BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FF Thread

Nope, always need to remember, they never knew what they were getting into at the outset as duped by a few individuals/agencies - therefore the finance could never have been properly been there originally. Who knows who is really involved in this sham.

This is the most important question and one everyone should be pushing for an answer to or perhaps we don't want to know......

But Glenn, this is entirely different, we have owners who don't know what they are doing and have little care, or understanding, for the football side of the club.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greg was right though.

GC simply avoided the question. Which is why I'm suggesting that the LT (or other investigative journalist) should be seeking answers to these questions. The very future of the club may be at stake. With the greatest of respect, GC and the club, can easily fob off the FF with an 'above my pay grade' remark.

Something that has been bothering me. I was under the impression that a loan could only be taken out secured against assets in India. Surely the parachute payments are therefore out if bounds?

Can someone explain how they could be used?

GC simply avoided the question. Which is why I'm suggesting that the LT (or other investigative journalist) should be seeking answers to these questions. The very future of the club may be at stake. With the greatest of respect, GC and the club, can easily fob off the FF with an 'above my pay grade' remark.

Whilst I see what you're saying, as finance is a lot more private in India than it is in the UK (having public accounts filed annual is great) then I imagine they'd see no more need to pass on the specifics of the loans (to the club, the LT or anyone else) than they would be specific of what colour pants Mrs D wears.

Again, I'm not saying it's right, but how it will be.

• Backroom

And the response will be: "Trust us, we're doing what's best for the club. The club is our baby. You're all our children."

Blah blah blah. Do we really expect a straight answer out of this lot? I fear speculation is as good as we're going to get in terms of the truth.

I guess we will find out in the summer, but given their financial mismanagement over the past 52 months nothing would surprise me, it's extremely difficult to second guess the Venky's, nigh on impossible

Can someone explain how they could be used?

The payments are made to BRFC which is owned by VLL giving VLL access to those funds.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/9970183.Mystery_over_Saints__loan__from_tax_haven_company/

http://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=14461.0;wap2

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article2488390.ece

The interesting point is that if a charge / loan has been taken out against UK assets, which the PP are, it has to be registered at companies house.

Surely any investigative journalist of any worth could get to the bottom of what colour pants she wears?

I'm pretty sure a certain a clueless drunk of an ex manager wouldn't be adversed to letting you know the answer to that question for a few quid + agents fee of x4 the initial price, of course . Might come out in another one of those unbiased Sky Sports News Fictional dramas

Venky's seemed to spend a lot of time in Switzerland previously and as certain Swiss institutions are well known for "dirty money" over the years , might not need to look at hidden companies operating off shore, they don't seem to visit there so much now since it appeared they become the sole owners off paper as well as on, but maybe that was just because they decided not to go ahead with the building of the vaccine plant there ;).

Anyway as this is the fans forum thread apologies for the above, but would like to know what company is doing the proofing, editing, publishing etc of the matchday programme now or since the beginning of the season as Shaw said in recent FF minutes that Rovers have not had a contract with PAPR for six months. Purely selfish question as I used to have them sent over by family but decided to stop once Agnew and PAPR became Kean's propaganda office, and now might start getting them if Agnew and his lot aren't involved.

Unfortunately can't find the answer on the PAPR website as it seems to have gone into hiding despite them extending their domain name registration for another two years.

• 2 weeks later...

No sure if this has been mentioned before but are their any plans to move Rovers Player away from flash so it can be used on an Ipad or Iphone ?

Or is there any chance it can be put onto an app or something ?

Good point - it might be something beyond the clubs control, ie. it might be a website provider issue, but certainly something I'll raise.

Thanks for raising this at the meeting. It looks like the club listened ....

If you are a Rovers Player subscriber, you can finally now use that account on the Football League app on your phone.

The update to the Football League app also means you can listen to audio commentary on your phone too!

• 3 weeks later...

Q. Who has the keys and switches out the lights at the end of this Season?

Q. Is there anyone in charge at the Club?

Time for the FF to take the gloves off,guys.

Can you ask what Paul Agnew does on a day to day basis please? as nobody actually knows?

• Moderation Lead

this evening we set the agenda for the latest Fans Forum meeting with the club next Monday, 8th April... if you have a point that you'd like to be considered for inclusion, please add it below.

Who's in charge and can they sort their f***ing sh1t out???

Is there any powder left in the puff?

call the meeting off and tell them fans can't be arsed any more-nobody gives a @#/? any more.That would actually get more headlines and get these goons panicking about season ticket renewals

I'm pretty sure some tough questions will be asked next week...this popular urban myth (amongst some) really does need addressing. If people think we sit round laughing and joking about our current plight, while massaging the ego of Agnew/Shaw/Singh* then I'm afraid they are sadly mistaken. Saying that, ranting, raving, banging fists on the table doesn't get you anywhere either - even if it does make you feel a bit better.

*delete as appropriate

The words are obviously not stern enough

Total boycott and end all discussion. Nothing else has or will work. That probably wont work either But to parely with these idiots is folly. Deep down I am resigned to no happy ending.

The board are the enemy too imo

Archived