BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Would losing to Burnley spell the end for Venkys?

TBTF

Losing to Burnley might not be a bad thing !

A loss could prove the catalyst for many things.

The darkest hour is just before the dawn !

We live in hope that soon we will be rid of, IMO, the circus clowns of Venky's, Singh, Shaw & Agnew.

I think only then will our club stop regressing at breakneck speed.

Losing to Burnley might not be a bad thing !

A loss could prove the catalyst for many things.

The darkest hour is just before the dawn !

We live in hope that soon we will be rid of, IMO, the circus clowns of Venky's, Singh, Shaw & Agnew.

I think only then will our club stop regressing at breakneck speed.

Such as ?

Such as ?

If we win, the euphoria will only paper over the cracks.

A loss will put the stark reality of our demise into even sharper focus.

I think our present position is unsustainable financially with 8,000ish now representative of the core support. I think the pressure of a defeat, a humiliating one would perhaps be 'better', would just about get the club to 'tipping point'. Something would have to happen.

If we win, the euphoria will only paper over the cracks.

A loss will put the stark reality of our demise into even sharper focus.

I think our present position is unsustainable financially with 8,000ish now representative of the core support. I think the pressure of a defeat, a humiliating one would perhaps be 'better', would just about get the club to 'tipping point'. Something would have to happen.

I think you're getting carried away. This is just another match - to the owners it does not mean a jot if we win or lose.

I suspect they will wait for a few years until the parachute payments finish and then make a decision what to do - if anything at all.

I think you're getting carried away. This is just another match - to the owners it does not mean a jot if we win or lose.

I suspect they will wait for a few years until the parachute payments finish and then make a decision what to do - if anything at all.

A humiliating defeat to Burnley will only crank up the pressure on Venky's. Ewood would be horrid for the rest of the season. I think you are understating the impact of what a defeat could mean.

If we play a longball game again Appleton has admonished himself from blame.

It's all the fans fault for making them abandon their expansive game

“Sometimes where the fans might want the ball to go forward quicker, we have to be brave and patient and get the ball into wide areas before we get the ball into the box."

A humiliating defeat to Burnley will only crank up the pressure on Venky's. Ewood would be horrid for the rest of the season. I think you are understating the impact of what a defeat could mean.

How would the pressure be "cranked up" on Venky's ? By whom and how ? Fans' protests so far have been ineffective so far.

Ewood would be "horrid" but we have absentee owners who live in India. Why do you think they care ?

We approach Sunday on the back of our lowest crowd for 15 years, have failed to score in 6 out of or last 7 games and can barely put 11 fit blokes on the field.The manager appears sadly lacking in any tactical or recruitment nous despite sympathy for what he has inherited and some honest talk(maybe too honest??) . We haven't lost to the dingles for well over 30 years but in all honesty if they dont do it now , then they never will.I know they are rubbish but so are most of the teams we have lost to recently.

With that kind of form in mind, knowing football it's probably got a Blackburn victory written all over it. Though Burnley have been very poor of late too. It's not going to be a classic game this weekend that's for sure.

I presume it would hit them in the gate receipts even harder.

Rovers profit and loss must be looking absolutely horrendous about now.

I think the only thing these people will really understand is money. If they keep on losing it hand over fist then they have to consider selling. Or at least administration.

They will leave, when all the fans stop going to Ewood, and stop buying merchandise which in turn keeps on putting cash in their pockets. stop the cash flow to them, which in turn would probably mean administration and relegation for us, but would probably end it for them.

Jim, i would say that this match, has probably turned into just another match for us fans as well. By the looks of it, and by reading the comments, the big anticipation around this derby game is nowhere to be seen.

• Moderation Lead

Because it's a lovely place to be at the moment??

Defeat on Sunday as Stuart said, will keep a few more '000 away from Ewood next year. Season ticket sales will struggle to get to 5k, and matchday walkons will be very few. Not that it will mean the remaining will see short queues for refreshments and they will close down all but 1 pre stand. Thinking about it, they will probably close a stand or 2.

It is so, so important we do not lose on Sunday. Think about how ugly things got at the end of the Wigan game, and that was only Latics, their fans were only interested in celebrating them staying up. If there's 3-4000 Dingles dancing about taunting us, screaming 'going down going down' waving pro-venkys banners, and the performance is as bad as last week and on Wednesday, then I can see fans reacting like they did at Wigan at home last season, but probably a lot worse.

You can tell I've already had nightmares about this scenario...

Defeat on Sunday as Stuart said, will keep a few more '000 away from Ewood next year. Season ticket sales will struggle to get to 5k, and matchday walkons will be very few. Not that it will mean the remaining will see short queues for refreshments and they will close down all but 1 pre stand. Thinking about it, they will probably close a stand or 2.

Well if getting beaten by your local rivals means you don't go anymore it's a poor do. Everyone gets beaten by their rivals at some stage......it's normal. i think some people need a reality check. it's one thing boycotting, but another deserting them based on one defeat.

Well if getting beaten by your local rivals means you don't go anymore it's a poor do. Everyone gets beaten by their rivals at some stage......it's normal. i think some people need a reality check. it's one thing boycotting, but another deserting them based on one defeat.

You really think that? One defeat?

We have been sinking from new low to new low. For some losing to Bumley will be the final straw. And there have been a lot of final straws over the last couple of years.

For others relegation to League One will be the final straw.

Patronising though I am (!), I don't blame anyone for being sick and fed up of Rovers in the Venkys era error.

You really think that? One defeat?

We have been sinking from new low to new low. For some losing to Bumley will be the final straw. And there have been a lot of final straws over the last couple of years.

For others relegation to League One will be the final straw.

Patronising though I am (!), I don't blame anyone for being sick and fed up of Rovers in the Venkys era error.

I really hope it wouldn't be based on one defeat, Stuart. I would hope that by simply getting beaten by your rivals doesn't result in people turning their back on their club. There are far more deserving reasons, in my book, to have done it already.

Theres some big money for Venkys to make out of Rovers come this summer, so, just dont understand when fans think it maybe the end of them this summer as the summer after this one there will still be a handsome sum for Venkys to collect on behalf of Blackburn Rovers football club.

Theres some big money for Venkys to make out of Rovers come this summer, so, just dont understand when fans think it maybe the end of them this summer as the summer after this one there will still be a handsome sum for Venkys to collect on behalf of Blackburn Rovers football club.

JAL, I really can't see where you see that coming from?

From where I'm sat the orange has been well and truly wrung dry already. Finances to or from the club can only be going one way and that's out of India.

Please enlighten me if I'm wrong in my assumption

Archived