BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FF Thread

I thought those types of issues were out of the FF remit

No, on the field matters are such as "why did X play 4-4-2 on Saturday" aren't really what the forum is about about...this will be more of a general discussion around how the club goes through the process of managerial appointments.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, on the field matters are such as "why did X play 4-4-2 on Saturday" aren't really what the forum is about about...this will be more of a general discussion around how the club goes through the process of managerial appointments.

The options for searching questions at the moment is vast. Ask some difficult ones and don't be fobbed off.

I'll look forward to reading the minutes

Please could somebody on the Fans Forum ask a question of Derek Shaw at the meeting on Monday night as it is vital that this question is answered publicly, and please when he tries to skate around it by saying "the board are united behind him" or something similar, insist that you get a yes or no question directly.

It needs to be asked of Derek and minuted, whether he was the person who recommended Michael Appleton to the owners, we need clarity on this and we need it on the record, so please can it be asked of him whilst the opportunity is there in a minuted meeting?

Please could somebody on the Fans Forum ask a question of Derek Shaw at the meeting on Monday night as it is vital that this question is answered publicly, and please when he tries to skate around it by saying "the board are united behind him" or something similar, insist that you get a yes or no question directly.

It needs to be asked of Derek and minuted, whether he was the person who recommended Michael Appleton to the owners, we need clarity on this and we need it on the record, so please can it be asked of him whilst the opportunity is there in a minuted meeting?

Agenda item 3 Mark relates to the managerial appointment process, so I am sure it will come up in the conversation...

FR: please see New Football Demographic thread. Thanks.........

I've read the article PB and will make a note of it for the next FF meeting, which is scheduled for 25th February.

• 2 weeks later...

Blackburn Rovers Ladies - FAWSL (2) Application?

Applications to the FA are due towards the end of March 2013, to date we have had no indication or statement about whether they intend to apply this time around.

Rovers opted out applying for membership of FAWSL (1) three years ago, even though they are one of the best run women's clubs in the country.

Can the FF ask the Rovers board if they are going to apply for membership of the FA Women's Super League (2) that starts in 2014?

At the moment the fans are in the dark.

More information about FA Game Changer strategy can be found at the following link:http://www.thefa.com/News/2012/oct/~/media/46FF14A87C244E2E8AFF2AF66A064FA4.ashx

What does it say, for those of us without Facebook access?

"Further to the recent initiative by the Blackburn Rovers Action Group, the Fans Forum, who have been representing supporters' concerns to the club for the last 14 years, respects the right of every supporter to decide when and why they choose to attend or not to attend matches.

As a Fans Forum we would all like to see as many supporters attending matches on a regular basis supporting both the players and manager. Hopefully the recent progress seen under Gary Bowyer and Michael Appleton will help contribute to that outcome, starting with Bristol City on Saturday."

I raised this point in a previous FF thread, but it seems to have been ignored.

It was re: the paint work outside of the stadium. If I remember correctly, the whole stadium was re-painted a few years back, however the white paint seems to be turning green and makes our stadium look, somewhat, tacky. Are there any plans to re-paint this?

It may be a a very small point and the least of the worries right now at the club, but just something I thought I would put forward.

I raised this point in a previous FF thread, but it seems to have been ignored.

It was re: the paint work outside of the stadium. If I remember correctly, the whole stadium was re-painted a few years back, however the white paint seems to be turning green and makes our stadium look, somewhat, tacky. Are there any plans to re-paint this?

It may be a a very small point and the least of the worries right now at the club, but just something I thought I would put forward.

Thanks very much, and sorry if your point has been previously missed.

If anybody else has a point they'd like to put forward for the next Fans Forum meeting, you can either leave your points on this thread or post them on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/roversfansforum) or alternatively come along to our next agenda setting meeting, which is held at Ewood Park on Monday 18th February at 7.00pm - Please contact 'only2garners' to pop your name on the list.

:rover:

Here you go FF....

Can the viewpoint expressed by the FA 'Historian' be challenged successfully? Does the club have written proof of this? If so and the 'myth' verified can any clubs that are displaying their club crest on their corner flags be advised otherwise?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A33767030

We've raised this before. We spent some time trying to get a straight answer from the FA, starting with this in 2009: -

g) Emblems on Corner Flags

TF had raised the issue of other Premiership clubs displaying their club emblem on corner flags with the FA, who had confirmed that it was contrary to FA regulations. They had undertaken to discuss the matter with the Premier League.

We never did get a subsequent answer - whether the FA ever did ask the PL we don't know even. Since then it's rather been overtaken by other events.

Archived