BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

From Ronaldinho to Appleton, how far have we fallen under the three stooges and their supporting cast.

Give it another 2 years and we'll be considering Judan Ali a god send.

Nah can see Leam Richardson next on the list...

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, I was meant to say:

Permission has been granted by Blackpool to talk to Appleton and Westwood (presuming his assistant).

Westwood will probably be the first team coach

Hope Appleton appoint an experience number 2 and new Goalkeeper coach

Appleton approve by owners through Shaw and Agnew

well they wont get you relegated for a start!, which is what all the doom mongers(including myself at 1 time i think :blush: )have been predicting from the start of the season right up until the last 3 games.

Well buggar me, not getting relegated, wow is that where we are. If memory serves 46 points from 46 games will most likely get you relegated

From Ronaldinho to Appleton, how far have we fallen under the three stooges and their supporting cast.

Give it another 2 years and we'll be considering Judan Ali a god send.

We'll be lucky to still be Blackburn Rovers.

Well buggar me, not getting relegated, wow is that where we are. If memory serves 46 points from 46 games will most likely get you relegated

Based on Appleton's record, he'll probably get 54 points. 11 games = 13 points, and let's assume the last 2 games are drawn.

for the record MY opinion is that appleton is a massive gamble (before you all abuse me) not saying he wont be good but could equally turn out to be berg again!I as many others would of gone for experience curbishley,davies etc

However speaking to a west brom fan (a big one,season ticket holder and has been for the last 6/7 years)he says that appleton is going to be a great manager and he and a number of fans think that appleton was instrumental of getting west brom up from the championship as di matteo could not get to grips with the championship, apparantley appleton turned down a couple of approaches from championship clubs when west brom had got promoted but decided to take the pompey job (no idea why maybe he felt it was the right time to go into management.

I know I know this is another case of good coach trying to manage but all I can say is that at pompey he had the same win percentage as kean at rovers where the moral was at an all time low,the owner was in jail,he wasnt getting paid,there were only 20 players on the books and the club was in dissarey yet he had the same win percentage as kean who took an established premiership team from 8th into the championship!

heres hoping he turns out good

We are once again in a situation where the people trusted to look after out club make us cross our fingers and hope for the best.

And there's nothing we can do about it.

3 managers signed by Venkys and not one would makes the average walk-on want to buy a ticket.

I'm normally prepared to give people a chance but his record is pretty poor. 25% win ratio at Pompey and 18% at Blackpool. Crikey... is this the best we can do?

Hey come on.

Pompey was a war zone with players and staff exiting rapidly due to Administration.

At Blackpool, they'd lost 5 out of 7 games prior to Holloway leaving with a return of 2 points. In very short time, made them very difficult to beat with just 2 losses in 11.

Got a good feeling about Appleton.

Hey come on.

Pompey was a war zone with players and staff exiting rapidly due to Administration.

At Blackpool, they'd lost 5 out of 7 games prior to Holloway leaving with a return of 2 points. In very short time, made them very difficult to beat with just 2 losses in 11.

Got a good feeling about Appleton.

He is worth a shout. down to him to screw it up - not others.

Hardly ecstatic about this but i will get behind the man. if he does come in Shebby needs to go. You can't have him running round the training ground stirring things up, making life difficult for a man who wasn't his choice. Then that just leaves Aggers to get shot of. Easier said than done on both counts I know.

for the record MY opinion is that appleton is a massive gamble (before you all abuse me) not saying he wont be good but could equally turn out to be berg again!I as many others would of gone for experience curbishley,davies etc

However speaking to a west brom fan (a big one,season ticket holder and has been for the last 6/7 years)he says that appleton is going to be a great manager and he and a number of fans think that appleton was instrumental of getting west brom up from the championship as di matteo could not get to grips with the championship, apparantley appleton turned down a couple of approaches from championship clubs when west brom had got promoted but decided to take the pompey job (no idea why maybe he felt it was the right time to go into management.

I know I know this is another case of good coach trying to manage but all I can say is that at pompey he had the same win percentage as kean at rovers where the moral was at an all time low,the owner was in jail,he wasnt getting paid,there were only 20 players on the books and the club was in dissarey yet he had the same win percentage as kean who took an established premiership team from 8th into the championship!

heres hoping he turns out good

It was more Eddie Newton that helped RDM, but he's a very very good coach, and man manager. Got our academy playing lovely football and before our change of philosphy to being run on a more european model. It was a shoe in between either McInnes or Appleton eventually managing us

Don't want to come across as a Appy Clapper but hadn't Holloway stopped training the Blackpool team for for weeks before he left. They would have been incredibly unfit when he joined. That might account for the poor record since then.

I'd still prefer Poyet or O'Driscoll though

If, as seems likely Appleton gets the job then he'll get my support just like any other manager we have. He can lose that but I refuse to believe that having a closed mind is the right way forward. I am pretty much appalled by the stance of BRAG on this issue. It strikes me that bringing back demonstrations at this stage is not productive and disappointing.

We know that the problem lies within the boardroom and I really don't like Team Shagnew but the task at the moment is to continue the run. Let's stick with the team and hold back on the howls of anguish. Am I excited by Appleton? He's a gamble but with more chance of success than Henning.

I think I have finally understood how Venkys think. After Kean left they are still infatuated by him. So they have scoured the footballing world for lookalikes.
The search has made good progress. However, a problem was encountered. They couldn't find anyone as inept as Kean to recreate their darling. Appleton has both the looks and lack of experience to make this one a winner!

He wouldn't be my choice but neither were Ince, Kean and Berg and I backed those three. Llikewise Allardyce who I accepted through gritted teeth. Appleton deserves our support if appointed but, such is the way of things with many Rovers fans just now, he's unlikely to get universal backing. God knows the scepicism is understandable but there would be those who would be up in arms if we appointed Fergie.

To Blame Appleton for Pompey's demise is grossly unfair and those who have mocked him because of his appearance are an embarrassment.

It was more Eddie Newton that helped RDM, but he's a very very good coach, and man manager. Got our academy playing lovely football and before our change of philosphy to being run on a more european model. It was a shoe in between either McInnes or Appleton eventually managing us

Interested to hear what you know of him as record isn't particularly impressive

If, as seems likely Appleton gets the job then he'll get my support just like any other manager we have. He can lose that but I refuse to believe that having a closed mind is the right way forward. I am pretty much appalled by the stance of BRAG on this issue. It strikes me that bringing back demonstrations at this stage is not productive and disappointing.

We know that the problem lies within the boardroom and I really don't like Team Shagnew but the task at the moment is to continue the run. Let's stick with the team and hold back on the howls of anguish. Am I excited by Appleton? He's a gamble but with more chance of success than Henning.

good post

Archived