BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

Extremely disillusioned with life under Appleton so far, not so much results but the style of play and the players he's picking.

I thought under Berg at least we had at least swiftly and correctly identified players with no future such as Pedersen Orr Goodwillie and Marcus Olsson and started to give players with talent like Henley Rochina and Vuckevic their head.

Orr as a full back can go, Goodwillie certainly, Olsson mk2 depends what money he is on BUT imo the team always looks more solid and compact with MGP playing.

He lets himself down with his delivery sometimes cos we all know how good it can be but I am of the opinion that he is still a big player for us. Not only that and I don't want to hex him but he's rarely injured and despite frequently being overlooked that is a massive factor in any player's worth. Compare that to certain others.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BBCSport: Blackburn boss Michael Appleton: "I don't have a budget as such but I am sure the owners would support me for the right players." #BRFC

Shrewd.. Everytime a Rovers manager gobs of about having money to spend the price of players and their demands go up.

Gordon lee , now you are talking !

Pulled us out of the wilderness , one of the greatest games ever Rovers 5 -2 against Plymouth !

Yes that really was special, but it still fell a long way short of Charlton away in 1958! That was without doubt the best Rovers experience I have ever witnessed in over 66yrs of supporting.

I'm afraid your memory is playing tricks yorkblue. Lee sold Field the previous season to former manager Ken Furphy at Sheffield United to raise funds for his rebuild. It was Beamo who pulled a goal back just before half-time and then Don Martin and Mike Hickman ran riot in the second-half. But as you say it was a wonderful day and is one of the games that is still vivid in my memory bank.

Didn't Don Martin miss a penalty in the first half? I was a bit worse for wear in the Riverside, But i seem to have a vision of Don smacking a penalty over the bar.

Correction Beamo missed it.

http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/13810-rovers-5-plymouth-2/

Appleton said in his first press conference that he's doesnt have a agent, just a lawyer who does the paperwork.

also Shaw said he this aswell

Ben Mansford used to be a solicitor.....He was Appletons agent at Pompey.

Yes that really was special, but it still fell a long way short of Charlton away in 1958! That was without doubt the best Rovers experience I have ever witnessed in over 66yrs of supporting.

Was the score 4 - 3? I seem to recall it was, I was playing cricket and had a radio link in the dressing room!!

I thought he didn't have an agent and didn't need them??

Michael Appleton doesnt believe Pompey will come out of administration before Christmas.

But the Blues boss has described talks with leading figures of the Pompey Supporters Trust as positive following a meeting last week.

Appleton and his agent, Ben Mansford, sat down with Iain McInnes and Ashley Brown at a restaurant on Friday night following the Academys FA Youth Cup match at Fratton.

Michael Appleton doesnt believe Pompey will come out of administration before Christmas.

But the Blues boss has described talks with leading figures of the Pompey Supporters Trust as positive following a meeting last week.

Appleton and his agent, Ben Mansford, sat down with Iain McInnes and Ashley Brown at a restaurant on Friday night following the Academys FA Youth Cup match at Fratton.

who says the newspaper is correct tho??? its not likely a newspaper to get the info wrong is it :unsure::rolleyes::)

My point exactly, Why hide the fact you have an agent.

Port Vale players weren't happy with him last year.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Port-Vale-Stars-angry-touted-sale/story-15524118-detail/story.html

whether he is his agent or lawyer I couldnt give a monkey tbh.

just interest in the job he does for rovers and hope he does very well.

Which is why you feel the need to comment everytime someone mentions his connections?

who says the newspaper is correct tho??? its not likely a newspaper to get the info wrong is it :unsure::rolleyes::)
I hope you are correct.

Although things are going reasonably well at the moment, there is a credibility issue at stake here - and potentially a door we had hoped was closed may well still be open.

Eyebrows were raised at Appleton's appointment and it was on good authority that some ITKs reported he had switched agents very recently prior to coming to Rovers.

A certain agency made some swift denials via Twitter and Appleton confirmed he didn't use agents.

I want to believe Appleton but I have a few trust issues with the Rovers hierarchy.

how do u need he is Appy agent now tho???

is Ben Mansford a lawyer???

why are people so bloody bother who he lawyer/agent is???

lets move on.

When I read your posts, I often get Raj Koothrappali's voice in my head.

If he gets results nobody will care who his agent is, in fact the majority won't care either way.

People just love making mischief on here.

Agents, or agencies, have played a key role in destroying our club - just interesting to know if 'Appy' was perhaps telling a little mistruth in his first presser.

I'm losing the will at the moment. The minute we have a good win, start feeling good about Rovers again, the rumours start.

Please can some ITK, or rumour spreader, or whatever, PLEASE state why we have to have a cloud of doubt around our current manager.

And, to think, last night I went to bed happy about Rovers for the first time in years.

Archived