BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He seems to fit Venkys original remit for a manager. Young, English and supposedly an up and comer. Doesn't make sense to me with O'Driscall and Billy Davies out there.

Here's the strange bit though - although Shebby had their ear last time as well as Shaw/Agnew, why wasn't he even interviewed when he was at Pompey? And thus at least twice as cheap as he is now?

Here's the strange bit though - although Shebby had their ear last time as well as Shaw/Agnew, why wasn't he even interviewed when he was at Pompey? And thus at least twice as cheap as he is now?

Project "Ex Player" was in full swing at that time.

I'm hearing that an army of temps have been hired to man the ticket office tomorrow. The appointment of Appleton is expected to sell 15,000 half season tickets within minutes. Nice work bringing excitement back to a tired fanbase, Venkys.

CKR's tweet sums it up for me

The players aren't going to respect MA

We need someone who has been there and done it before with experience and authority.

Well they can feck off then.

IMO, that load of shyte have relegation on their cv's.

As I have said before, they are paid enormous sums of money, so stop bellyaching and give 100% in every training session and match.

If PL WBA players and Hodgson respect Appleton, who are this, IMO, bunch of under-performing primma donnas not to.

Time to stop pandering - I think it's been been a holiday camp at Brockhall since Sam left.

It seems that even in our worst nightmares we never realised that the club had one criteria when assessing the next manager

................Abject fcking failure.................check

In which way can Appleton be described as an 'abject fcking failure'?

If the guy is Shaw's candidate then he isn't going to get a 6 months contract, more like two to three years. Which means Rovers will be more financially in the brown stuff when they eventually sack him and have to pay him off before the end of the season.

I'm seeing to many comments like this with people almost willing it to be a failure before he's even started, i understand people being a little cynical and sceptical(or just miffed that there favourite for the job hasn't got it) but some people are just flat out miserable.

I'm going to have to give the forum a miss for a few days(I'm sure ill be missed, hahaha) before i say something quite nasty and inappropriate!

I'm not surprised in the slightest that we have gone for this guy. Every big decision that has been made since Venky's have come in and has been the wrong one. Why would it change now? Whoever makes the decisions must put their hand into a bag of crap manager and whoever they pick out is the one they pursue to the ends of the earth.

I will give Michael Appleton a chance and give him time to put his own methods and tactics over.

wouldnt be my 1st choice as manager cos I wanted someone like Billy Davies.

but if appoint will have my full support.

He will install discipline into the squad.

Well they can feck off then.

IMO, that load of shyte have relegation on their cv's.

As I have said before, they are paid enormous sums of money, so stop bellyaching and give 100% in every training session and match.

If PL WBA players and Hodgson respect Appleton, who are this, IMO, bunch of under-performing primma donnas not to.

Time to stop pandering - I think it's been been a holiday camp at Brockhall since Sam left.

+1

A lot of credit needs to go to the players since Berg got sacked, but more than a few of them have gotten away with murder in the last two years because of who has been at the top.

Archived