark Bowen
    • Peter Taylor
    • Billy Davies
    • Gary Bowyer
    • Judan Ali/Kevin MacDonald Combi
    • Shebby Singh
    • Phil Brown
    • None of the above

Amazing? More like anyone with the @#/? to stand up to the manager. Unfortunate really cos 'proper' men like those are what every team needs when the chips are down. How much of a difference would Steven N'Zonzi make to the team we have now inplace of the hapless Lowe the geriatric Murphy and bone @#/? idle Etohu? He's already hero worshipped at Stoke and he'd be absolutely immense in this Div and under a proper manager.

A month eh? Are we getting special transfer window dispensation hasta?

I didn't say it made sense to us mere outsiders.

pointless edit - has anyone ever noticed if you quote a post it reveals the 'actual' word used in the before the swear filter changes it to 'Kea'? It only changes back to Kean when you actually post your reply.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rev, sometimes I think you don't see anything that's going on here.

Don't talk wet Den and once again I have to say don't be so bloomin' insulting.

If Venky's wanted to shift out the likes of Diouf, Emerton, Nelsen, Roberts and Salgado because they were on high wages then that's fine by me because in my view they had reached the stage in their careers when they weren't very good. If you rated them then that's fine, it's a matter of opinion and I'm not going to insult you about it. In any event the original point was about whether Venky's were asset stripping not whether those players were any good per se and imo getting a high wage earner off the bill when they're coming to the end of the line is sensible financial planning as opposed to asset stripping. Did we replace those players adequately with younger versions? Obviously not.

Selling the likes of Samba, Phil Jones, Hoillet, Yakubu and before that Warnock Santa Cruz Bentley Dunn in his prime and Duff, well that's a different matter entirely. They're the players that really made it happen for us imo and that's what has caused our downfall in the long run but strictly on the asset stripping point again I don't think we could have done much more to prevent the first 4 leaving. Samba was allegedly on 100k p.w. before he threw his toys out of the pram for the umpteenth time.

Who Are the 100+ that have voted none of the above!!!, What/Who are they expecting then???

I can only assume they're kids or simpletons with naive unrealistic expectation.

Probably people who want O'Driscoll, Curbishley, Kenny Dalgleish, Mark Hughes etc

None would probably fart in our general direction nevermind manage us.

Agnew is not in charge. He leaves footprints wherever he goes. He is and forever will be a figure of hate.

Singh is altogether more devious and manipulative. He tells one thing to BRFCAG and then tells everyone else how much he despises BRFCAG and vehemently dislikes Glen Mullan.

My gut feel is Singh is by far the bigger problem and whilst he is a clown, he is by no means the cuddly clown he wants us to believe he is.

Agnew is not in charge. He leaves footprints wherever he goes. He is and forever will be a figure of hate.

Singh is altogether more devious and manipulative. He tells one thing to BRFCAG and then tells everyone else how much he despises BRFCAG and vehemently dislikes Glen Mullan.

My gut feel is Singh is by far the bigger problem and whilst he is a clown, he is by no means the cuddly clown he wants us to believe he is.

Couldn't agree more

If this is true surely a PM to Glen would have better than to broadcast this for all to see?

Probably people who want O'Driscoll, Curbishley, Kenny Dalgleish, Mark Hughes etc

None would probably fart in our general direction nevermind manage us.

The Point of the Poll though is to show who the fans would 'accept', considering Shebby and the likes have said we're stupid and cant even decide amongst ourselves who the manager should be, When the truth is as far as we're concerned its more of a case of who the manager shouldn't be, The poll clearly shows who we wont accept, for obvious reasons(ie. their experienced never-has-been losers or inexperienced amateur nobody's) and not because we are fickle.

Glen is more than aware of what Shebby says about him behind his back. As he has frequently written, little is said at Rovers without him knowing about it.

I think this is an unhealthy situation, to be honest.

No fan should know the internal workings and politics of their club, particularly one who likes to broadcast on blogs and messageboards so regularly.

Not reading too much into today's result but if we could win the next two League games AND the performances were good I don't see how you could not give Bowyer the job unless a managerial superstar were to unexpectedly declare his interest.

I am waiting for the "Paulometer" for the correct attendance. But as you say another protest via people staying away.

I'd go with 5504 It sounds about right. Bowyer gave another good interview after the match and it's really good to have a manager, albeit only supposedly temporary, who gives straight answers to straight questions.

I'd go with 5504 It sounds about right. Bowyer gave another good interview after the match and it's really good to have a manager, albeit only supposedly temporary, who gives straight answers to straight questions.

Subbed Jason Lowe and put Vukcevic in there, how good was that move.

TJ - I can assure you that I am neither a child, nor a simpleton - your comment is crass and in poor taste. I voted none of the above because O'Driscoll and Curbishley are available and not on the list. If we had half-decent owners we could have a half-decent manager. GB is doing well, and I wish him all the best, not sure he's the long term answer - if the Loons are serious about promotion then they need to bring in a manager with kudos, who can attract talent and get us there. Don't do your fellow fans down.

TJ - I can assure you that I am neither a child, nor a simpleton - your comment is crass and in poor taste. I voted none of the above because O'Driscoll and Curbishley are available and not on the list. If we had half-decent owners we could have a half-decent manager. GB is doing well, and I wish him all the best, not sure he's the long term answer - if the Loons are serious about promotion then they need to bring in a manager with kudos, who can attract talent and get us there. Don't do your fellow fans down.

I'd take either of your choices in a heartbeat but sadly I can't see either of them coming here......or even if they would I can see them not being looked at by the powers that be.

If you consider that post to be"crass and poor taste" then im sorry!!!

But

As i said the poll is clearly 'who would you accept', if your telling me you'd only accept either Curbishley or O'Driscol but would be against all of the other managers in the poll then im going to have to disagree with the 1st bit of your post! :P .

Archived