BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

From what i remember he didn't want to play for us at the end or am i wrong?

He was keaned off with the whole job lot. Everybody has a limit. He'd given his all but in the end (just like myself) he realised that he was flogging a dead horse and the only sensible option was to bugger off.

tbh I'm suprised how anyone can question Samba's committment.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good. He won't be missed will he? His reputation exceeds his ability and his effectiveness by some distance and thats why he's (hopefully) off to some Cypriot pub team.

Another one who many fans wanted to sell, but if we had kept hold of, we might still have been in the PL.

Exactly right .... and there's one right here Den..

He's finally going to get the relegation he bailed out of with Blackburn.

Wasn't he a target for Arsenal at one point? That's one hell of a career nosedive (although maybe not so bad for his bank manager / agent - two quick moves to clubs owned by rich idiots)

:rolleyes:

What did you expect her to say?

You are still guilty of fiddling whilst Rome burns though aren't you? But if cronyism exists then it's a lot like politics and especially so with appointments within the Cabinet. How else would your hero Gordon Brown have risen to PM without cronyism? He certainly wasn't elected was he?

Um, because he was the No 2 and next in line, rather like Black and Bowyer ???

First pub team ever to make the quarter finals of the champions league then, well done to the dog N duck.

It's amazing how sour the grapes are for some, Maj.. Apparently Samba's not much of a player either.

He was keaned off with the whole job lot. Everybody has a limit. He'd given his all but in the end (just like myself) he realised that he was flogging a dead horse and the only sensible option was to bugger off.

tbh I'm suprised how anyone can question Samba's committment.

Why don't you ask Guus Hiddink how he rates Samba's committment Theno? Terrific player and probably had a great deal to do with us over performing in terms of league position. But the bloke is a first class mercenary. He plays football for money and nothing else. I don't think any fan can be criticised for questioning his committment. Sadly Samba isnt alone. I'd wager 90% of the entire Rovers squad would do the same. Yet they are all very quick to tell disgruntled fans that the match day atmosphere should be positive for them to perform. Being a football fan nowadays is a thankless task.

It's amazing how sour the grapes are for some, Maj.. Apparently Samba's not much of a player either.

Agree Stu. It wouldnt take much for Simon to be worth £10m plus. That may sound stupid right now, but in a different team which allows for his lack or work rate he could look a very good player. I'm not saying he's top drawer by any means, but he has the essentials to look very good. Just a very bad fit at Rovers.

His use of the ball was never good enough for a top team.

For a club battling relegation he'll be fantastic. I can see QPR staying up if they sign him. Especially if they add Crouch to that as well.

How can you write this stuff? Samba was awesome for us. Kept us up in Kean's first season IMO.

One day left and here we are:

Leave:

Rosado

Robinson

Linganzi

Vukcevic

Formica

Coming in:

Forrester

Did anyone really expect anything different ?

We are , where we are and i do not expect us to go any higher , whilst Venkys are in charge we are going downwards at an alarming rate !!

The guy he replaced isn't doing very good at his new job either last time I checked.....sometimes a managerial appointment just doesn't work, just like with signings.

Don't rate Holloway much anyway though.

8 points behind them if we win our game-in-hand.

It will be them or Watford who we have to catch imo.....as well as finishing ahead of all the rest of the chasing pack.

Well----yes it is! But the implication is that he's not good enough for anything else! He helped US get to sixth and improved as a player after that.

The point was that after being one of Blackburn's best players and attracting the attention of one of Europe's elite clubs (that's Arsenal) he made a bizarre move to a football mercenaries' backwater and then returned to join a very bad but extremely wealthy premier league club.

I can't understand it. I honestly thought he could have been good enough to play for a top side, but his last two moves suggest top managers think otherwise.

We are , where we are and i do not expect us to go any higher , whilst Venkys are in charge we are going downwards at an alarming rate !!

Can't complain too much about getting rid of what are now fringe players. The damage was done in previous windows - these will just get rid of a slice of an ott wage bill.

In all fairness the squad is way way too big for a club in the Championship. I've no doubt many were added to line certain individuals pockets rather than for footballing reasons. The club / Venky's have been screwed and we need to get back to sanity.

Samba to QPR?

That wouldn't make a great deal of sense.

Well, other than financially for Samba...

It's quite clear what's Samba's motivations are these days. A move to a team that plays in a war torn part of Russia, that's so bad that the team only flys in from Moscow for games, but are owned by a billionaire who pays whatever for whoever. He's then off to QPR who are in the middle of a relegation fight. The £100K a week wages have nothing to do with it, rather he wants the challenge that he never got at Rovers. He and Remy will certainly be sticking around next season when QPR are in the Championship. Their love for the club will be the telling factor.

The point was that after being one of Blackburn's best players and attracting the attention of one of Europe's elite clubs (that's Arsenal) he made a bizarre move to a football mercenaries' backwater and then returned to join a very bad but extremely wealthy premier league club.

I can't understand it. I honestly thought he could have been good enough to play for a top side, but his last two moves suggest top managers think otherwise.

Yet he's earned as much if not more than most Centre halves at the top four clubs. Patrick Valery suggested he is a football mercenary. For my part I'm struggling to think of any Premier League footballer who isn't never mind one from foreign soil.

A big debate on talkshyte today about Danny Graham who is a NUFC supporter and who apparently wants to pass up on a Wembley final with Swansea in order to sign for Sunderland! Now OK he's lost his place to Michu but even so he's played enough matches on the way to the final to get a medal already but as we know he and his agent will have their heads screwed on. Heart must never ever be allowed to rule head in professional football must it?

It's quite clear what's Samba's motivations are these days. A move to a team that plays in a war torn part of Russia, that's so bad that the team only flys in from Moscow for games, but are owned by a billionaire who pays whatever for whoever. He's then off to QPR who are in the middle of a relegation fight. The £100K a week wages have nothing to do with it, rather he wants the challenge that he never got at Rovers. He and Remy will certainly be sticking around next season when QPR are in the Championship. Their love for the club will be the telling factor.

Don't be so bitter. It's been endemic in professional football since the year dot. Only thing that suprises me is why supporters from all clubs right across the footballing world appear never ever to be able to come to terms with that fact. It's like every time a favourite player decides to take up a better offer elsewhere that he is being disloyal whilst for the players who are struggling for fitness and form fans scream at the manager to kick em out of the club asap.

Bottom line is that loyalty doesn't only work one way in football ... it doesn't work at all.

Archived