BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

I have just had a email from a reliable source on the Blackpool side. Compensation HAS been agreed and Appleton is meeting Rovers officials tonight. Appleton will inform Blackpool of his decision tonight. He also said it's gone from 60/40 to 85/15 that he will be our next manager.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You could add McKinlay, Ali, MacDonald and other nomarks!

This is the man who, allegedly, persistently rejected Holloway when Holloway was desperate to join us.

IMO, a tool of the highest order.

To be fair, Shebby Singh admitted that he made a mistake on that one "I'll hold up my hands and admit that I've made a mistake", and he has since changed his focus from such managers to more experienced ones. And Judan Ali was never a choice, the guy was in the wrong place in the wrong time. I don't know why people banging on him as a new manager. They said he'll be taking over before Berg, and when Berg's gone, they want to bring him back (along with the weird accusation that Shebby Singh will be the next manager) to beat him up. Funnily enough no one is putting down Shaw or Agnew's names in that poll. Ali has been used as a scapegoat to beat Venkys and Shebby Singh up, and unfairly in my opinion. He was never a candidate.

And Holloway? Maybe Holloway might have worked much better than Berg. No, not maybe. Definitely. Stupid of Shebby Singh to reject him.

I agree with Dwayne Cage, but I think it's better to sack Shebby Singh after he gets Sean O'Discroll or Gus Poyet in, otherwise we'll be left with Agnew and Shaw crowing in the helm with Appleton in charge. Not that I'm against Appleton, mind you, but I'm pretty sure he'll end up like Henning Berg.

Why has Appleton fallen out with Oyston?? Appleton might be a good upcoming manager, but we need an experience guy in. Why can't the 3 idiots see this? Rovers in ADMINSTRATION will be the headlines soon with these people in charge!!

To be fair, Shebby Singh admitted that he made a mistake on that one "I'll hold up my hands and admit that I've made a mistake", and he has since changed his focus from such managers to more experienced ones. And Judan Ali was never a choice, the guy was in the wrong place in the wrong time. I don't know why people banging on him as a new manager. They said he'll be taking over before Berg, and when Berg's gone, they want to bring him back (along with the weird accusation that Shebby Singh will be the next manager) to beat him up. Funnily enough no one is putting down Shaw or Agnew's names in that poll. Ali has been used as a scapegoat to beat Venkys and Shebby Singh up, and unfairly in my opinion. He was never a candidate.

And Holloway? Maybe Holloway might have worked much better than Berg. No, not maybe. Definitely. Stupid of Shebby Singh to reject him.

I agree with Dwayne Cage, but I think it's better to sack Shebby Singh after he gets Sean O'Discroll or Gus Poyet in, otherwise we'll be left with Agnew and Shaw crowing in the helm with Appleton in charge. Not that I'm against Appleton, mind you, but I'm pretty sure he'll end up like Henning Berg.

Not appointing Holloway will turn out to be a massive mistake in the future of Blackburn Rovers i reckon.

Why has Appleton fallen out with Oyston?? Appleton might be a good upcoming manager, but we need an experience guy in. Why can't the 3 idiots see this? Rovers in ADMINSTRATION will be the headlines soon with these people in charge!!

Not appointing Holloway will turn out to be a massive mistake in the future of Blackburn Rovers i reckon.

I fully expect by the end of the year we will be in major financial difficulty due to the farcical owners and nutcase trio

I know every club and every situation is different, but it's been shown in recent years that clubs don't necessarily need an experienced manager to get promoted: Brian McDermott, Nigel Adkins, Brendan Rodgers etc.

Not advocating Appleton as such (would still prefer Billy Davies), but just trying to offer some hope that it needn't mean we can't get promoted.

Wow this place is just chock full of miserable barstewards. Sure my pick would have been Davies but i can get over that and support the new guy. So long as the club/Raos demand a certain level of return in terms of points i am willing to give (almost) anyone a chance. Why - personally i thought that Hughes was an enormous risk at the time, have seen Souness build a great team and then lose the plot, have seen John W appoint Paul Ince, heard fans chant for the sacking of Howard Kendall, Bobby Saxton and Don Mackay and also heard "howards, bobbys & don's" blue n white army.

Long story short: we are in a little bit of a down. Appleton might be the guy to change that, he might not. If the option is to pay Sven or Hughes 3m a year with total control over transfers/contracts, 2 million in compo for Poyet (who has done what exactly?) or Appleton on a sensible wage with a decent bonus if he takes us up likewise a severance clause that can be activated in June then i am pretty sure which option i would take given the circumstances.

(and yes Kean should never have been given a permeanent contract in the first place but i'm determined to focus on the here and now!)

No idea really but at least someone who's record is better than Steve Kean and has actually done something.

I don't mind a few failures on the CV as long as they've done something. This one's just got FAIL written all over it.

At least with expectations of demoralising defeats the up will be amazing when we win the 1 in 10 ;)

Andrew Cryer@CryerRovers

Forget my 'gut feelings' today. Looks like they were wrong

Andrew Cryer@CryerRovers

Sorry. I should have made myself clearer. The clarity I can add is there is absolute confusion. Thats about it.

Superb stuff yet again from Venky's. We've absolutely no chance have we.

Archived