BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
could have been better but more likely would of been worse - Ali, Kevin McDonald, Sven, shebby!

It's more like a ticket to see travis. We really wanted to see the seahorses (Hughes) but I'd rather see travis than Ash (Steve Kean)

Space - Steve mclaren

Manics - Mark Bowen

Super Furry Animals - Poyet

Catatonia - Sven

Deacon Blue - Mickey Adams?

That's a very Welsh-britpop era list right there. My love of SFA makes me wish for a Poyet appointment.

That may be true of win ratios, but facts are quite relevant. And the fact is this is yet another gamble.

just like any other managerial appointment at any other club.

I've nothing else to say on the matter really, Shaw/Agnew have thrown down the gauntlet put up and find somebody better(without breaking the bank!) or clear off and the silence coming from Shebby is deafening.

So Appy times ahead hopefully.(sorry couldn't resist)

p.s. and the odds of us having three fugly bold managers in a row that are total failures must massively go in favour of him doing well :tu:

just like any other managerial appointment at any other club.

i've nothing else to say on the matter really, Shaw/Agnew have thrown down the gauntlet put up and find somebody better(without breaking the bank!) or clear off and the silence coming from Shebby is deafening.

Okay then, the fact is that this is another huge gamble that would be lessened had the appointment been based on experience.

Sorry I had to point that out if you weren't being pedantic.

Kazim may mean well but the bloke does come across as a total idiot that doesn't engage his brain before speaking

I enjoy his outspokenness, it's a breath of fresh air among the usual lines coming out of footballers' mouths. He's obviously not a fan of Berg and enjoys life under Bowyer so far, and probably doesn't want to change that if he feels Bowyer has confidence in him. I really rate CKR as a player, although his laziness can be really annoying at times.

Half full, half empty he's only won two, us and Posh. Draws won't get you anywhere.

well they wont get you relegated for a start!, which is what all the doom mongers(including myself at 1 time i think :blush: )have been predicting from the start of the season right up until the last 3 games.

Okay then, the fact is that this is another huge gamble that would be lessened had the appointment been based on experience.

Sorry I had to point that out if you weren't being pedantic.

Okay then :) !, any manager joining this club under this regime is a huge gamble(and i'm not deliberately trying to be pedantic!, just positive.)

the bloke got Pompey relegated and hasn't exactly set the world on fire at Blackpool either.....

Very harsh saying he 'got them relegated', it was a miracle they did as well as they did under him.

Archived