BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

I know the guy, personally think its a decent wind-up. If the boot was on the other foot we'd be laughing.

The car isnt his, its the companies.

Oh and he has passed on a faked letter from Rovers to The Sun confirming he is on the shortlist.

It is a decent wind up - but if he's written and passed a fake letter to the press we should do him for defamation just for the fun of it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 days after the sacking of Appleton and his backroom team, there is still no word on the club website about his replacement - temporary, or otherwise - but they have managed to find time to file a story about the young lads on loan - beggars belief! Is it any wonder fans are disengaging with the club when the club aren't engaging with the fans...

6 days after the sacking of Appleton and his backroom team, there is still no word on the club website about his replacement - temporary, or otherwise - but they have managed to find time to file a story about the young lads on loan - beggars belief! Is it any wonder fans are disengaging with the club when the club aren't engaging with the fans...

as if by magic : http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/gary-pledges-his-best-shot-732152.aspx :lol:

such a true and honest article....

but how can the venkys , Raos be so thick in every decision they've done since they took over , if they've been taken for a ride by certain agents , ex pundits turned advisors + directors ( without naming names ) why have they let themselves be taken as mugs by these people ? In business you can make mistakes , get mugged off , etc but you learn by your mistakes these half wits don't seem to learn...so obviously conspiracy theories will surface even if they can't be proved....

as for the authorities...lol...fit and proper ? the Venkys couldn't run a take away on Darwen street........

Guest Norbert

Might be waiting a while Jock, especially with Merson. He might have been blotto when he chipped in and thus may not remember it.

Guest Norbert

We'd never sign him. He has a full head of hair. Perhaps a Shearer/Dowie combination is being lined up after the great job they did at Newcastle. Or a clone of Yul Brynner.

We'd never sign him. He has a full head of hair. Perhaps a Shearer/Dowie combination is being lined up after the great job they did at Newcastle. Or a clone of Yul Brynner.

I hear Harry Hill is a strong favorite.

OK, thats one apology.

Still waiting for Moyes, Coyle, Merson, Nicholas, Lawrenson, Nixon, The Guardian to apologise.

Dont forget Matt Lawson of the Mail. @#/? @#/? every one of them.

Guest Norbert

I hear Harry Hill is a strong favorite.

I like the traditional 4-4-2 system with attacking wingers.....but then again I also like the newer 4-2-3-1 system with a play maker and attacking full backs. But which is best..........?

I like the traditional 4-4-2 system with attacking wingers.....but then again I also like the newer 4-2-3-1 system with a play maker and attacking full backs. But which is best..........?

Ideally you'd say either could work depending on the players, but it's becoming apparent that you can't compete at the top without five in the midfield. Pretty much every top side has transitioned to a one striker system because they need the extra help in the midfield. The game has just gotten so athletic that you can't be outnumbered 3-2 and have two out and out strikers that don't contribute anything outside of attacking. Even teams like Stoke and such have really started to play with one out and out striker.

Man U transitioned to it this year, with either Kagawa or Rooney behind RVP. If Sir Alex really chases a game, he'll bring on Chicharito or whatever, but if he's playing an equal side he uses the 4-2-3-1. Look throughout Europe. Do any top sides use two out and out strikers anymore? So at this point I think you'd have to say that unless you don't have the players to play it, the 4231, or 4-3-3, depending on what you call it, is the better option. At the championship level, however, with less skilled players, I guess 442 could work, but you'll still struggle to keep possession against the other good sides in the division.

Someone remind me, the letter shown to The Sun was confirmed as fake, right? So why have the published this today?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4859693/Burnley-fan-applies-for-Blackburn-joband-is-shortlisted.html

The Sun clearly wouldn't publish something that isn't correct, would it?

No, Bill; they've not done anything football-related like that since, ooh, let me think; April 1989. They'd certainly never dream of doing anything like that in the post-Leveson era. [switches irony filter off.]

Trueblue's right; I was listening to the review of the papers on the Radio 4 "Today" programme just over ½-hr ago and the presenters were p155ing themselves laughing at the "story" and, by implication, at what I used to proudly call This Great Club Of Ours.

Talk about how are the mighty fallen. :angry2:

You'd like to think that the club (Shagnew) would come out and dismiss these reports as unhelpful.

I guess they are assuming people will see it as an obvious spoof but...

I've had it mentioned to me twice already this morning. People think it's real unfortunately.

You'd like to think that the club (Shagnew) would come out and dismiss these reports as unhelpful.

I guess they are assuming people will see it as an obvious spoof but...

Why would Shagnew come out and dismiss it as a spoof? at the moment the fingers are all pointing at Singh, so obviously any story will be used as another Singh gaff, and along with many Rovers supporters pointing just in that direction Shagnew will carry on in the shadows doing what in one case has been doing for the last 28 possible more months , looking after no 1 at the expense of the club, but after hearing the Steve Kean radio love in, perhaps were all wrong about what a good job Venky's, The spiv , the kean and the Snake are doing and everything is Singhs fault.

Why would Shagnew come out and dismiss it as a spoof, at the moment the fingers are all pointing at Singh, so obviously any story will be used as another Singh gaff, and along with many Rovers supporters pointing just in that direction Shagnew will carry on in the shadows doing what in one case has doing for the last 28 possible more months , looking after no 1 at the expense of the club

Good point, well made.

Remind me, what is the point of role again...?

Agnew's? is is not Director of all things anti Venky's and Singh Operations ? and Ewood guardian of "The Plan"

Yeah, I meant as far as Venkys are concerned.

What are they paying him to do? Surely his PR experience was part of the whole package they contracted for?

Yeah, I meant as far as Venkys are concerned.

What are they paying him to do? Surely his PR experience was part of the whole package they contracted for?

Think they are paying to keep him quiet tbh, whilst he schemes and spins in the shadow on whose behalf is anyone's guess, one of the only survivors from pre takeover dear Paul, Kean cheerleader and protector , part of the Plan ? surely benefited from it, from contractor to the club to Director in the space of 20 months, paying his dues ?

Whether knowingly or otherwise think Venky's for all their faults have been led down certain paths which let's say are grey areas for a reputable business, maybe some people are aware of this and its information that is worth keeping out of the public domain and is very advantageous for some people.

Archived