Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has BRAG served its purpose?

Stuart

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Do you guys like hypocrisy?

After my post on page 1 of this thread I have this morning signed up to be a member of BRFCAG and shortly will be signing up to BRSIT.

Why?

I don't particularly feel either of these groups can do much to help at this stage but yesterday reminded me we will die a slow death under the current owners, I was feeling good about being a rovers fan for the first time in ages and it just felt like a kick in the teeth and I want to be in a position to see and assess all options and feel somehow, someway we must be able to make some sort of difference.

Do you guys like hypocrisy?

After my post on page 1 of this thread I have this morning signed up to be a member of BRFCAG and shortly will be signing up to BRSIT.

Why?

I don't particularly feel either of these groups can do much to help at this stage but yesterday reminded me we will die a slow death under the current owners, I was feeling good about being a rovers fan for the first time in ages and it just felt like a kick in the teeth and I want to be in a position to see and assess all options and feel somehow, someway we must be able to make some sort of difference.

I think this just highlights how WE (all of us) take the Action Group for granted, criticise them even, when things are going well.

Then as soon as things turn sour, we want them again.

We can't have it both ways. The fan base is so fragile at the minute: one short run of results and we want status quo; another bad transfer window and we are reminded how bad things are.

A period of faux-stability always seems to be cut short by crisis.

• Backroom

Tbf Stuart, I don't know anyone who wants the AG to disband or cease to exist or whatever.

I know of at least a dozen people who wish they'd speak up when it is warranted and say nowt when it's warranted.

I personally think venkys should be the main target and the admin a short-term target given yesterday's feck-ups. I don't think any player should be a target and a manager should omly be a target if the reasons are justified. Which would be keanesque circumstances rather than Appletons 'inexperience'.

• Backroom

I think this just highlights how WE (all of us) take the Action Group for granted, criticise them even, when things are going well.

Then as soon as things turn sour, we want them again.

We can't have it both ways. The fan base is so fragile at the minute: one short run of results and we want status quo; another bad transfer window and we are reminded how bad things are.

A period of faux-stability always seems to be cut short by crisis.

For me I just want to be in a position to see what fan groups can offer us, we need a contingency plan and hope BRST can provide that

I'm a fence sitter, I've been on a couple of brag protests and criticised when I didn't think things were done right, I just like to take each individual event on its current merits rather than nailing my flag to a mast and sticking to it irregardless

I should say that my opinion expressed earlier in the thread still stands but I think its only fair to join the groups and see first hand what can be offered

For me I just want to be in a position to see what fan groups can offer us, we need a contingency plan and hope BRST can provide that

We can. We will.

Glad to read your on board Tom. A good week all round for sign ups.

• Backroom

It does seem that its a case for Brag of damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Very much so. That's why I don't see much point in BRFCAG arguing on message boards with people. They might as well stick to their official channels and focus on their members as opposed to people who are chomping at the bit to criticise them for every single thing they attempt.

• Backroom

We can. We will.

Glad to read your on board Tom. A good week all round for sign ups.

Not on board just yet need to read through the site again properly and actually get round to doing it

:)

Brag never has served a purpose they just seen to be here to add to the ridiculousness and embarrassment of the club along with rest of then since we have been under Venky's ownership.

The Nick Harris article today would have been impossible but for BRFCAG.

The Nick Harris article today would have been impossible but for BRFCAG.

That's probably very true, Philip.

Even more people knowing of the contents of "the dossier".

So, empty the contents on here, let those that have most reason to know what has been going on at Ewood.

If it's serious enough, it maybe the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak.

Get the issue forced.

That's probably very true, Philip.

Even more people knowing of the contents of "the dossier".

So, empty the contents on here, let those that have most reason to know what has been going on at Ewood.

If it's serious enough, it maybe the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak.

Get the issue forced.

My gut tells me that site admin would not want anything which could have serious consequences for the club posting on this site.

I could be wrong though. Depends who wears the trousers! ;)

A link to another blogging site with the full run down would be good. Although what I find interesting is the number of texts I've had about Nick Harris' Mail piece. We've known about it for ages but people don't believe it (our aren't aware of it) until it makes the papers.

My gut tells me that site admin would not want anything which could have serious consequences for the club posting on this site.

I could be wrong though. Depends who wears the trousers! ;)

A link to another blogging site with the full run down would be good. Although what I find interesting is the number of texts I've had about Nick Harris' Mail piece. We've known about it for ages but people don't believe it (our aren't aware of it) until it makes the papers.

Stuart, I would have thought that the "Legal Information " bit at the bottom of the page would absolve the site and its owners of any liability.

Further, if no one complained, then it would/might be an admission of truth.

Anyway, the details of this "dossier" have to come out, they must, if only to keep the @#/?s honest.

Stuart, I would have thought that the "Legal Information " bit at the bottom of the page would absolve the site and its owners of any liability.

Further, if no one complained, then it would/might be an admission of truth.

Anyway, the details of this "dossier" have to come out, they must, if only to keep the @#/?s honest.

Hence why I said consequences for the club rather than the site.

Archived