BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

Appleton's a good local(ish) guy (Salford), was a good honest player whos career was cut very short by a serious injury(and a surgical F-up), worked under some quality managers, learnt the managerial ropes at a struggling club and is very respected in the game, Its disgusting seeing some of the comments on here. If people arent happy with the board/owners that's totally understandable but too take it out on Appleton(before hes even through the door) is pathetic.

also is is playing career was cut so short he's probably got as much coaching and managerial experience as people 10 years his senior.

completely agree...especially when compared to the likes of Taylor....think he should get our support and see what he can do

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really rate Appleton, but not sure if its wise to bring him in now. Right now i remain optimistic.

Excellently rated when he was at WBA, i think Hodgson promoted him to assistant when he was there. No one seems to have a bad word about him.

Very organised, big on his sports science and likes to build from the back. Looks to get the ball on the deck too! I mentioned him before Berg and tbh we were all speaking highly on him without knowing too much, what's changed?

I can't get my head around the overreaction on here sometimes, just give the guy a chance or the next one a break, before you beat him over the head. We are hardly the greatest club on earth. Yes we would all love a Mark Hughes but it's not going to happen. We need to not only rebuild as a team but as a club and LEARN to get behind the team, ignore the clowns.

We have to remember he went to Blackpool when the likes of Evatt were talking of the discontent around and he's stabalised them since Holloway left, not saying he's going to be the answer but we could do allot worse ala Peter Taylor or Phil Brown.

"@Charlie26Adam: What a blow that would be to Blackpool to lose Micheal Appleton. speaking to the lads they think he is a top coach"

"@CryerRovers: I've heard a lot of gd things about appleton tbf and hope he does well if appointed. Just wish rovers acted properly. #alljustpowergames"

"@Northern_Rover: Despite my misgivings if Appleton is appointed I will fully support him and will judge him on results with Rovers."

some tweets before bed

But Blackburn’s global director, Shebby Singh, the man charged with running the club by Indian owners Venky’s, is unconvinced by Appleton’s credentials and is keen to recruit a more experienced manager to stabilise the Championship club.

So now he figures it out? Shebby's unforgivable failure is not getting the post-Kean appointment right.

Honestly, its irrelevant whether they appoint Appleton, Pearcunt, CherryNipple or anyone else. The problem isn't the person coming in the problem is the way these idiots go about making hiring decisions.

I don't think they even have a defined criteria in terms of what they're looking for. They just seem to randomly go after individuals they 'like'. What is this 'like' based on. It's definitely not based on prior success, technical skills, ability to scout talent, or manage finances. If it were, 90% of the names being mentioned would even be mentioned.

Until Venky's can get leadership in that is able to rationally define what makes a successful manager and then use those characteristics to appoint one, we just have to hope and pray we get lucky. Problem is Venky's themselves have shown no real business acumen, so God help us.

Just when you thought they would let things be and give Bowyer a chance to see what he can to salvage the season they start up the chaos again. Bringing in a new manager mid-season who does not know the players, their skillsets and with very little funds is a disaster waiting to happen. Managing is about building chemistry with your team, and knowing their capabilities. Appointing random people who don't know the team is not the way to go if you are pushing for a playoff spot.

In my view, Bowyer is the perfect guy to ride with because he knows Blackburn, he knows the players, and he has been able to motivate. Why risk ruining that unless you get get in someone heads and shoulders above him (e.g., Di Matteo). Run with him for the season, if it gets to the point where the season gets out of hope THEN and only THEN bring in someone who can get settled in and make a run for next season.

Honestly, its irrelevant whether they appoint Appleton, Pearcunt, CherryNipple or anyone else. The problem isn't the person coming in the problem is the way these idiots go about making hiring decisions.

Speak for yourself. I think it'd do us wonders if we got Pearcunt.

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh FFS Venkys! OMG let us all just find a bridge in a central place, sing your national anthem and jump off that bridge right now.

Why don't we keep Bowyer, and use the fecking money to bring in players for key areas that we are lacking. I'm going to guess that we have now, probably spent more than 6mill on paying off these managers and compensation if we get Appleton. Bloody hell, this is rather ridiculous, and in fact a slap in the face of Bowyer. This is also a stupidly wrong time to unsettle a team that is doing rather well, and seemingly back up for the fight.

Abbey, you are bald. I would suggest that you place yourself on standby, as the Madame loves bald headed men

At best, unprofessional.

At worst...

Tell you what though. If Singh leaves at this moment in time, Kean may as well not have and we could well be about to repeat history.

He may have withdrawn from the frontline in body , but 'the plan' is alive and well at Ewood with the PNE twins

Oh and its taken what 2 or 3 weeks to tell the world, that they have done feckall in terms of trying to find a new manager? So Appleton is the only manager they have approached or at least want? We must surely have the most stupidest people running a club in the world. If Shebby doesn't know about this, well then we will soon have more problems, so for everybodys sanity, expect more chaos soon.

Imo, I can see Shebby allowing Shaw to appoint Appleton. If things goes tits up, then Shebby will tell the world it was Shaws choice. Shaw would probably get the bullet, and Singh will have more power at the club. This is just laughable, and at least we know that if Appleton is appointed, then I think its the end for Glen Mullan.

Personally think Appleton is a decent manager but inexperienced. He would make more sense than berg however I do not understand why you would approach him now. After all they could have got him before and wouldn't have had to pay compo.

So some think we should 'give him a chance', 'judge him on results', 'wait and see'.

By then it could be too late, if it's not already.

This is NOT the time for up and coming manager who could turn out to be a gem. We've already been through this twice. (And more).

Two reasons I could envisage for chasing Appleton:

- no-one else would touch us with a barge pole

- experience working under administration

The only thing left to do now is to offer him an 18 month deal and the isolation of Singh will be complete. In a normal club his position would be untenable in that case but that word isn't one that means anything at Ewood.

Archived