BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FF Thread

The words are obviously not stern enough

Total boycott and end all discussion. Nothing else has or will work. That probably wont work either But to parely with these idiots is folly. Deep down I am resigned to no happy ending.

The board are the enemy too imo

Agree on all points but nothing anybody has done to date of a similar nature has mattered one jot.

Hell we're all at the end of our tether but surely we can't just give up?

There is light with regards to 2 Ians and The Trust as a viable option for the future as long as 'the wall' can be breached. Have a read of Glenn Pagden's post which I find an absolute breath of fresh air.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing most people forget is there are still a lot of good people at rovers trying to do the right thing and whilst they are there, I think it's only right we try and support them. Sadly these people often don't have the ability to change the really big stuff, but that doesn't mean the stuff they can improve should be forgotten about.

There are also those that may or may not be able to influence the big stuff, frankly I suspect they'd like nothing more than for us to walk away (and we have discussed it and I've come pretty close to just walking myself on two occasions) but as Andy says, it's no ego stroke or avoidance of tough subjects and if we don't ask them, will they get asked at all?. Sadly unlike the JW/TF days, 'I don't know' is now a viable and believable answer to a lot of the tougher questions.

What will be the policy for the price of tickets for next season and when will they be announced?

That's one of the things that will be on next week's agenda, as i know the club want to hear our views. Nothing is decided yet.

That's one of the things that will be on next week's agenda, as i know the club want to hear our views. Nothing is decided yet.

That's good news. will they be collective views or individual; I am not beiing funny on this but it would be helpful to have a common voice on such an issue but do recognise achieving this will be difficult.

What about the cost of official car parking? I used to park in the BBE Car Park but this just got too expensive. Given the lack of ST holders maybe a cost effective match-by-match option may be made available to encourage a regular income stream?

That's good news. will they be collective views or individual; I am not beiing funny on this but it would be helpful to have a common voice on such an issue but do recognise achieving this will be difficult.

What about the cost of official car parking? I used to park in the BBE Car Park but this just got too expensive. Given the lack of ST holders maybe a cost effective match-by-match option may be made available to encourage a regular income stream?

The views expressed on season tickets (and anything else come to it) will be as broad as we can make them, but we would welcome any thoughts anyone has here to help the debate. Last night at the pre-meet we had a good chat about STs. To summarise in one sentence I would say our collective view is that within reason price will not be a significant factor in sales, in that those who want to will get one and cutting the price is unlikely to persuade most fans who have decided not to buy, unless there are significant changes at the club. That's my gut feeling on whe fans are now.

I can only speak for myself but I will renew IF their is on ownership change and possibly a half season ticket if their is a regime change at the club and I see significant changes and movement forwards up to Xmas.

I reckon any price increase WILL put current ST holders off renewing

There will be a significant drop off of ST sales irrespective of division whilst our current owners remain, price will also be irrelevant. Attendances will nose dive. My questions, what are Venkys getting out of destroying our club? When are they selling up......oh answer to both, don't know. Sad of Clitheroe.

The views expressed on season tickets (and anything else come to it) will be as broad as we can make them, but we would welcome any thoughts anyone has here to help the debate. Last night at the pre-meet we had a good chat about STs. To summarise in one sentence I would say our collective view is that within reason price will not be a significant factor in sales, in that those who want to will get one and cutting the price is unlikely to persuade most fans who have decided not to buy, unless there are significant changes at the club. That's my gut feeling on whe fans are now.

Completely support your analysis. Price was never a factor with me and many of the people who I know who previously had ST's and also the many diehards I am aware of who have them this season but will not next season regardless of the division we are in. Sad times.

For the first time in 30 years I am questioning whether to renew or not. I swore the Raos would never drive us from Ewood but they nearly have. As John says price, within reason, is not the issue though any attempt to increase prices for the 3rd division would reinforce my view of the Rao family

• 4 weeks later...

I have been advised by Roversmum to put this in here as I believe her husband is a member of the fans forum:

I understand reading the fans forum mins that an Indian tv channel is being used to broadcast rovers games in the league and cup along with rare interviews with players and staff. What I would like to know is what is being done to offer the same deal for UK customers on the FL show we are lucky to get 1 minute of coverage & we usually only get 15mins of edited down highlights of each game. I think it is unfair to offer Indian customers the full games while UK customers have to make do with limited coverage as a Rovers Player subscriber I would certainly welcome the same being made available to UK customers and given the season the club has had I think more needs to be done to keep our UK customers happy.

Savio,London

could someone please bring this up at the next fans forum thanks.

• Backroom

I can't see any uk channel being willing to air comprehensive footage of rovers games let alone be willing to pay for the rights to it

Not going to happen, ever I would say.

Tom they did say on the last FF though that it would be possible in theory to upload full Rovers games onto Rovers player but there were issues uploading 15mins so what is being done to fix these issues? as the coverage rovers get on normal tv & rovers player is just not good enough & with better coverage of rovers games even on rovers player they are more likely to get more subscribers. I also think it is unfair to offer one set of fans one thing and potentially ignore fans in the UK by not offering the same deal & the owners should be at least looking to provide the same for everyone after all they did have the beam back to Blues Bar of the dingles 1st away game so working something out for rovers player subscribers should be possible.

Whilst there is no chance that there can be extra Rovers coverage on a standard UK TV channel, it is possible that further coverage including showing full Rovers games is possible through Rovers Player but at the last meeting the club said that there netwrok issues which meant that even getting 15 minutes was tricky. I will ask for an update at tomorrow night's meeting, which is the one postponed from earlier in April.

Could the FF ask for clarification on the clubs financial situation, have parachute payments been brought forward in order to pay Berg, and how does that leave us set for the future regarding other unsettled bills and running costs i.e. will this be levied on the club as debts, will we have to sell assets to trade evenly, or will Venkys ensure the club remains debt-free.

Fans have pride too.

The club has been ridiculed by a High Court Judge.

Ok Einsteins of the Rovers, how does the club intend to restore any semblence of dignity.? Credibility is a long term project but is it too much for us to ask not to be laughed at by every wise cracker in the game?

No point even discussing STs until you get a satisfactory answer to that one.

Meeting cancelled again?

Unfortunately yes it was. Paul Agnew fell ill yesterday afternoon, Derek Shaw was unavailable and Shebby Singh is out of the country. We are hoping to have a date pencilled in for next week.

Needless to say given recent events it was hardly ideal, however if somebody goes home from work due to illness, you cannot realistically expect them to attend an 'out of hours' meeting that evening - can you?

Unfortunately yes it was. Paul Agnew fell ill yesterday afternoon, Derek Shaw was unavailable and Shebby Singh is out of the country. We are hoping to have a date pencilled in for next week.

Needless to say given recent events it was hardly ideal, however if somebody goes home from work due to illness, you cannot realistically expect them to attend an 'out of hours' meeting that evening - can you?

How very convenient!

Nothing trivial I hope.

Archived