BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FF Thread

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to think we were pretty instrumental in getting the Darwen End switched to unallocated seating (I know that started life as a BRISA idea, but it was people on the FF that pushed for it year after year).

I know some on the FF disagree with my view, but I've always felt the FF was a two way focus group, making sure the club know what the fans are thinking on issues important to the fans (be it Steve Kean or the temperature of the pies) and giving the club feedback on what the fans are likely to think of certain proposals. I've never seen it's purpose to fight for any one cause (it's intentionally a very wide and varied demographic, it's rare we ever ALL agree on anything, but that's a GOOD thing as it allows all points to be put across and every side to be considered. Hell quite a number of people on there regular play devils advocate and raise issues on behalf of others that they personally don't agree with (I had a disagreement with Den on here over the pricing of the JW upper central, but I happily argued his point at the FF as it was only fair his view was represented, even if I didn't agree with it).

Yes, over the years, when things were going well at the club, we did joke a lot about it being all leaky roofs and hot pies, because back then there weren't the big issues there are now and we did spent an inordinate amount of time covering mundane stuff, but stuff that mattered to somebody, somewhere (or it wouldn't have been brought up).

With a lot of the ideas that have been talked through over the years, it's impossible to know which ones we've seriously influenced. We could give the club zero credit and imply that without the FF you'd have £600 season tickets, people thrown out for standing, the BBE boxes populated mainly by sneering away fans, rent-a-heavy stewarding, no bottle bars, no showing of the early kick-off on the concourses, first come first served on hard to come by tickets (remember those) and Sports Soccer running the club shop like a Rovers endorsed jumble sale. But the truth is, the club may well have come to a lot of those decisions on it's own anyway, in fact I'd like to think it would (just because the upper echelons are in turmoil, the troops on the ground are still the same people who have been trying to do right by the fans for years).

... and sure, things on there have changed a lot since Venky's took over, not least because we were no longer able to influence the people at the top, but that doesn't mean we should stop influencing the bits the CAN sill be decided from Blackburn. Savio's "full match video" online is a perfect example, compared to the monumental problems the club faces it's insignificant, but if a couple of brief conversations resolves it and it benefits a number of fans, it was worth doing.

Just because you can't solve world hunger, doesn't mean you shouldn't but a homeless guy a coffee.

The FF all seem like a friendly harmless bunch that do nothing and nobody any arm, Yet they do occasionally have a hand in influencing and bringing about positive changes at ground level, so it's pretty mean and petty to criticise them.

(though, the pies are still way too hot :angry::D )

Thanks for that Glen. It seems the FF do a good job with little credit as they go under the radar in these darker days.

I have one small issue myself

I've not been much this year but the father in law used to, and still does, moan a lot about the lighting at the back of the Riverside, particularly on the exit steps. I've got 20:20 vision and I still find it hard to see when going down the steps at night. I'd be surprised if nobody has had an accident on there as coupled with the dark the light pollution from elsewhere (like the floodlights) makes it very difficult to see where you are putting your feet.

If one FF member could be so kind as to bring this issue up and ask for some floodlighting to be installed over the steps. It will also aid a swift and event free exit in an emergency. Thanks

I work nights pal .

You know Abbey it would be a good idea to stop calling everyone who makes the effort to attempt change.

Your approach to Rovers problems, "Venkys etc. are scum" "I'd rather sleep with the devil etc" will never achieve any positive outcome.

If you can do better, do it.

Take your snobbery away a minute , do you think venkys are scum ? Yes or no and why?

I say they are because of what they have done to our club and the disdain they treat fans with . So yes I think they are scum.

Also why quote my working nights bit ?

Unfair to judge the FF adversely in the current circumstances where we have owners who simply do not listen nor do they appear to care how much they offend us.

There will be better times one day for all of us, including the FF!

He gnarled me this morning with his holier than thou attitude . I feel strongly that venkys ARE scum for what they have/are doing . I would call them to their face too , as I did when they came twice. I also wouldn't be two faced either when it comes to Agnew , I say things as I see it and don't care who people are or who they think they are .

Just as a matter of interest are you a member of the FF Paul.?

Also on a sidenote , this better than you attitude by Paul is one reason I won't put anything towards the trust Add that to his deletion of a question I asked that he decided was not for you the readers to read .

Take your snobbery away a minute , do you think venkys are scum ? Yes or no and why?

I say they are because of what they have done to our club and the disdain they treat fans with . So yes I think they are scum.

Also why quote my working nights bit ?

same question Paul.

Unfair to judge the FF adversely in the current circumstances where we have owners who simply do not listen nor do they appear to care how much they offend us.

There will be better times one day for all of us, including the FF!

Think what Abbey is getting at is that the opportunity was there to really hit home the grievance and anger (especially at PA) yet the chance was spurned (chickened out) -he should have been made to feel really uncomfortable to the point most want him out of the club

Always difficult to argue when you are not here in person , however to me Abbey has perfect reason especially given what is stated as his responses in the minutes # 2 & 5.

The FF to me has never been what I feel that most fans think it is (possibly why the opportunity mentioned above was 'missed') and not sure that I agree with Glen on the 2 way focus aspect, however knowing Glen and for the fact he does attend I am happy to accept his viewpoint on the whole aspect.

Think what Abbey is getting at is that the opportunity was there to really hit home the grievance and anger (especially at PA) yet the chance was spurned (chickened out) -he should have been made to feel really uncomfortable to the point most want him out of the club

Exactly pal.

Funny that certain people are criticising the ff (for being slightly associated with Agnew) yet the same people consistently bash me and anybody else that criticises brag(because of their Shabby association), tut tut :wacko:

As FF(and yes brag also) members always say 'your welcome to join them' if you feel you have something to contribute.

Always difficult to argue when you are not here in person , however to me Abbey has perfect reason especially given what is stated as his responses in the minutes # 2 & 5.

The FF to me has never been what I feel that most fans think it is (possibly why the opportunity mentioned above was 'missed') and not sure that I agree with Glen on the 2 way focus aspect, however knowing Glen and for the fact he does attend I am happy to accept his viewpoint on the whole aspect.

I wasn't criticising Abbey's post at all, just making the point that with the Club completely dysfunctional, NO fan's organisation is going to have much luck dealing with them.

i knew you wernt . Like I said and capt said a missed oppurtunity. I have been accused of being a tough guy,aggresive,daft and a pedo (TJ). I dont hold any hairs or graces and i always always speak as I see it. I dont care who anyone is or what title they hold ,we all use the white throne. Do I care who I upset ? no i dont Has it got me in trouble ? many times ,Will i change and try and be who I'm not? will I balls like.In the words of Dee Snider I AM AND IM ME.

Point 8 in the May 7th minutes.

8. Policing Issues at Burnley and Bolton Games
GC stated that the clubs have had a de-brief after the Burnley game
and it is possible that the end of the Riverside nearest the Darwen End
will be sectioned off to prevent a repeat of what happened this season.
There were a number of fans who had bought tickets across the
Riverside and then stood at the front of the stand - many of them fans
who had not been seen at Ewood in recent times

Can it be pointed out that instead of targeting home fans, that the club are in dire need of, they should be looking at sectioning off the AWAY END nearest the Riverside stadium?. Say fence of the first vertical block up to the first row of access steps. This way home fans can still access the facilities at that end of the ground and the club don't actively look to alienate even more fans than they already have? Especially this season when attendances are forecast to be even more diabolical

i knew you wernt . Like I said and capt said a missed oppurtunity. I have been accused of being a tough guy,aggresive,daft and a pedo (TJ). I dont hold any hairs or graces and i always always speak as I see it. I dont care who anyone is or what title they hold ,we all use the white throne. Do I care who I upset ? no i dont Has it got me in trouble ? many times ,Will i change and try and be who I'm not? will I balls like.In the words of Dee Snider I AM AND IM ME.

hahahahaha

I've never seriously accused abbey of being a 'pedo' hahahahahahahaha

my god,

What a divisive simpleton loudmouth.....,

I think I best take another time out from this site, its just to absurd(even for me),

chow...

hahahahaha

I've never seriously accused abbey of being a 'pedo' hahahahahahahaha

my god,

What a divisive simpleton loudmouth.....,

I think I best take another time out from this site, its just to absurd(even for me),

chow...

If only we could be confident you meant it!

Archived