BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

If CKR tweeted that I don't want him at Rovers, irrespective of who the manager is.

Disgusting if true.

He didn't, it was

"Pls no"

And later

"I'm not talking any manager in particular I'm just saying tht this is the best run we've had this season something's going right.."

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
What has CKR said?

Tweeted "Pls no", which admittedly is one of the most horrific things I've ever read. Then said they'll be going to a win for Bowyer and he'll play for promotion regardless of manager. What a tosser.

He can't. mainly because he hasn't really been a manager long enough to decide either way.

Just what we need, eh?

Well, as I've said he wouldn't be my choice. That said, some of the stuff posted on here and elsewhere about him beggars belief. It's as if a significant proportion of Rovers support has taken to acting like petulant kids.

CKR's tweet sums it up for me

The players aren't going to respect MA

We need someone who has been there and done it before with experience and authority.

He demands it, your forgetting he was in charge at Pompey when they were on the brink of liquidation. He had a blazing row with the FA over the Transfer embargo. The state of the club hadn't fully revealed to him when he took the job Google "Appleton letter to FA" the pompey press carried it

CKR's tweet sums it up for me

The players aren't going to respect MA

We need someone who has been there and done it before with experience and authority.

if this is true then ckr should be sent back now. who does he think he is. this guy is a bad apple and i hope we dont sign him. his attitude stinks

Berg was not my choice but I was prepared to give him a chance. To me, it was soon clear that he was out of his depth.

The same applies with Appleton - prepared to give the lad a fair chance, who I think is far more likely to succeed than Berg.

Have spoken with a couple of friends who follow Blackpool and they are disappointed to have lost Appleton. Whilst not as exciting to watch as Holloway, his pragmatic approach led them, in their, view to being better organised and more difficult to beat.

I actually have a gut feel that he will do a terrific job for us and wish him well.

Well, as I've said he wouldn't be my choice. That said, some of the stuff posted on here and elsewhere about him beggars belief. It's as if a significant proportion of Rovers support has taken to acting like petulant kids.

This. Not my choice by a long way but the 'pls no' tweet from a player and the proposed BRAG action before the guy has even been given a chance is pathetic.

• Backroom

BTW, for those talking about the players having relegation on their CV, etc...

Our starting 11 Vs Wigan on the night we were relegated:

• 01 Robinson
  • 03 Mn Olsson
  • 05 Givet (Petrovic - 46' Booked )
  • 16 Dann
  • 18 Orr
  • 08 Dunn
  • 12 Pedersen Booked
  • 35 Lowe
  • 09 Modeste
  • 23 Hoilett
  • 24 Yakubu

I count 3 who now play for us on a regular basis. Olsson, Dann, Lowe. The rest are either on the fringes of the first eleven or gone.

BTW, for those talking about the players having relegation on their CV, etc...

Our starting 11 Vs Wigan on the night we were relegated:

• 01 Robinson
  • 03 Mn Olsson
  • 05 Givet (Petrovic - 46' Booked )
  • 16 Dann
  • 18 Orr
  • 08 Dunn
  • 12 Pedersen Booked
  • 35 Lowe
  • 09 Modeste
  • 23 Hoilett
  • 24 Yakubu

I count 3 who now play for us on a regular basis. Olsson, Dann, Lowe. The rest are either on the fringes of the first eleven or gone.

A bit selective there !

Only 4 of the starting 11 have gone. Also, what about Hanley, Olsson2, Simon, Rochina, Formica, Goodwillie !?!?

Apparently a source close to Shebby Singh says that he isn't happy with the decision, but he'll remain doing what he has always been doing, just watching from the sidelines and reviewing the new manager's performance. I think everyone finds this hard to believe, but he said Shebby Singh places the club above himself and wants Rovers to succeed, even if it meant appointing a manager he didn't choose.

Same source that said Shebby never interfered with first team selection and training, contrary to popular belief. Well, whatever, I leave it to you guys.

Are you mrs Singh or what?
I think I laughed when he went to Blackpool.

I'm not laughing now.

Not to his face, anyway...

article-2191221-1499C311000005DC-712_468

He's got bigger tits than my mrs!!!

You wouldn't mess with him!

Why?

• Backroom
A bit selective there !

Only 4 of the starting 11 have gone. Also, what about Hanley, Olsson2, Simon, Rochina, Formica, Goodwillie !?!?

I said gone OR on the fringes of the first team ie. they only play if there's injuries. I'll give you Formica though, and I guess Hanley.

The rest barely played last season or don't play much if at all this season. Let's look at our last match and see if these players were regulars last season (or even at the club)...

Blackburn Rovers
  • 34 Kean - NO
  • 03 Mn Olsson - YES
  • 16 Dann - YES
  • 27 Henley - NO
  • 31 G Hanley - YES
  • 06 Lowe Booked - YES
  • 13 Murphy Booked - NO
  • 11 Rhodes (Goodwillie - 90' ) - NO
  • 15 King (Ms Olsson - 72' ) - NO
  • 23 Rochina (Pedersen - 61' ) - NO
  • 39 Kazim-Richards Booked - NO

4/11. And Martin Olsson will soon be gone too so make it 3.

Players win matches not directors, managers or fans

The players obviously like playing for GB, there last 3 games proves this.

Problem is GB doesn't want the hassle, although I'd still try and persuade him to have a go.

Although I'm a bit skeptical about MA's record, who knows ? He's only 37 and seems well respected.

I will back him just as I backed Berg, and at the end of the day Singh has already had his chance and failed miserably both

With his manager pick and his summer transfer deals, and Shagnew brought Both Moyes and Davies to PNE

Hey come on.

Pompey was a war zone with players and staff exiting rapidly due to Administration.

At Blackpool, they'd lost 5 out of 7 games prior to Holloway leaving with a return of 2 points. In very short time, made them very difficult to beat with just 2 losses in 11.

Got a good feeling about Appleton.

How about this theory. (tongue in cheek)

Shaw - lifelong knobender - has done more in 6 months to screw over bitter rivals Blackpool / destabilise Holloway who left, nicked new hope new manager Appleton. At the same time well on the way to bringing local rivals Blackburn to their knees with his wealth of football knowledge.

He will go down in local football history for something at least.

Craving infamy???

Comment from Skysports:

barney says January 10, 2013 7:03pm

As a Pompey fan I can only wish Blackburn luck.........they are going to need it. There's no denying how much of a difficult job Portsmouth was but I always felt there was more to the mediocre performances and dull draws we suffered. However after seeing his short record at Blackpool he may actually be just a mediocre manager. I don't think they'll go down but a 17th place finish is probably what you'll get with him and won't be able to remember a lot of the games come end of the season and trust me you wont want to.

This. Not my choice by a long way but the 'pls no' tweet from a player and the proposed BRAG action before the guy has even been given a chance is pathetic.

CKR "To let you no whoever is in charge my priority is the same #Promotion but I have to say playing under Gaz after the last has been fresh air"

CKR "I'm not talking any manager in particular I'm just saying tht this is the best run we've had this season something's going right.."

These after the previous tweet. CKR tends to tweet a lot of twaddle to be fair with the occasional relevant remark, I wouldn't read too much into it, the manager can drop him after all if he doesn't contribute.

As for BRAG, well they only represent themselves and whilst they may be committed Rovers fans I think they are at risk of making themselves look a set of bitter characters.

I do have some time for Shebby - not much but some, he may be comical but I suspect he is trying - just clumsy - I don't trust Team Shagnew though.

Appleton deserves our support if he comes, talking to Blackpool fans they reckon he's improved their fitness and organisation and he has a reputation of meticulously preparing his team.

Players win matches not directors, managers or fans

The players obviously like playing for GB, there last 3 games proves this.

Problem is GB doesn't want the hassle, although I'd still try and persuade him to have a go.

Although I'm a bit skeptical about MA's record, who knows ? He's only 37 and seems well respected.

I will back him just as I backed Berg, and at the end of the day Singh has already had his chance and failed miserably both

With his manager pick and his summer transfer deals, and Shagnew brought Both Moyes and Davies to PNE

I was wondering that about Shaw. I was pretty confident that he'd brought Davies to Preston but wasn't sure about Moyes. If he was responsible for giving the Everton boss his first managerial job then that is a pretty impressive feat.

Players win matches not directors, managers or fans The players obviously like playing for GB, there last 3 games proves this. Problem is GB doesn't want the hassle, although I'd still try and persuade him to have a go. Although I'm a bit skeptical about MA's record, who knows ? He's only 37 and seems well respected. I will back him just as I backed Berg, and at the end of the day Singh has already had his chance and failed miserably both With his manager pick and his summer transfer deals, and Shagnew brought Both Moyes and Davies to PNE

Think you will find that Moyes was already at the club as player and then coach and Davies was brought in by I think Craig Brown as assistant manager

Archived