BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has BRAG served its purpose?

Stuart

I'd prefer to see all the various groups disbanded and come together as the Blackburn Rovers Supporters Club with branches in all the outlying towns, as in days gone by.

Each branch to nominate members to meet with club on a monthly basis.

Agreed

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think without the Action Group BRFC putting pressure on the owners, We would be a lot worse off.

We would still be saddled with Kean, He who cannot be named,

would still be lurking in the background, God knows how many more of our better players would have left the club.

While there is somebody like the Action Group on their doorstep,

The owners/Shebby/Shagnew will need to tread carefully.

Another brag bash thread woop woop
Yep! Just what the Board needs right now! :wacko:

Did either of you bother to read Stu's post (which is quite balanced, it should be said) or just reading from your usual scripts?

Unfortunately, any 'bashing' that does come BRAG's way is entirely self-inflicted. They weren't even a talking point on here until they made yet another faux pas.

Brag served a purpose in getting rid of Steve Kean. Now they are just a group fighting everyone else and try to discredit others whilst being hopelessly misguided themselves.

Time to become a supporters club rather than an action group me thinks.

I think without the Action Group BRFC putting pressure on the owners, We would be a lot worse off.

We would still be saddled with Kean, He who cannot be named,

would still be lurking in the background, God knows how many more of our better players would have left the club.

While there is somebody like the Action Group on their doorstep,

The owners/Shebby/Shagnew will need to tread carefully.

Agreed.

However, Kean is now long gone (thankfully) and the owners are finally starting to take advice from professionals and maybe, just maybe, might start running the club in a way that resembles competently.

Since MA's appointment, things are certainly looking that way.

So, I don't know where that leaves the Action Group.

As an outsider, it looks as though a couple of the prominent members enjoys being contacted by the media whenever there's a story and likes being an 'insider' at the club.

But should a standard fan be a voice of the majority?

We've been through this before on numerous other threads, but whether it's intended or not, their statements are viewed as a representation of the Rovers fans as a whole and this is something I object to completely.

The group represents probably 300-500 actual/active members, which is fine and they represent those fans - but they don't represent the rest of us.

In my humble opinion, the best thing all of these little groups and factions can do is join together and just become Rovers fans.

Until this happens, we'll never see a united fanbase again.

Did either of you bother to read Stu's post (which is quite balanced, it should be said) or just reading from your usual scripts?

Unfortunately, any 'bashing' that does come BRAG's way is entirely self-inflicted. They weren't even a talking point on here until they made yet another faux pas.

Stuart's post is balanced in its way, certainly more so than the ones that follow. However you miss the central point, whether BRAG folds , expands or explodes has nothing to do with anyone but its members. Obviously anyone is free to give an opinion but there is no reason whatsoever why they should take any notice. Bit like keaning in the wind.

1. We would still be saddled with Kean,
  2. He who cannot be named, would still be lurking in the background,
  3. God knows how many more of our better players would have left the club.
  4. While there is somebody like the Action Group on their doorstep,The owners/Shebby/Shagnew will need to tread carefully.

1 - Thats just not true. His position had become untenable and he jumped before being sacked. I credit BRAG with the pressure they put on the club, but to say he would still be here without BRAGs intervention is daft.

2 - And how do you know that he isnt? I dont want to disappoint you but.................

3 - Which 'better' players are still here because BRAG are involved?

4 - Literally on the doorstep! ever heard the saying "keep your friends close and your enemy's closer"?

Nice sentiment but fundamentally flawed - I guess you are a fully paid up member?

Stuart's post is balanced in its way, certainly more so than the ones that follow. However you miss the central point, whether BRAG folds , expands or explodes has nothing to do with anyone but its members. Obviously anyone is free to give an opinion but there is no reason whatsoever why they should take any notice. Bit like keaning in the wind.

Just like there's no reason why any of us should take notice of their horrendous PR campaigns. Doesn't stop them posting them on here, now does it?

I respectfully disagree. Whether the Action Group likes it or not, the media view them as representative of Rovers fans. It may not be the intention and they will, rightly, tell us that they only represent their members but whilst they are quoted as a 'fans group' we are all entitled to a right to comment.

Anyone can have a view on them and an opinion, as you say, on what they should do next. They are even allowed to make suggests directly to the Action Group through whatever means. Providing that they are respectful and constructive the I expect Glen would be willing to listen. Whether he heeds the advice is up to him and the Action Group.

Therefore I'm really not sure what your point is, there is no vote of no confidence sought nor intended but neither would anyone expect turkeys to vote for Christmas.

Ironically enough it was my annoyance at the perpetual slagging off that the Action Group get that prompted this thread so the real crux of the issue can be discussed civilly. It's therefore somewhat bemusing that I got accused of creating a(nother) "Slag BRAG" thread.

• Backroom

Care to explain why my post, the first reply in the thread isn't balanced?

There is a difference between having an opinion which I even noted shouldn't be taken as having any weight and having a pop.

I do agree that a lot of the time people will and have been having digs but I also think there is an element that any criticism is dismissed by some whether warranted or not

• Moderation Lead
I'd prefer to see all the various groups disbanded and come together as the Blackburn Rovers Supporters Club with branches in all the outlying towns, as in days gone by.

Each branch to nominate members to meet with club on a monthly basis.

+1,000,000,000

• Backroom

An interesting thread, unfortunately derailed by the usual suspects who are 100% pro-BRFCAG or 100% anti-BRFCAG, You all know who you are and it's very tiring reading the same old posts from you folks time after time.

Anyway, I think BRFCAG still has a purpose to play but they need to be very clear about who they serve and why. If it is only BRFCAG members then there shouldn't be BRFCAG members on here constantly bickering with rivals or people with grudges. If the group wants to branch out and keep communications with other supporters open then they need to be more transparent about their objectives and reel in the press releases as they are often poorly worded and tend to get people's backs up.

I think there are reasons for BRFCAG becoming less transparent over the course of its existence but am not sure the damage being done to the group's reputation is worth whatever they are attempting to achieve. It might be time to unify with other groups and work towards a common, transparent goal.

Im very confused about all our groups. Can someone please explain to me in simple as possible terms:

1. What brag is? What do they want to achieve? How do they aim to achieve their goals? Are they achieving their goals?

2. What is the supporters trust? Who are they (same/different people)? What do they claim/want to do? How are they achieving their goals? Are they achieving their goals?

3. Who or what are the Ewood park blues heard of?

4. Is there any other groups? What do they do?

When kean was in charge I missed the arsenal protest and once he said anyone who wasn't on the protest supported him I made it my business never to miss one again as wasn't going to let him count absentees as his fans. But sure this was just organised by a random group of fans trying to drive kean out.

Now theres arguments for and against whether any of it was successful but sure it wasn't an organised thing just little things to represent what I'm sure 99% of fans wanted ie kean out. Maybe it was this brag if so have they gone "more political" or something. If wasn't brag where have they come from and for what purpose.

As I said I'm very confused.

Im very confused about all our groups. Can someone please explain to me in simple as possible terms:

1. What brag is? What do they want to achieve? How do they aim to achieve their goals? Are they achieving their goals?

2. What is the supporters trust? Who are they (same/different people)? What do they claim/want to do? How are they achieving their goals? Are they achieving their goals?

When kean was in charge I missed the arsenal protest and once he said anyone who wasn't on the protest supported him I made it my business never to miss one again as wasn't going to let him count absentees as his fans. But sure this was just organised by a random group of fans trying to drive kean out.

Now theres arguments for and against whether any of it was successful but sure it wasn't an organised thing just little things to represent what I'm sure 99% of fans wanted ie kean out. Maybe it was this brag if so have they gone "more political" or something. If wasn't brag where have they come from and for what purpose.

To my knowledge:

BRAG - defunct former protest group - technically no longer exist except that people continue to use the term for...

BRFC Action Group - pressure group withits own member base

Ewood Blues - traditional supporters group who arrange travel to away matches

Fans Forum / FF - a group of people who regularly meeting with people from the club to discuss non-football related matters, such as the temperature of the beer to the stewarding arragements and everything in between.

Rovers Trust - an amalgamation of the former BRIST and BRST - a group of fans who are working to try to achieve whole or part ownership of the club (at best a Swansea type arrangement - at worst, our knights in shining armour should the worst happen).

BRFCS - largest internet based supporter "group" - but not really a group as such - sometimes asked to endorse support statements

Other supporter internet-based message board groups - various - again sometimes asked to endorse support statements

Blackburn United - a pseudo-organisation designed to bring together all of the groups under one umbrella and facilitated by Sir Bill Taylor.

Hopefully I've not missed anyone!

All of the groups are supporters of the club. The problem is they don't share common goals - possibly necessarily.

Also don't forget with the AG with the communication channel they have opened with the club if you have a problem you can go there report it and know it gets passed onto the club officials. Maybe their mission statement should change because their remit is much wider with Derian House and the various community projects.

Brag served a purpose in getting rid of Steve Kean. Now they are just a group fighting everyone else and try to discredit others whilst being hopelessly misguided themselves.for the

Time to become a supporters club rather than an action group me thinks.

SAS this is just unbelievable who created these factions in the fanbase. Who threatened ordinary fans they would have a word with the fans who approved his regime and would get them fans to have a go at the ones who didn't like the job he was doing and inciting violence to blame BRAG for the factions between the fans is totally misguided there is only one person to blame for the factions amongst the fans at the club and that is Steve Kean I hope that one day this horrible little man gets his comeuppance and someone screws him over.

Did you even read the opening post Abbey, or just the title? If you did then the point has been lost on you, if you didn't then at least take the time to read it.

It's a genuine question. It may actually turn out that there is a very valid reason to keep going. I'm disappointed that my previous posts on the subject haven't earned me the benefit of the doubt. Same applies to you 47er. There may be several other threads dragged off topic and broken down into squabbling, this one is trying to enable a proper adult discussion.

Of course I read it, but its obvious what will/would happen

Also don't forget with the AG with the communication channel they have opened with the club if you have a problem you can go there report it and know it gets passed onto the club officials.

In your view then Savio, how does that differ from the FF?

Believe me you're not the only one Matt. :wacko:

To my knowledge:

Fans Forum / FF - a group of people who regularly meeting with people from the club to discuss non-football related matters, such as the temperature of the beer to the stewarding arragements and everything in between.

In the last few meetings the Fans Forum have discussed various matters, including the process the club follows in appointing management positions, the Annual General Meeting of minority shareholders, arrangements for the upcoming home matches against Burnley & Leeds, concerns raised over stewarding at away matches, issues regarding travel arrangements for the Disabled Supporters Association, how the club could bring different fan groups together...

So I'd say (and of course I would) slightly more than the temperature of beer and a like.

:rover:

In the last few meetings the Fans Forum have discussed various matters, including the process the club follows in appointing management positions, the Annual General Meeting of minority shareholders, arrangements for the upcoming home matches against Burnley & Leeds, concerns raised over stewarding at away matches, issues regarding travel arrangements for the Disabled Supporters Association, how the club could bring different fan groups together...

So I'd say (and of course I would) slightly more than the temperature of beer and a like.

:rover:

what is your recommended temperature of the beer?(i find its way way to cold at Ewood) and while i'm at it is it necessary

for the pies to be so hot(seriously ill buy one at halve time and it takes at least 30 minutes to cool down to an edible temperature).

Totally off topic but ... Fife was it you mentioned on the radio this morning at around 4am on Alex lester ?

Not being around at 4am on any day, and never having even heard of Alex lester, I can't really comment. But I very much doubt it.

Just as a matter of interest what was said that would lead to your question?

Not being around at 4am on any day, and never having even heard of Alex lester, I can't really comment. But I very much doubt it.

Just as a matter of interest what was said that would lead to your question?

He was talking life and stuff and people get in touch with him and a fife rover was mentioned . Thought it may have been you ha . Wasn't anything bad .

Archived