BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 2 - With Poll

Next Rovers Manager  

547 members have voted

1. 1. Which, if any of the following would be acceptable as the new manager to you?

• Sven Goran Erikkson
    • Mark Bowen
    • Peter Taylor
    • Billy Davies
    • Gary Bowyer
    • Judan Ali/Kevin MacDonald Combi
    • Shebby Singh
    • Phil Brown
    • None of the above

I voted for SGE and Billy Davies due to them having experience in the Championship and are the best we can probably get sadly.

I also vote for Bowyer and Bowen as I wouldnt be surprise if we appoint a coach as head coach and have a Director of Football.

Bowyer and co winning the last 2 games has given Shebby and Shaw/Agnew time to decide on who and to sort out their diiferences hopefully.

I admire optimism ;-).

The only way I can see it being sorted out is if either Shaw or Singh leave.

I want Davies but the only way I can see him coming is if Singh leaves.

On with the infighting.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bob, there are definitely a lot of good people they could talk to, my point is that the owners have no idea who these people are, and the people around them are making sure that those with actual sense aren't getting anywhere close to the owners.

My suggestion is that people with clout at BRFC (Glen Mullan?) approach and put together 1 or 2 experts (e.g., John Williams and another) and set up a 1 on 1 with the owners, where they sit down and give these guys real advice.

For example, the first thing you need to do is appoint a great chairman and here are some contenders. The next thing you need to do is appoint a manager and here are some realistic, sensible options. The meeting wouldn't need to be more than a couple hours but Venky's would get more good advice in those 2 hours than they have in months from the current leadership.

The key though is for these 1 or 2 people to be real experts and really love the club and this needs to obviously be driven by someone at BRFC who has real clout and can bypass Shebby/Agnew etc and directly set up a 1 on 1 with the owners.

Its easy to tell Venky's to get out, and even try to screw the club by not attending matches. But in the long term that will only damage club further. Like it or not Venky's are not going anywhere in the near term and as fans we need to think of real solutions that can right the ship and don't involve ditching the club or screaming, even though I can definitely agree wholeheartedly with the anger and frustration involved.

We're in the wrong thread here mate, so this may well be moved. If they don't know who attended and ran the clubs AGM representing them, yet care about the club, I suggest then that they get on a plane and start talking to the people who actually work there! I mean Rob Coar is still on the Board ffs. its not rocket science! Just a thought.

Peter Taylor has proven that he is a decent coach not a decent manager.

SGE is flakey, weak and clueless tactically as far as I am concerned.

Mark Bowen could be another Peter Taylor? Alternatively he could be another Mark Hughes. Who knows and can we afford the gamble?

O'Driscoll has to be up there innthe top 3 in the options but somehow he isn't in this list.

Davies has proved that he has the skill and the steel to be a manager in this div. What went on and why he 'lost' the team once they were in the Prem I don't know. Maybe someone has and informed opinion?

Bowyer deserves a week or two more based on his two weeks in charge. He can manage the squad but whether he has the wherewithall to manage a club I don't know enough about him to comment.

The rest can swivel.

We're in the wrong thread here mate, so this may well be moved. If they don't know who attended and ran the clubs AGM representing them, yet care about the club, I suggest then that they get on a plane and start talking to the people who actually work there! I mean Rob Coar is still on the Board ffs. its not rocket science! Just a thought.

Yep, feel free to move, sorrry! On your comment, unfortunately, to these guys it is rocket science. What we need is an independent effort to get these owners better advice than what they've been getting. Only way things will get better in my view, unless we just hope to get lucky!

Feel terrible for all the English Rovers fans out there. There was initially a ton of excitement that Indians would be owning a top flight club with the history of Blackburn. Youth in India were excited at the possibility of leveraging the clubs history and expertise in accelerating what would one day an Indian play in the top flight.

What has happened is quite the opposite. As an Indian, I'm embarrassed that these guys are giving all Indians such a bad name with their utter stupidity and clueless decision making. I can assure there are Indian children out there with more brains than these guys combined and feel terribly for the club and its supporters.

The only thing I can say, if at all a silver lining, is that it seems that Venky's actually want the club to do well and have it be successful. The problem is they don't know what the hell they are doing and are being advised very very poorly by those around them.

I'm not really sure how this can change...my suggestion is this:

Have the BRFC leadership go to someone they truly respect with football knowledge and love for the club. (Maybe John Williams, even though he was treated like crap and let go and is now elsewhere.) Surely, he still loves the club and fans. I would have BRFC leadership go to him, and facilitate a one on one with Venky's and sit down and give them some real, free advice.

What Venky's need right now is skilled, objective advice. Clearly they don't have that now, and have no idea where to even get it from.

As much as I understand fans screaming Venky's out, I think we have to accept reality that at least for the forseeable future they are not selling and going anywhere, so as fans we need to find a way to fix this. I hope we can fix this because it is heartbreaking to see a proud club such as this be in the state that it currently is with no hope in sight...

Wont happen as Balaji wants to influence on team selection and never that J.Willliams would accept that.

i imagine that Gary Bowyer will be in charge until the boardroom issue is sort. whether its Shaw'Agnew leave or Shebby.

And what evidence do we have that the Raos and the Desais are looking to 'sort' the war in our boardroom?

It may be coincidence or it may be the way the universe works, but the crippling paralysis of the Shaw/Singh/Agnew feud merely mirrors the crippling paralysis of the Balaji/Mrs D sibling rivalry. Why would they 'sort' it? It is perfectly normal to them.

If infighting and power struggles (and the inevitable resulting indecisiveness) is indeed spreading down from the owners, is it only a matter of time till it hits the team? Come to think of it - it hit the fan base ages ago.

Awful set of applicants plus no one half decent would come to us - nor do we have any available money seemingly to do much - therefore even though the indecision/incompetence is painful, as usual, lets see if Boywer can keep us his good work so far....

Bob, there are definitely a lot of good people they could talk to, my point is that the owners have no idea who these people are, and the people around them are making sure that those with actual sense aren't getting anywhere close to the owners.

My suggestion is that people with clout at BRFC (Glen Mullan?) approach and put together 1 or 2 experts (e.g., John Williams and another) and set up a 1 on 1 with the owners, where they sit down and give these guys real advice.

For example, the first thing you need to do is appoint a great chairman and here are some contenders. The next thing you need to do is appoint a manager and here are some realistic, sensible options. The meeting wouldn't need to be more than a couple hours but Venky's would get more good advice in those 2 hours than they have in months from the current leadership.

The key though is for these 1 or 2 people to be real experts and really love the club and this needs to obviously be driven by someone at BRFC who has real clout and can bypass Shebby/Agnew etc and directly set up a 1 on 1 with the owners.

Its easy to tell Venky's to get out, and even try to screw the club by not attending matches. But in the long term that will only damage club further. Like it or not Venky's are not going anywhere in the near term and as fans we need to think of real solutions that can right the ship and don't involve ditching the club or screaming, even though I can definitely agree wholeheartedly with the anger and frustration involved.

Advice? From what we are told, Desai views advice as dissent, so no chance!!

+ 1

Good idea's here. Its simple / logical / common sense.

I keep hearing though about the Indian culture not finding it easy to admit mistakes.

I just hope someone can somehow make a difference.

Yep, feel free to move, sorrry! On your comment, unfortunately, to these guys it is rocket science. What we need is an independent effort to get these owners better advice than what they've been getting. Only way things will get better in my view, unless we just hope to get lucky!

We had the best sources of advice available in the Premier League. They sacked them all!!

Earlier on in this fiasco Ian Battersby and Ian Currie flew to Pune and met the dysfunctional family. I'm pretty sure that they would have offered the advice which you mention. Guess what? They were completely ignored.

Now either the Raos received conflicting advice from someone else who cannot be named ;-) or the Raos are extremely ignorant people. Or it is a combination of the two .

At every turn this family has turned to incompetent chancers when the alternative was to listen to classier people with the best interests of Blackburn Rovers at heart.

Awful set of applicants plus no one half decent would come to us - nor do we have any available money seemingly to do much - therefore even though the indecision/incompetence is painful, as usual, lets see if Boywer can keep us his good work so far....

All of this is true and yet they still think promotion will be achieved with the right man in the job for a mere few months and with the team we have now.

I have voted for

1. Davis.

2. Sven.

3. Brown

for me this just goes to show how far we have fallen to be linked with these candidates.

Mods I am surprised to see Manzamo the spanish coach not on that list as he has sent in his cv wanting the job not that I am advocating they should give it to him.

I think another major point that needs highlighting I think Shebby has lost the plot blaming us fans in part for this mess with the statement not subjecting Bowyer to us wild bunch.

From what I have seen he has handled himself very well and the major thing is he is getting results so surely as he is doing well thus far it would be madness to rock the boat at this time as the ultimate goal of reaching the EPL should not be joepardised.

Also did not Bowyer state he did not want the job long term so there was no need for Shebby to come out with that rant about the fans.

For me the last couple of times he seems to be speaking in such an angry way can only suggest he is under immense pressure as it should be because he really should have gone with an experienced manager from the start.

Also there is a strange sense of dejavu when he came out with on radio the fans cannot agree on which manager pretty much like the time when Vineeth Rao was asking fans on facebook who we should buy I only hope this is not venkys cock eyed way of saying Vineeth is about to make a comeback.That interview & whats gone on before is uneerily similar.

Rightly so as said before the fans should never be choosing the manager or players to buy that should be down to the owners and manager to pick who he wants.

For me after the last interview on Radio Lancs Shebby needs to go he is doing more harm than good.

Of list let's stick with Bowyer. 6 month contract ok. A year ok too. It is very hard for a long term prem club to be relegated. Look at Bolton with a manager with Freedman's rep. We are highest in table of the three relegated sides. We will lose Robbo and Givet. Two big salaries off the books. We can bring in cheaper, hungrier replacements. Even under the Trust we were always going to eventually get relegated. Except for top 6 or 7, just about everyone else gets relegated for a while after say a decade in the Prem. the problem is that the Venkys may have done more permanent damage to us. I'm not sure though. Because our squad on paper is still one of the best in the Championship.

Archived