BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 2 - With Poll

Next Rovers Manager  

547 members have voted

1. 1. Which, if any of the following would be acceptable as the new manager to you?

• Sven Goran Erikkson
    • Mark Bowen
    • Peter Taylor
    • Billy Davies
    • Gary Bowyer
    • Judan Ali/Kevin MacDonald Combi
    • Shebby Singh
    • Phil Brown
    • None of the above

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Wonder if not having the pressure of 'manager' being his title is the reason it's working well?

Don't want him to be official manager because he'll end up being sacked eventually and we could do with keeping him and his excellent work at youth and reserve level. Ditto for McPhillips and Drench.

I think jan will give us a good idea in what to do if the boys keep going the way they are then keep them on and if we drop again get some1 in with no pressure and get them settled in for the start of next season and then give it our best shot at promotion

• Backroom
Could you please re write that Tom so I could understand it?

Sorry

Whilst the topic was on the real reasons for players leaving all I was saying was I was surprised that Jason Roberts found himself on the outside so to speak as whilst on the mid season trip to India in 2011 Jason would dine with Steve Kean and Scott Dann whilst the rest of the team would eat together. I had always presumed after that that he was one of Keans allies

Very premature to talk about giving Bowyer the job full time - in each of his three matches we have been lucky in how we got the first goal - we need to see how the team reacts to going behind.

It is amazing that people said we needed an experienced manager - the caretaker wins three matches and suddenly people seem to forget this. Don't get me wrong - I hope he ends up proving to be an unearthed managerial gem and leads us back into the Premiership on an unprecedented run of victories - but we have a long way to go to that.

I suppose we should all for now enjoy three wins on the bounce - and hope it instills some confidence into our underperforming squad - and hopefully persuades certain players to give us until the end of the season.

Bowyer has done a great job but I think its credit to his man management skills.

He got CKR and Rochina playing well plus Murphy is playing the best we seen since coming to rovers.

Also we look more solid at the back and Dann and Hanley look quite decent partnership but early days yet tho.

Would rovers fans accept Bowyer till end of the season as manager???

You always get a few Ptakers, but for there to be over 100 saying none of the above must mean there are a lot of dillberts and clueless little nippers passing through here.

why should the "list" be the be all and end all. i voted non of the above. the list just shows how far we have fallen. there could be others not on that list that may be interested. i am not a kid or simpleton. your comment is stupid.

if they appoint one on the list i dont need to find them acceptable. i will just have to put up with it. what i think wont make any difference

If they offer Gary the job until the end of the season I hope he insists on the condition that Singh keeps his nose out.

I fear he could insist all he wants, Singh could even agree to keep out of it. However he would not, not unaccustomed to Porkies is the little bespectacled one. I think we should all calm down about Bowyer, hugely impressive what he has done but let's at least wait till the gloss wears off. He would not be the first caretaker to start out like a house on fire only to be seriously doused after a handful of games. I am here with guarded optimism.

I think it's more a case of realising that the idea of Venky's appointing a "good" manager on purpose is not realistic.

We have to hope they stumble on one by accident (Bowyer)

Exactly right.

I wouldn't usually be happy with a caretaker being given the job but the thought of another Shebby dud sharpens the mind.

• Backroom
It is amazing that people said we needed an experienced manager - the caretaker wins three matches and suddenly people seem to forget this.

It isn't as simple as that DMTP, and I'm pretty sure you know that so I don't know why you've made this comment.

As Bucky says, it's not the winning that is necessarily swaying people, but the realisation that Venky's are very likely to employ another absolute joke as manager. With that in mind, we may as well stick with Bowyer as at least he has a connection with the club and the players seem to respond to him.

What we want and what we're likely to get are two very different things - people are coming to realise this and that means an acceptance that the appointment of Bowyer would not be so bad.

In terms of direct interference in footballing matters I reckon he's the main problem for whoever holds the managerial reins.

Others are more masters of the dark arts ;-)

The problem is of course that strange "goings on" with team selections and substitutions were very evident under stevo and henning. Under Black the starting lineups seemed to make more sense but he alluded to "having players on the bench that he couldn't bring on". Berg seemed unwilling to drop poor performers and his subs were practically non existent. Bowyer so far seems to have had a free hand (could be that dropping robinson, etuhu, givet and dunn has freed up more money in the "weekly budget").

What i am trying to get at (without risking myself or this board) is that the interference in team affairs has been going on a lot longer than Shebby's reign.

It isn't as simple as that DMTP, and I'm pretty sure you know that so I don't know why you've made this comment.

I think people are over reacting a little - with a bit of luck we could have easily seen Berg get three victories in his first three matches (post Palace).

I don't know how you can say winning isn't swaying peoples opinion - 3 defeats and people would be telling venkys to pull their fingers out and appoint a manager.

Bowyer has done incredibly well so far. We haven't won 3 on the bounce since 2008 so that shows how well he's done.

We have beaten 3 teams very comfortably under Bowyer. Tactically he is very astute and is getting the best out of the players. I've been extremely impressed.

Let's hope it continues.

Agnew is not in charge. He leaves footprints wherever he goes. He is and forever will be a figure of hate.

Singh is altogether more devious and manipulative. He tells one thing to BRFCAG and then tells everyone else how much he despises BRFCAG and vehemently dislikes Glen Mullan.

My gut feel is Singh is by far the bigger problem and whilst he is a clown, he is by no means the cuddly clown he wants us to believe he is.

So when do you talk with Shebby Singh Philipl, is this first hand that you can back up? or are we going down the 2nd, 3rd hand hearsay, chinese whispers road again?

• Backroom
I think people are over reacting a little - with a bit of luck we could have easily seen Berg get three victories in his first three matches (post Palace).

I don't know how you can say winning isn't swaying peoples opinion - 3 defeats and people would be telling venkys to pull their fingers out and appoint a manager.

Obviously the wins are a part of it - but you don't think Shebby's recent verbal diarrhea and names like Peter Taylor, Phil Brown, Kevin MacDonald and Judan Ali have more to do with it?

We got wins under Eric Black and nobody was clamouring for him to step up, as I recall.

Bowyer has done incredibly well so far. We haven't won 3 on the bounce since 2008 so that shows how well he's done.

We have beaten 3 teams very comfortably under Bowyer. Tactically he is very astute and is getting the best out of the players. I've been extremely impressed.

Let's hope it continues.

That's a big assumption to make about someone who's only been a 'manager' for 2 league games.

Obviously the wins are a part of it - but you don't think Shebby's recent verbal diarrhea and names like Peter Taylor, Phil Brown, Kevin MacDonald and Judan Ali have more to do with it?

We got wins under Eric Black and nobody was clamouring for him to step up, as I recall.

From memory, I'd say there was.....Jim was one but there a few others I think.

People can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.

Archived