BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Martin Olson

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be amazed if we got over £5m. I don't want him to go but he clearly wants to move on. If we got £6m you'd like to think half of that could be invested in the team. Pick up a couple of decent championship players for that money.

The money we may or may not receive for him is irrelevant; we'd be losing a Premier League footballer and the type of player we need if we are to have any chance of promotion because you can bet that his replacement will be cheap and won't be anywhere near as good.

The money we may or may not receive for him is irrelevant; we'd be losing a Premier League footballer and the type of player we need if we are to have any chance of promotion because you can bet that his replacement will be cheap and won't be anywhere near as good.

Exactly.

Completely agree.

He's not gone anywhere yet

I suspect the recent out of Court settlement means Rovers have to roll over and get raped on this one.

Anywhere between £3-4 million and I'd let him go.

I'm a fan of his but he's not critical to our promotion chances, I'm sure we could get a cheap replacement who could do a job on that side.

We could then spend the rest of the money on someone who really could improve our chances - be it a proper leader in the centre of defence or a leader in the centre of midfield.

I'd agree as long as the money is spent on replacement and to renforce the center mid area .

Exactly.

Completely agree.

I suspect the recent out of Court settlement means Rovers have to roll over and get raped on this one.

Inventing a conspiricy out of thin air that some will take on face value well done.

I'm a fan of his but he's not critical to our promotion chances, I'm sure we could get a cheap replacement who could do a job on that side.

We could then spend the rest of the money on someone who really could improve our chances - be it a proper leader in the centre of defence or a leader in the centre of midfield.

Oh dear, how often have we heard this over the years? Sell your best players and you get nowhere and he is one of our best. If we are to get promoted he would be critical.

Wrong. It's this sort of thinking that's landed us in the second division.

I'd agree as long as the money is spent on replacement and to renforce the center mid area .

Inventing a conspiricy out of thin air that some will take on face value well done.

Will the money be spent on anything any good? Other than Rhodes bought at full price, we have acquired dross.

Apparently Sam was paid £15k by Rovers. That is an ominously low figure.

If we got £6m you'd like to think half of that could be invested in the team. Pick up a couple of decent championship players for that money.

You've been saying this for years Ricky. The plan's working well isn't it.

• Backroom

I actually think in this league his brother can be as effective as he is, he hasn't had much of an impact this season

Problem is the money won't be reinvested and if by some miracle we do go up then Martin is a class above Marcus in the premier league

And as an aside Den the plan can work well. You don't have to spend big bucks as long as you have a good structure in place. Norwich and Swansea are two good examples. Our downfall is that we are an absolute shambles behind the scenes.

Archived