BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 2 - With Poll

Next Rovers Manager  

547 members have voted

1. 1. Which, if any of the following would be acceptable as the new manager to you?

• Sven Goran Erikkson
    • Mark Bowen
    • Peter Taylor
    • Billy Davies
    • Gary Bowyer
    • Judan Ali/Kevin MacDonald Combi
    • Shebby Singh
    • Phil Brown
    • None of the above

Sven would be amazing in the circumstances.

First manager we'd have had since Big Sam.

I'd probably fall short of saying amazing. But i'd have no problem with Sven coming in. Much like Wenger, i think most modern day managers have caught up with his methods. But at the end of the day, he has managed some exceptional sides and would surely be a marked improvement on Berg and Kean. At least his CV can truthfully describe him as being a football manager. Thats a start in my eyes.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would welcome sven at ewood and has a fan who attends all the home games and a few away i think we have more of a say on who comes in.That has given me a idea all season ticket holders should get a vote on the new manager how would that go down with the non attenders.

I would welcome sven at ewood and has a fan who attends all the home games and a few away i think we have more of a say on who comes in.That has given me a idea all season ticket holders should get a vote on the new manager how would that go down with the non attenders.

Well its as stupid an idea as Shebby Singh picking a new manager.

If Sven does come in, he will bring in Derek Faz with him

From England onwards, always struggled to understand what Sven does !

Seems to surround himself with other folk who do the work, scouting Tord, coaching Faz, McClaren etc.

What feckin use would he be to us ? Can you imagine him actively putting on a session ?

He couldn't get Leicester up.

What we really need is a manager experienced in getting sides out of this division. Erikkson is a chequebook manager who made his name at top sides. He's not someone who can thrive in this division in my opinion.

But then I guess Venky's won't be putting much thought into it.

This is purely my understanding based on stuff I read in the papers but there seem to be rather a lot of alleged pay days that Mr Eriksson has received in recent years, namely: leaving the England job, leaving Manchester City, leaving the Mexico job, leaving Notts County, leaving the Côte d’Ivoire job, leaving Leicester City. Do we really have to be his next?

From England onwards, always struggled to understand what Sven does !

Seems to surround himself with other folk who do the work, scouting Tord, coaching Faz, McClaren etc.

What feckin use would he be to us ? Can you imagine him actively putting on a session ?

what did Mark Hughes do has Manager??? He didnt coach the players that is what Mark Bowen and Eddie N did for him.

I not saying Sven is the best man for the manager job but is probably the best man for it at the minute with Venkys and Shebby here.

we were never going to get Hughes or RDM at rovers.

This is purely my understanding based on stuff I read in the papers but there seem to be rather a lot of alleged pay days that Mr Eriksson has received in recent years, namely: leaving the England job, leaving Manchester City, leaving the Mexico job, leaving Notts County, leaving the Côte d’Ivoire job, leaving Leicester City. Do we really have to be his next?

Perhaps he's aware of Venky's apparent habit for paying-off its staff !!!

what did Mark Hughes do has Manager??? He didnt coach the players that is what Mark Bowen and Eddie N did for him.

I not saying Sven is the best man for the manager job but is probably the best man for it at the minute with Venkys and Shebby here.

we were never going to get Hughes or RDM at rovers.

I have seen Hughes put sessions on.

Big Sam does sessions.

Think you will find that most managers coach but Sven ?

What a @#/? travesty.

The guy is a dinosaur and at no point during or after the England job has he looked capable, to me. I doubt he's learned a lot in the spiritual home of football that is Thailand, either.

He also seems as bent as a @#/? Slinky. I imagine he'd have no qualms about toeing whatever line was set out in front of him. He'd be on a @#/? fortune, too.

Would far prefer Bowyer to him.

love this website everyone moans when we are linked with a coach macdonald,mckinley then when we are linked with one of the most experienced managers in the game everyone moans at that haha!we dont deserve a decent manager agree some are better then others but why cant we at least give the new man a chance?whoever it may be?

for the record we could do a lot lot worse then a title winning manager like sven

love this website everyone moans when we are linked with a coach macdonald,mckinley then when we are linked with one of the most experienced managers in the game everyone moans at that haha!we dont deserve a decent manager agree some are better then others but why cant we at least give the new man a chance?whoever it may be?

for the record we could do a lot lot worse then a title winning manager like sven

+100

• Backroom

I'd be happy enough with Sven considering the options we have been linked with

Edit - happy is a strong word and let's see what Bowyer can do first but he isn't the worst manager we have been linked with

im not a season ticket holder and never have been and i say fair play to ya, i love the balls of that post.

Archived