BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

Bloody good player CKR these past couple of games. A real handful for defenders. Personally I suspect his recent return to form is because he's in the shop window but then lifelong experience has made me more than a touch cynical.

Maybe cos the LET is online?

28 games in and he's bloody good for the last couple. I'll give credit for his injury. The shop window bit confirms what I posted elsewhere, he only plays when he feels like it. If he can nail down performances EVERY week like the last two then fair do's

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad he's been allowed to bring some people in of his own choosing.

Agree.

Don't think the players would fancy arguing with any of Appy, Westwood or Moore.

Also, don't think Shebby would fancy asking when any of his Portugese lads might get a game !

As many have said, this is what Berg should have done but perhaps he didn't have the contacts or knowledge.

Onwards and upwards with Appy's army !

I like this quote

“Certain things need to be sorted out in the short term, but we won’t take our eye off the long-term goal, which is to get Blackburn Rovers playing Premier League football week-in week-out.

from Luke Dowling, the new Head of Recruitment. Sounds like they're all going to be singing from the same hymnsheet and that they're all here for the long haul.

'Appy days are 'ere again!

More positive vibes, long may it continue.

Makes you wonder if Berg didn't have a back room team to bring in, couldn't face replacing the guys there, or he wasn't allowed to. Bizarre.

I am warming to Appleton, mindful of the fact that he has apparently employed his own PR company, but definitely warming.

Judging by comments on threads at the moment, it looks like we may have found the uneasy truce I asked about some months ago. Just a shame it cost us relegation and 10,000 supporters...

More positive vibes, long may it continue.

Makes you wonder if Berg didn't have a back room team to bring in, couldn't face replacing the guys there, or he wasn't allowed too. Bizarre.

I am warming to Appleton, mindful of the fact that he has apparently employed his own PR company, but definitely warming.

Judging by comments on threads at the moment, it looks like we may have found the uneasy truce I asked about some months ago. Just a shame it cost us relegation and 10,000 supporters...

Given time I'm pretty sure he can sort you out. From what I know of him, he isn't a puppet. He was always well respected here. whether or not he gets that time I don't know

I'm glad he's been able to bring in his own people, that is how every other club works. Appleton does need to get results, but the early signs are encouraging.

If we don't get promoted, the blame can be clearly pointed to the "Berg Experiment" i.e. bring a puppet in, on his own, with Shebby interferring.

I'm glad he's been able to bring in his own people, that is how every other club works. Appleton does need to get results, but the early signs are encouraging.If we don't get promoted, the blame can be clearly pointed to the "Berg Experiment" i.e. bring a puppet in, on his own, with Shebby interferring.
I think you're right here. Much like their chicken businesses, and from the noises Singh has been making, you wouldn't bet against their managers targets to achieve. Don't meet the target and you're out.

It begs the question what targets Kean was meeting or whether this philosophy is something Singh has convinced them of.

I think we need to stick by Appleton now though. Not being promoted this season wouldn't be his fault (although bring relegated would) so we need some stability and give him the tools, funds and time to rebuild and have another go next season. (Glass half full view of Venkys intentions).

I think we need to stick by Appleton now though. Not being promoted this season wouldn't be his fault (although bring relegated would) so we need some stability and give him the tools, funds and time to rebuild and have another go next season. (Glass half full view of Venkys intentions).

Lets just hope they're willing to do so as if it really is 2M a month that's 48M over two years and funds on top.

just incase Venky's are reading that would equate to you selling 1.2 billion eggs.

meant to ask you, Maj. Have you resubmitted any of the stuff you said you'd sent the club about fitness, nutrition etc now that we have a manager who seems himself to have more control of the day to day running of the club. singh may have ignored it but would Appleton?

28 games in and he's bloody good for the last couple. I'll give credit for his injury. The shop window bit confirms what I posted elsewhere, he only plays when he feels like it. If he can nail down performances EVERY week like the last two then fair do's

Richards got off to a good start this season, scored both goals in our opening 2 games, and was then benched when Rhodes arrived. Not saying that was wrong because Rhodes and Gomes were flying, but that kind of treatment is bound to knock anyone's confidence. After that Berg seemed to be more of a Rochina fan and it took Bowyer's arrival for a manager to show some real faith in him. No surprise that since then he's been good/excellent. And thats wasn't a couple of games ago, it was 6 (or 5 if you take out Charlton when everyone was gash).

That's him.

Seem to remember a few things about his charity work in the community in the past, seems like a good man.

Certainly can vouch for that. Visited one of our offices a few years ago when he was with Burton Albion. Solid in build, solid in character. Also has more integrity in his little toe than some I could mention.

meant to ask you, Maj. Have you resubmitted any of the stuff you said you'd sent the club about fitness, nutrition etc now that we have a manager who seems himself to have more control of the day to day running of the club. singh may have ignored it but would Appleton?

You need to get his number and I don't know anyone who does, although I'll admit I haven't tried to get his number. Emailing is pointless as they must get loads of mails like that and you really need face to face to buld a relationship so he would listen and read what you send. Obviously I'd be interested what fan wouldn't be but one read of my posts and he'd not let me in the building, lol. A lot of it though would depend on how he percieves sports science and the role that it can play in helping the club move forward.

I like this quote

from Luke Dowling, the new Head of Recruitment. Sounds like they're all going to be singing from the same hymnsheet and that they're all here for the long haul.

'Appy days are 'ere again!

The triumph of hope over experience! "Appy Days" are NOT here again. We were 15th in the Championship last time I looked.

Appleton is saying the right things, the moves he has announced are good ones, but we have to wait and see if it all works.

This is a results game and results are the only thing that counts.

The triumph of hope over experience! "Appy Days" are NOT here again. We were 15th in the Championship last time I looked.

Appleton is saying the right things, the moves he has announced are good ones, but we have to wait and see if it all works.

This is a results game and results are the only thing that counts.

Yeah i echo this. But it does feel nice to hear about some sensible decisions coming out of Rovers. In my small mind that almost feels like a victory. It has been so long since i've heard anything Rovers related which i didnt have to mull over and convince myself made a modicum of sense at best. We might find all these Appleton moves simply make us a stable championship side. We may find they sneak us into the play offs or perhaps even top two in time. But i feel like i've had the Kean kicked out of me and right now i'm just happy to see Appleton making decisions which vaguely remind me of days gone by when we had competent people running the club. What will be will be. But i know for sure that under Appleton we'll be better off than under Kean or under Singh. He may be shyte or he might be a 'gem', but he is better than anything we've had since Allardyce. That much i do know.

Souness comes in and brings his own team.

Hughes comes in and brings his own team.

Ince, Allardyce, Kean etc etc ditto.

Jobs for the boys, at the club's expense. Twas always thus.

Hughes especially, he brought in everyone but the tea lady. We'd mostly had some continuity till that point with Parkes, Darracot etc

Archived