SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

He needs to learn to keep his mouth shut, if he has a problem then speak to someone at the club

Hinting on twitter does nobody any good

He needs to learn to keep his mouth shut, if he has a problem then speak to someone at the club

Hinting on twitter does nobody any good

It's no good if some of the players are already hinting at not wanting to play for him though. In a later tweet he mentions hoping to get another win for Gary Bowyer and the boys, why replace a regime that seems to be working and the players seem to want?

Comments at the bottom there...

"So much for searching out an experienced manager?.

The only thing he is experienced in is dealing with shambolic owners at Portsmouth & not being able to deal with the Oystons at Blackpool.

Well done Shebby, pat yourself on the back, you have found a famous, well respected experienced manager.

Fool!!"

Some folks will blame Singh regardless.

It's no good if some of the players are already hinting at not wanting to play for him though. In a later tweet he mentions hoping to get another win for Gary Bowyer and the boys, why replace a regime that seems to be working and the players seem to want?

His latest tweet just to back it up.

To let you no whoever is in charge my priority is the same #Promotionbut I have to say playing under Gaz after the last has been fresh air

Well Appleton is no name to conjure with but who knows? After the shambles that we have been for the last couple of years I don't think things can get any worse.

Sadly we are not a name to conjure with either and our hopes of landing the likes of Poyet are slim-to-none. We maybe could have gotten Holloway before but that ship has sailed and there is no point crying about it now.

Don't want to sound like a Rovers Fan but I will give him support until he proves that he is not up for the job. Like previous posters have said it is not his fault that he has been approached and he deserves the chance to show us what he can do. I don't know where some posters get off stating that he has to win them round - let the guy start with a clean slate!

I have seen complaints about his win % at Blackpool but his loss percentage is the same. There have been times before that people have complained that we are not hard to beat - hopefully Appleton can make us harder to beat and with our squad being stronger than that of Blackpool I would hope that he can improve on his win %.

colin kazim-richards@colin_kazim08

Pls no

Haha...couldn't have put it better myself...well I could...but...still.

No harm but this tweet is idiotic. If I knew my potential new boss might be able to read my twitter account I would have the brains to not insult him before he got the job.... CKR seems to get himself in a lot of bother through twitter.

I think CKR was tweeting more in support of Bowyer than against a new appointment. Looks like he's got a great link to the players and making them want to play for him. Seems to be the first time this had happened since Sam so obviously Venkys decide to chuck it away.

• Backroom

Players speak in favour of Kean - idiots

Players speak against new manager - well done

It seems people are happy for others to speak as long as they have the same opinion as them

For me speaking out about a potential appointment is just daft, yes we would like to see Bowyer given a chance for now but as with fans players shouldn't be able to influence things

As others have said now it looks like it may be Appletini lets keep all talk in this thread

The more I read on Twitter from Kaz the bigger idiot he seems.

Paddy Walsh @paddywalsh12

@colin_kazim08 Maybe my ignorance, but why should the players be informed? Changes in management in normal jobs aren't told to staff before?
Expand
23m

colin kazim-richards @colin_kazim08

@paddywalsh12 are normal jobs performances based?? Seriously some people dnt have a clue

Another idiotic comment from him the guy needs to shut his mouth and close his twitter account.

• Backroom

Who's to say bowyer and mcphillips won't continue to have an influence? These are the people who a new manager must take advice from. Bit of straw-clutching but maybe we'll be okay?

Archived