BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

The more I read on Twitter from Kaz the bigger idiot he seems.

Paddy Walsh @paddywalsh12

@colin_kazim08 Maybe my ignorance, but why should the players be informed? Changes in management in normal jobs aren't told to staff before?

Expand

23m

colin kazim-richards @colin_kazim08

@paddywalsh12 are normal jobs performances based?? Seriously some people dnt have a clue

Another idiotic comment from him the guy needs to shut his mouth and close his twitter account.

I agree 100%. I don't know why managers let their players use twitter. CKR is in a public position and needs to understand that he can't just mouth off any old way, and certainly should be discouraged from being abusive to people that may very well pay his wages. I like that CKR wants Bowyer to stay and he seems like a passionate individual but he lets himself down a lot as well. Reminds me a little of Diouf (well baby Diouf anyway lol)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pictures on Sky showing Appleton packing his bags at Bloomfield. Looks like a done deal.

Can't say too much of his abilities yet, he's unproven.

What you can question though is his integrity. Leaves Pompey, 9 weeks at Blackpool then jumps ship for more money.

It says everything about what football is nowadays. No loyalty from players or managers it seems.

He will not be able to question any player wanting to leave Rovers.

I think its a sorry state of affairs.

Also Tweeting ''Pls no'' about your potential new boss isn't exactly a clever idea. Strange how no other players in the squad seem to be this stupid. No wonder he's bounced around so many clubs with an attitude like he has.

As for Appleton I'm far from pleased he appears to be our new manager, I'd much rather have stuck with Bowyer but non of this is his fault yet he's getting a ton of stick. At least give him time to prove he's a failure or a success. Like Ewoodbhappy says his integrity seems to be appalling unless somethings gone on at Blackpool we don't know about.

Wonder how many managers we'll have been through by the start of next season.

Back on topic... On the Blackpool Gazette site their supporters seem pretty angry that Appleton is going.

"Appy talks alot of sense and his knowledge of the game is superb however like many he didnt realise how tight oyston was so I think he will be on his way."

Scarily that is the only quote I've got praising Appleton so far, most seem to be angry that Oyston is cashing in again.

This one made me laugh though

"Appleton will go, Paul Ince with Thommo would be a great package, strong."

Kind of like a reverse Myles Anderson deal they are hoping for there I think.

Anyone else just feeling numb with the goings on? I don't really have any feelings one way or another about this whole farce. Good luck to Appleton. First thing he needs to do is decide who's his boss and leave everyone else out completely.

Pictures on Sky showing Appleton packing his bags at Bloomfield. Looks like a done deal.

Can't say too much of his abilities yet, he's unproven.

What you can question though is his integrity. Leaves Pompey, 9 weeks at Blackpool then jumps ship for more money.

It says everything about what football is nowadays. No loyalty from players or managers it seems.

He will not be able to question any player wanting to leave Rovers.

I think its a sorry state of affairs.

My Blackpool contact told me several days ago that Appleton was unhappy with Oyston after promises and assurances had been renaged on. One issue was about money for January purchases and the state of the pitch and promised remedial work will not be carried out. He said Appleton is a strong character who doesn't suffer fools. If he gets the gig it could be interesting. He did stress though that money was not his motivation.

Also, anyone fancy apologising to MG Road who stated that a deal was done with a manager on a handshake and got slated. Looks like Appleton was the man, we wouldn't have approached the club if he wasn't all ready set to come to us.

It's only the fifth person we will have had in charge this season. I wonder what the record is?

No justifiable reason for Appleton to get the job. Unproven manager, may well be a world beater, but equally may not. Personally, I wouldn't recruit without evidence that key staff could do exactly what I needed them to do. Guessing as to people's abilities is all well and good, but we are currently all over the place and I remain of the opinion someone proven was required at this juncture. It's always a gamble recruiting a new manager, but this gamble we are taking with MA is again bigger than it needed to be.

Is anyone convinced this is going to happen? I think there's a long way to go before he gets the job. Board meeting tonight. Not convinced it will go through.

It seems that he wants it, Blackpool are allowing it and Shaw/Agnew want him.

The only thing that could put a spanner in the works now is Shebby complaining to the owners and their not sanctioning the deal.

could have been better but more likely would of been worse - Ali, Kevin McDonald, Sven, shebby!

It's more like a ticket to see travis. We really wanted to see the seahorses (Hughes) but I'd rather see travis than Ash (Steve Kean)

Space - Steve mclaren

Manics - Mark Bowen

Super Furry Animals - Poyet

Catatonia - Sven

Deacon Blue - Mickey Adams?

I hope to god we make it four in four for Gaz and his team!!

Just to let you all kno we (the players) find out at exactly the same time as you..
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
4m

My cyber mouth is closed lol
Expand
5m

Pls no

Anyone else just feeling numb with the goings on? I don't really have any feelings one way or another about this whole farce. Good luck to Appleton. First thing he needs to do is decide who's his boss and leave everyone else out completely.

Yesssss! It's been a nightmare roller coaster ever since they arrived at the club. But nothing lasts forever and one day I remain hopeful we can enjoy happier times at the club again.

ALAN MYERS@ALANMYERS1

My sources tell me Appleton will be appointed Rovers boss tomorrow and will attend Wolves game but not on bench!

Joe Ainscough@JoeAinscoughVB

The only other directors are Karen Silk (finance not football) and Rob Coar, who with all due respect, doesn't seem to do a lot..

Ok so apparently Shebby won't be at the board meeting tonight, so just Agnew and Shaw having a coffee then?

As long has he gets 100% support and backing from the board, owners and most fans then I think he could very well turn out to be quite a good(and quite shrewd) appointment and any board member that isn't genuinely 100% behind him has to be removed immediately.

As for win ratios, they are pretty irrelevant when talking about clubs that are struggling and have weak squads(which Blackpool are and have, especially once there few quality players are sold this month)

ALAN MYERS@ALANMYERS1

My sources tell me Appleton will be appointed Rovers boss tomorrow and will attend Wolves game but not on bench!

So are Venky's aware of his appointment then. What happened to the end of the month?

If Appleton gets the job, I hope he bins CKR. Imo, that is just plain stupid, and uncalled for. While we all seem to want a more experienced manager, its clear we will not go that route. In that respect, we need to see how Appleton sets up the team, what sort of tactics and take it from there. But I have lost a lot of respect, actually I don't respect CKR. If somebody tweeted @#/? about him, I'm sure he would act in a very angry manner.

As for win ratios, they are pretty irrelevant when talking about clubs that are struggling and have weak squads(which Blackpool are and have, especially once there few quality players are sold this month)

That may be true of win ratios, but facts are quite relevant. And the fact is this is yet another gamble.

Archived