BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he meant to say that many of us demanded that we get a manager with experience of getting teams promoted from the Championship, yet there are 4 candidates who have that experience but fans ruled them out because of one fault or another.

Well all managers will have their faults but if you were to take a poll at any football club who were looking to appoint a manager and asked the question Experience or Gamble on a Novice, the vast majority would take experience.

Appointing someone in any business should be about evaluating the risks of a person based on their previous experience. Otherwise it's guesswork and gambling.

I'm also a bit surprised at these people suggesting we've found our level and have punched above our weight. They are ignoring the simple fact that Venky's themselves have set a goal of getting back into the premier league and if they don't, the people who will suffer will be the club and its fans.

If we do end up with Appleton which is appearing increasingly unlikely at present, but if he does end up here I hope fans will give him and the players a chance.

My strong preference would be for the club to honour their promise to Bowyer and McPhilips.

My strong preference would be for the club to honour their promise to Bowyer and McPhilips.

Venkys have just told Andy Cryer that they will not make any appointment until the end of the month, thus honoring their promise to Bowyer and McPhilips. Apparently they're furious that Agnew and Shaw approached Appleton behind their backs and released the statement officially without approval. Or at the very least, not happy about it.

If we do end up with Appleton which is appearing increasingly unlikely at present, but if he does end up here I hope fans will give him and the players a chance.

Why do you say this ?

If a director of Rovers shook hands with him on it, a contract, albit verbal, already exists !

Venkys have just told Andy Cryer that they will not make any appointment until the end of the month, thus honoring their promise to Bowyer and McPhilips. Apparently they're furious that Agnew and Shaw approached Appleton behind their backs and released the statement officially without approval. Or at the very least, not happy about it.

Haha, we really are the joke of football...I used to think that Newcastle were bad.

How professional! anyone else in any other jobs would get the sack.

Just for the record Shaw did NOT appoint Moyes, Shaw was merely an associate of the club in a non exec role at that time, Shaw did however involve himself in the appointment of Alan Irvine and Paul Simpson.

HILARIOUS.

Apparently Shaw has gone rogue on this and tried to hire Appleton without getting Venkys to sign it off. Telling Blackpool and Appleton that it's all done. Comedy at it's very finest. This will be a movie one day.

HILARIOUS.

Apparently Shaw has gone rogue on this and tried to hire Appleton without getting Venkys to sign it off. Telling Blackpool and Appleton that it's all done. Comedy at it's very finest. This will be a movie one day.

Can they not just sack them all and put the PG Tips chimps in their place?

Apparently Blackpool are telling Cryer that they think it's a done deal and it is Venkys who are denying it.

Good, I hope Venkys deny it, and then sack Shaw and Agnew.

I think everyone is hoping they sack Shebby Singh along with the duo as well, but let's wait until he gets Sean O'Discroll or Gus Poyet before pulling the trigger.

Was highly-rated at WBA and apparently groomed to succeed Hodgson before he went to Pompey. Difficult to judge his time at Fratton Park with the ongoing farce there (at least he's prepared for Rovers). Hasn't exactly been great shakes at Blackpool but only lost twice in eleven games.

I'm really clutching here.

Great Coach, no doubt about that, he was of head our Academy for years and played nice stuff with them freeflowing style. Had one game in charge of us against West Ham. @#/? it up terribly, First half He set up like RDM/Newton we dominated and were 3 up by half time. Second half he made non-sensical subs and it all went hell we drew 3-3 but nearly lost 3-4. Since then did ok at pompey considering their crisis, Too soon to tell at Blackpool. Doesn't suffer fools gladly or at least didn't, Bit of weird choice but who knows eh?

Apparently Venky's are denying it? Where's this come from?

Andrew Cryer@CryerRovers

The noises from india are still no apppointment until end of month!!!!! This gets crazier. We will see

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm actually siding with Shebby on this, even though he is a moron...I actually think he may pick the better manager...the other two are just...if not more moronic than him...believe it or not.

Andrew Cryer@CryerRovers

The noises from india are still no apppointment until end of month!!!!! This gets crazier. We will see

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm actually siding with Shebby on this, even though he is a moron...I actually think he may pick the better manager...the other two are just...if not more moronic than him...believe it or not.

Considering that Shebby Singh was trying to go for Sven Erikkson, Sean O'Discroll, Gus Poyet, I must say most people will actually side with him on this.

Considering that Shebby Singh was trying to go for Sven Erikkson, Sean O'Discroll, Gus Poyet, I must say most people will actually side with him on this.

You could add McKinlay, Ali, MacDonald and other nomarks!

This is the man who, allegedly, persistently rejected Holloway when Holloway was desperate to join us.

IMO, a tool of the highest order.

Tom Ince clearly concerned about no longer working with such a talented manager...

"As players, we stick together. There's a great bunch of lads in there and all we're doing is looking forward to Saturday [when Blackpool play Charlton].

"Whoever's our manager is whoever's our manager. We can't worry about what's happening off the football pitch. We have to worry about working hard in training, going to Charlton and getting a win."

Archived