BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutted. He was the only outstanding candidate for me. There are still good candidates out there, but a man who has four promotions in the last five seasons and does it whilst playing good football....could have been the solution to our on field problems. :(

This also means Reading will be a big threat next year. We could have done with them screwing up that appointment.

Gutted. He was the only outstanding candidate for me. There are still good candidates out there, but a man who has four promotions in the last five seasons and does it whilst playing good football....could have been the solution to our on field problems. :(

This also means Reading will be a big threat next year. We could have done with them screwing up that appointment.

If you are really gutted, LeC, then your expectations were too high.

We don't seem to want to employ anyone who would outrank Singh in terms of management experience. Appleton did that and look how that worked out.

If Singh is in charge of recruitment, it will surely be another novice.

• Backroom

Gutted because he was THE top realistic guy. Not surprised though. If I expect Judan Ali, surely they can only better that expectation with a Hughes or McDermott or DiCanio? Please Venkys?

Saw a report on SSN commending the work Edgar Davids as done at Barnet (40 points from 28 games) ,knowing our owners liking for inexperienced managers i wouldnt be surprised if he's being considered

Saw a report on SSN commending the work Edgar Davids as done at Barnet (40 points from 28 games) ,knowing our owners liking for inexperienced managers i wouldnt be surprised if he's being considered

Why? They've shown that they don't care for fancy names in charge. Quite the opposite in fact.

Aside from being an inexperienced manager, Davids would represent a change in selection policy and we have nothing to suggest Venky's will be doing taht the moment.

• Moderation Lead

Good news for me, I don't rate Adkins one bit.

4 promotions in 5 seasons, yep, he's terrible.

Why wasn't he a realistic choice ?

Because Venky's are our owners??

+

How do you know that ?

I don't know how Tom knows but I'm going off experience of the Venkys regime. They sacked our only credible manager and have never employed anyone with any real experience, quality or proved track record of success.

Adkins falls into the latter category.

I don't know how Tom knows but I'm going off experience of the Venkys regime. They sacked our only credible manager and have never employed anyone with any real experience, quality or proved track record of success.

Adkins falls into the latter category.

We're crying out for leadership at every level but how can Malky Mackay's success at Cardiff be explained when faced with similar, if not quite so ludicrous, issues as our own?

Archived