BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 2 - With Poll

Next Rovers Manager  

547 members have voted

1. 1. Which, if any of the following would be acceptable as the new manager to you?

• Sven Goran Erikkson
    • Mark Bowen
    • Peter Taylor
    • Billy Davies
    • Gary Bowyer
    • Judan Ali/Kevin MacDonald Combi
    • Shebby Singh
    • Phil Brown
    • None of the above

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel a tad sorry for Glen , Shebby obviously feeds him info , which out of duty he gives to us and i have welcomed and appreciated it it , unfortunately its all been bullshit recently , and now he looks just as bad as the clowns running us

To an extent but what worried me was him being seemingly happy with Taylor just because it was Shebby's pick.

I say this because if it was Agnew who wanted him, I suspect Glen would have said he wasn't a good enough option.

Good luck to Gary Bowyer , he has done much better than I thought ...

I don't buy into the theory the players are good enough to mount a promotion challenge , so that is more power to Mr Bowyers elbow ...But he has done Venkys ,Shebby etc a huge favour ...

Let us all not kid ourselves , we will be selling again this window , luckily though we only have Rhodes who is sell worthy...

Anyone else wanting to leave please just speak up and bugger off !

Just look at the standard of applicant for the job (or should I say favourites) it says a lot !

Venkys , have no intention of wanting the best for their investment , why ? I ahve no idea , but I suspect quite a lot of people are making a nice living on the back of Blackburn Rovers ...

If Venkys were serious , Kean and Berg would never have been appointed ,Agnew would still be programme editor , Shaw would be cutting his lawn ,Singh would be on ESPN ...Would these people be employed in their roles at any other club ? Highly unlikely .

It is a charade unfortunatley and the fans are the losers big style !

I would take conference football tomorrow , if Venkys and their entourage left the club !

I feel a tad sorry for Glen , Shebby obviously feeds him info , which out of duty he gives to us and i have welcomed and appreciated it it , unfortunately its all been bullshit recently , and now he looks just as bad as the clowns running us

When you dance with the devil, you wait for the music to stop.

i'm really not liking the last few weeks. (and its not just because of the manager situation).

I'm sensing a shift in commitment towards the long term future of the club! (The 6 month manager contract and then lack of any manager/lack of investment etc...)

I think all these power struggles at various levels have finally taken their toll....i've given up discussing potential managers i don't think it is where the club owners are focused now!!

I voted for SGE and Billy Davies due to them having experience in the Championship and are the best we can probably get sadly.

I also vote for Bowyer and Bowen as I wouldnt be surprise if we appoint a coach as head coach and have a Director of Football.

Bowyer and co winning the last 2 games has given Shebby and Shaw/Agnew time to decide on who and to sort out their diiferences hopefully.

Been saying Davies since Kean left. The guy has an average win rate of 43.5% in this division, spanning nearly 300 games at 3 different clubs. We literally can't go wrong, unless stuff like hype or popularity contests still matter. In which case nothing whatsoever has been learnt from the folly of sacking Allarydce.

Having said that, I'm not too concerned that Singh seems to have made the decision to leave Bowyer in charge for the rest of January. He's done a very good job so far, as did Black, and I think with the quality of our squad all you need is a half-decent temporary manager to keep things ticking over. And who knows, if his record this month turns out to be truly superb, maybe he deserves a crack himself.

As regards there being no money for transfers, didn't they promise £5m/transfer window, for three years?

Yep, they pledged at least £5m plus profit from sales would be put back into the market. They broke their promise in the first window, but people were still smiling back then.

Feel terrible for all the English Rovers fans out there. There was initially a ton of excitement that Indians would be owning a top flight club with the history of Blackburn. Youth in India were excited at the possibility of leveraging the clubs history and expertise in accelerating what would one day an Indian play in the top flight.

What has happened is quite the opposite. As an Indian, I'm embarrassed that these guys are giving all Indians such a bad name with their utter stupidity and clueless decision making. I can assure there are Indian children out there with more brains than these guys combined and feel terribly for the club and its supporters.

The only thing I can say, if at all a silver lining, is that it seems that Venky's actually want the club to do well and have it be successful. The problem is they don't know what the hell they are doing and are being advised very very poorly by those around them.

I'm not really sure how this can change...my suggestion is this:

Have the BRFC leadership go to someone they truly respect with football knowledge and love for the club. (Maybe John Williams, even though he was treated like crap and let go and is now elsewhere.) Surely, he still loves the club and fans. I would have BRFC leadership go to him, and facilitate a one on one with Venky's and sit down and give them some real, free advice.

What Venky's need right now is skilled, objective advice. Clearly they don't have that now, and have no idea where to even get it from.

As much as I understand fans screaming Venky's out, I think we have to accept reality that at least for the forseeable future they are not selling and going anywhere, so as fans we need to find a way to fix this. I hope we can fix this because it is heartbreaking to see a proud club such as this be in the state that it currently is with no hope in sight...

He'd fit right in with the current circus wouldn't he. Bet Shebbys gutted

Feel terrible for all the English Rovers fans out there. There was initially a ton of excitement that Indians would be owning a top flight club with the history of Blackburn. Youth in India were excited at the possibility of leveraging the clubs history and expertise in accelerating what would one day an Indian play in the top flight.

What has happened is quite the opposite. As an Indian, I'm embarrassed that these guys are giving all Indians such a bad name with their utter stupidity and clueless decision making. I can assure there are Indian children out there with more brains than these guys combined and feel terribly for the club and its supporters.

The only thing I can say, if at all a silver lining, is that it seems that Venky's actually want the club to do well and have it be successful. The problem is they don't know what the hell they are doing and are being advised very very poorly by those around them.

Have the BRFC leadership go to someone they truly respect with football knowledge and love for the club. (Maybe John Williams, even though he was treated like crap and let go and is now elsewhere.) Surely, he still loves the club and fans. I would have BRFC leadership go to him, and facilitate a one on one with Venky's and sit down and give them some real, free advice.

What Venky's need right now is skilled, objective advice. Clearly they don't have that now, and have no idea where to even get it from.

As much as I understand fans screaming Venky's out, I think we have to accept reality that at least for the forseeable future they are not selling and going anywhere, so as fans we need to find a way to fix this. I hope we can fix this because it is heartbreaking to see a proud club such as this be in the state that it currently is with no hope in sight...

A very good post

They could always try speaking to Rob Coar who was (and still is, apparently) on the Board for years and years. How's about Keith Lee? Ex Board member. Both of which attended last week's AGM when neother of the "senior" figures of the club could be bothered to attend. Someone like Tony Parkes perhaps? Maybe Gordon Taylor of the PFA? What about speaking to other club owners and Chairmen? They would help believe it or not. That's just off the top of my head. People are there if they want to make the effort, it really wouldn't be too hard.

Instead they have appointed a shelf salesman, one of the worst PR men in football and a Malaysian TV pundit (who thinks Steven Gerrard's best position is right back) as Directors / Global Advisor (ha ha ha) and given them ultimate say in the running of the club. I reckon you could appoint three burnley fans to do a better job, they wouldn't be able to keep a straight face, put it that way.

Fact of the matter is that they just can't be bothered to try - or its corrupt. They're a complete and utter disgrace.

Hi i'm also a rovers fan for 15 years NRI, living in singapore ....same proud feeling when they took over ...thought by now they would have some bollywood artiste wearing our jersey in a movie ...now thats a publicity stunt ...

i just can't believe this is happening due to ill-advice ..even if i can understand the football decisions .the economic and organizational structure decisions are also just crazy ....its not of buisness ppl of india ...thats what makes me more crazy abt it ...anyways lets see ...only god can help us now ...

They could always try speaking to Rob Coar who was (and still is, apparently) on the Board for years and years. How's about Keith Lee? Ex Board member. Both of which attended last week's AGM when neother of the "senior" figures of the club could be bothered to attend. Someone like Tony Parkes perhaps? Maybe Gordon Taylor of the PFA? What about speaking to other club owners and Chairmen? They would help believe it or not. That's just off the top of my head. People are there if they want to make the effort, it really wouldn't be too hard.

Instead they have appointed a shelf salesman, one of the worst PR men in football and a Malaysian TV pundit (who thinks Steven Gerrard's best position is right back) as Directors / Global Advisor (ha ha ha) and given them ultimate say in the running of the club. I reckon you could appoint three burnley fans to do a better job, they wouldn't be able to keep a straight face, put it that way.

Fact of the matter is that they just can't be bothered to try - or its corrupt. They're a complete and utter disgrace.

Bob, there are definitely a lot of good people they could talk to, my point is that the owners have no idea who these people are, and the people around them are making sure that those with actual sense aren't getting anywhere close to the owners.

My suggestion is that people with clout at BRFC (Glen Mullan?) approach and put together 1 or 2 experts (e.g., John Williams and another) and set up a 1 on 1 with the owners, where they sit down and give these guys real advice.

For example, the first thing you need to do is appoint a great chairman and here are some contenders. The next thing you need to do is appoint a manager and here are some realistic, sensible options. The meeting wouldn't need to be more than a couple hours but Venky's would get more good advice in those 2 hours than they have in months from the current leadership.

The key though is for these 1 or 2 people to be real experts and really love the club and this needs to obviously be driven by someone at BRFC who has real clout and can bypass Shebby/Agnew etc and directly set up a 1 on 1 with the owners.

Its easy to tell Venky's to get out, and even try to screw the club by not attending matches. But in the long term that will only damage club further. Like it or not Venky's are not going anywhere in the near term and as fans we need to think of real solutions that can right the ship and don't involve ditching the club or screaming, even though I can definitely agree wholeheartedly with the anger and frustration involved.

Archived