BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Would losing to Burnley spell the end for Venkys?

TBTF

On numerous occasions this year (and indeed the last 2 1/2 yrs) we have got to a point where we all thoughts things could not get any worse.Sadly , it appears we were all misguided in any glimmer of optimism we may have had. 5 managers, the worst playing squad we have had in many many years, funded by the biggest budget the Championship has probably ever seen.We are owned by clowns, run by clowns and represented on the field largely by clowns.Little wonder then that the Club is bleeding cash at a rate that is totally unsustainable whoever your owners are.

We approach Sunday on the back of our lowest crowd for 15 years, have failed to score in 6 out of or last 7 games and can barely put 11 fit blokes on the field.The manager appears sadly lacking in any tactical or recruitment nous despite sympathy for what he has inherited and some honest talk(maybe too honest??) . We haven't lost to the dingles for well over 30 years but in all honesty if they dont do it now , then they never will.I know they are rubbish but so are most of the teams we have lost to recently.

Defeat on Sunday. aside from the gut wrenching that would go with it, firmly puts us in the heat of a relegation dogfight with some horrible games to come.For the record , i don't think we will go down but to be even talking this way makes you wonder just what we have turned into as a club.

The funds required to turn this round and pay off all the chancers and cheats on our playing staff and replace with quality will probably need another £30m throwing at it and you have to wonder whether thats within Venkys range .This must surely by now be sounding some alarm bells in Pune however much money they have .It would also appear to be well beyond the scope of the Trust and the likes of the 2 Ians.

Trying to sell season tickets to what we now must assume is a fan base of 8000 (not the 13500 they keep trying to lie to us about) will be the most horrendous exercise as we go into the last meaningful period of parachute payments.

Is it just possible that come May 2013, the keys will come over the wall when they effectively announce that there is no more Venkys money??

I hate myself but you half wonder if losing to Burnley on Sunday will complete the exorcism Appleton referred to recently.It might even be worth the pain.Like i say, i hate myself.

During their calamitous reign, Venky's have inflicted a series of new lows upon the club. It would be rather fitting to lose to Burnley and see that last vestige of pride remaining within our fanbase snatched away by their incompetence.

More pertinent might be:

"Would Venkys getting Rovers back to the Premier League be ENOUGH for people to forgive them".

Not on your Nelly

He was a good player Nelly, in traction one week and In Spurs starting eleven the week after :)

They've well and truly burnt their bridges with this kid, they've strangled the life out of he club, fans, community and fed us continuous BS from day one.

Time to dust off the Venky's out t-shirt :)

I wear mine with pride in the gym and on holidays, along with the Roverandout t-shirt.

In the gym :rock:

Time for a relaunched campaign to get rid of these goons.

After the burnley game I agree fully, nothing left to play for, turn up the heat.

Why would they care about losing to Burnley? They've probably never even heard of Burnley.

This club died the day a bunch of Indian chicken farmers took over, and if the walking zombie they call Blackburn Rovers gets stuffed 5-0 by Burnley, the Venkys will give not a flying toss.

Sad thing is, after 35 years as a fan, neither will I.

In the gym .

Somehow I expected such a comment from you Gav. I have been in training: pies, beer and red wine.....if it worked for Dunny then there is hope for me. Actually I will be on my jollies soon and when I am away I normally go on the wagon and visit the gym every morning prior to a breakfast of fruit and yogurt. When I return to "bullish!t corner" in the Oak you will be impressed by my stunning figure.

Time for a relaunched campaign to get rid of these goons.

But this is the thing - you can't 'get rid' of owners.

They own the club. It's theirs.

They will leave if/when they want to.

None of us like this arrangement, but these are the facts.

Exactly why would they walk now when they could potentially recoup what they paid out for Rhodes

When i said throw the keys in its a loose expression which basically infers that they will recoup what they can to pay down their bank debt in India and empty it out as far as possible.They then state they are not funding the club any more and leave it to the highest bidder if there is one or let it slide away

Exactly why would they walk now when they could potentially recoup what they paid out for Rhodes

Yup. It makes no sense for them to walk away while the parachute money is coming. I think they will exit around 2015.

The big question is if they throw more money at it. If they do it would seem utterly crazy as all the evidence points to them not knowing at all what they are doing and that they are losing money hand over fist. But then they might just go out and spend 20 million quid. Who knows, they are such an unpredictable mess.

If protests, negative press about them, relegation won't move them. I do not know what is left that could move them. Losing to dingles, would, be to them be just another defeat.

It appears venkys aim all along is to break up the fan base - then they can sell off what they want in time.

It'd spell the end for another batch of fans...

I might be one of em. No it won't spell the end of Venkys to them it will probably be another feathr in their cap. I just keep waiting for the day when they all remove their shirts etc to reveal to us all the Claret and Blue of the dingles. Now that would pale the flyover. I despise these idiots totally despise, I'll stop short of saying I hate them mostly cos I don't want the PC brigade lecturing me.

Anywhow, something to think about. The last time dingles beat us at Ewood in the league did we not get relegated that same year?

There is money to cream off BRFC (Parachute payments + Player sales) and while that remains so the pillocks from Pune will continue without shame or remorse.

They have us by the balls so to speak!

Spot on

Archived