BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FF Thread

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear, sounds like we are doing it on the cheap again. Our disabled fans need to taken seriously and have suitable facilities.

Look at the viewing platform at Hull for example, and the associated stewarding. What do we have in comparison....ground level viewing where all you can see are the players from their backsides upwards.

Buy them a mini bus you cheap skate Rovers. A week of Murphy's wages will buy you one and enough fuel to watch Rovers in Torquay, Exeter and Hartlepool.

Can I just add that, although I'm not a regular Facebook saddo, having the minutes linked on here to Facebook makes them a lot easier to access - especially on mobile.

Thanks!

No-one ask about replicating the photo's of Bryan Douglas onto the Darwen end stand?

Scoreboard takes up the space where the pics would go, unless they leave the name off.

Big pics could go on the roof support towers but that would cost £££ and that's not in with the owners plans

Scoreboard takes up the space where the pics would go, unless they leave the name off.

Big pics could go on the roof support towers but that would cost £££ and that's not in with the owners plans

Well it should be. If it's good enough for Ronnie, it's good enough for Bryan.

Can I just add that, although I'm not a regular Facebook saddo, having the minutes linked on here to Facebook makes them a lot easier to access - especially on mobile.

Thanks!

Would be nice if those of us who dont use facebook to be able to view them too.

Would be nice if those of us who dont use facebook to be able to view them too.

I don't use facebook but the minutes can be read using the link posted earlier (or do you mean you refuse to load up a facebook page?)

No good on mobile. Just re-directs to the mobile home page when you try to access the minutes section.

Hopefully you can continue to post both Facebook and official links? :tu:

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/fans-forum-minutes-25-02-13-688177.aspx

How does that work for you? Hopefully by the time the next meeting comes about, we'll have our own website up and running so we can link directly to that, which I'd like to point out is being set-up independently from the club in terms of content, time and cost.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/fans-forum-minutes-25-02-13-688177.aspx

How does that work for you? Hopefully by the time the next meeting comes about, we'll have our own website up and running so we can link directly to that, which I'd like to point out is being set-up independently from the club in terms of content, time and cost.

Thanks - that works. 3 clicks vs 1 click with the Facebook link though. :D

The expected response under....

5. £24m Share Capital Injection in Venkys London Ltd

"AN stated that there were rumours that the recent £24m share capital injection into Venkys London Ltd had been financed by the sale of future Premier League parachute payments. GC said that any injection of this nature was a decision taken at a much higher level in the organisation and was unable to comment further.

This is where the LT should be getting involved and seeking answers to this type of question.

If the rumour is true and all of the parachute money has gone into covering losses then we can expect player sales and ultimately administration.

There have been a lot of previous doomsday predictions which haven't yet come to pass. This one feels like it has the most potential to be true, given the maths involved.

Have we ANY evidence that Venkys have used ANY of their personal wealth to fund Rovers? They've not even sponsored us.

Greg was right though. Did we have any hint as to how or where the money came from under the JW Trust? All we knew was it was a shadowy groups of nameless individuals operating out of a tax haven, but were all happy with that as Jack had chosen them to represent his wishes, news of the origins of the money didn't filter down to the club/fans nor will it these days.

I'm not saying it's right and I'm certainly not saying I'm not concerned if VLL has secured it against parachute payments, I just saying it's to be expected that we'll never know. As scary as it is, we are OWNED by Venky's, they can do as they choose with the money are we're powerless to stop them.

Archived