BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

He just took a job on that he wasn't good enough for. Wasn't the first and won't be the last. Why the attacks on him as a person when there is no evidence?

Probably because of his u-turn from "you'd be mad to work for Venky's" to "Where do I sign, Shebby?"

Of course, I doubt anyone would have cared about that if he had been a success.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

Hmm, from what I gather from those who can watch the games, we seem to have no plan B. I hope this is just because the squad is not his yet, and next season will see vast improvements. After seeing abject performances for all 5 managers, the players need to look at themselves. The managers can only shoulder some of the blame.

• Backroom

The problem initially was that we couldn't score under Appleton. If we stop being able to defend as well, what's left?

Rekik already appears to be one of the worst signings we've made. Kane was better.

It certainly lacked class and although it was a fairly competitive second half I think Leeds Leicester dominated in the first and looked like the side most likely to take advantage.

I suppose I'm yet to be convinced with the style of play and tactics, it looks like we're trying to play on the counter and shut up shop in the first half but then there doesn't seem to be any incentives towards going forward. This kind of game can pay off with a bit of luck but we only need to look at what happened at Hull in the first half to see where it can lead...

The players are not good enough , I have huge doubts about Appleton but he is not too blame for this seasons appalling efforts ...

What worries me is that Appleton is the best we can get !

His record is nothing to write home about , could be classed as a 'safe pair of hands ' mid table respectability ....

Mercerman , could well be right do the owners stick or twist ?

The last 2 managers to get us promoted out of this division were Kenny Dalglish and Graeme Souness , I do not expect to see anyone of their footballing pedigree at Ewood Park again , whether that be as a player or manager ,,,,,,,,

Venkys are taking us down , through their lack of desire to keep us in the Premier league and their inability to appoint a manager of quality !

We have had 5 managers this season , it is not beyond the Venkys to sack Appleton in the summer and appoint someone else !

I said when Appleton was appointed that he didn't have the necessary experience and that it would be pure luck if it worked out not judgement.

He's talked a lot of sense but most of us have been saying the same things for months.

We are now talking on here about giving him till Christmas! If he's failed at that point that will mean a third year outside the Premier League and what we will say when the new manager is appointed?

"He can't possibly turn this around in half a season. Judge him at Christmas."?

See where I'm going with this? And how will our erratic owners react to such further disaster? We meed a miracle.

Guest Norbert

Indeed, if Appleton were to be binned then we'll be lucky to get Peter Taylor or someone of that calibre! Only the mental, greedy (those wanting to make a quick buck when they're sacked) and desperate would want to sign up. I'm afraid we're stuck with Appleton for better or worse. Hopefully, he'll grow as a manager and really sort out the squad in the summer.

Indeed, if Appleton were to be binned then we'll be lucky to get Peter Taylor or someone of that calibre! Only the mental, greedy (those wanting to make a quick buck when they're sacked) and desperate would want to sign up. I'm afraid we're stuck with Appleton for better or worse. Hopefully, he'll grow as a manager and really sort out the squad in the summer.

If Appleton is potted off in the near future...............then it will be because he deserved to be due to poor results, what on earth is the point of the we'll be lucky to get so and so argument if 2 years of kean has taught anyone anything its that you don't keep hold of poor cards pay the money to get a better hand every time.

Point is we won't get a "better hand". Appleton is IMO the best we can hope for with the club in the state it is in. I shudder to think who comes in next if Appleton leaves.

got to disagree not sure why Appleton is held in such high esteem by yourself i could basically reel off the names of 80% of the managers in this division managing clubs going nowhere in financial turmoil who'd jump ship for more cash, If Appleton went i can't see how appointing a Warnock/McCarthy/Darren Ferguson/whoever would be a possible downgrade.

I was Bewildered when he got appointed, appeased when he said the correct things and did'nt seem deluded in interviews, pleased the ship seem to have steadied but now very worried at how utterly ineffective and generally useless the performances have become.

• Backroom

got to disagree not sure why Appleton is held in such high esteem by yourself i could basically reel off the names of 80% of the managers in this division managing clubs going nowhere in financial turmoil who'd jump ship for more cash, If Appleton went i can't see how appointing a Warnock/McCarthy/Darren Ferguson/whoever would be a possible downgrade.

I was Bewildered when he got appointed, appeased when he said the correct things and did'nt seem deluded in interviews, pleased the ship seem to have steadied but now very worried at how utterly ineffective and generally useless the performances have become.

Did you see the list of candidates before Appleton was appointed? We're not getting Warnock/McCarthy/Ferguson pal... we're getting Peter Taylor or Judan Ali next.

I don't hold Appleton in high regard, but if you genuinely think we'll get a decent manager in if we get rid of Appleton I suggest you think again.

Archived