BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SGE is very close to Jerome Anderson, at least they were at City. Coyle is represented by Anderson. Why the hell do Rovers fans want that particular agent anywhere near Ewood again?

Isnt Bentley one of Jeromes.

What, and paying £8M for a striker and spunking £35,000 a week on wages for numerous players shouldn't put us at a significant financial advantage over our competitors?

I doubt there will be much left in the coffers come summertime.

I doubt there will be much left in the coffers come summertime.

I agree. We're a busted flush, surely.

Unless Mr B is weighing in some of his gold or selling his fleet of sports cars. Might give us another month.

Sven Goran Eriksson isn't cut out for this level imo. I think he once blamed snowy weather for his side getting tonked 3-0 while at Leicester. (The guy is Scandinavian.)

Is there a pool of managers that hardly anyone could disagree with that could be submitted to Shebby Singh, Derek Shaw or Paul Agnew by anyone who has their respective ears?

My own personal short list would consist of Adkins, Hughes, Curbishley and Di Canio. I appreciate Di Canio isn't everyone's cup of tea so that leaves Adkins, Hughes and Curbishley in the "no-one could complain at that" category imo.

If Billy Davies was still available I'd have put him in that category as well.

Any others in that mould in people's opinion? (Available and realistic(ish)

• Backroom

My own personal short list would consist of Adkins, Hughes, Curbishley and Di Canio. I appreciate Di Canio isn't everyone's cup of tea so that leaves Adkins, Hughes and Curbishley in the "no-one could complain at that" category imo.

You've been a member here long enough to know there is no such thing as a "no-one could complain" category :lol:

Exactly, "Adkins is an over-promoted physio, Hughes is past it and Curbishley is a dinosaur".

Even with Billy Davies, some thought he wasn't a big enough name for us.

If we were to hire Mourinho or Guardiola, some would complain that they don't know enough about the C'ship or are only good managers when they manage very good players. Honestly, I genuinely believe some on here would moan about it.

Is there a pool of managers that hardly anyone could disagree with that could be submitted to Shebby Singh, Derek Shaw or Paul Agnew by anyone who has their respective ears?

Brian McDermott would be hovering around that category too. Did brilliantly to get Reading up on a modest budget and gave them a fighting chance of PL survival with a squad that, on individual talent, should be nowhere near.

Singh is clearly running the show now, the chuckle brothers have had their moment in the limelight and blew it. So expect someone like Peter Taylor, Singh was taken with him last time around, but is he really better than Appleton? He's certainly no disciplinarian and thats what we need....

I'd like to see Tony Pulis at Stoke offered the job. A lot of stokies are annoyed at his tactics, but what division are they in & where did he start with them?

Ironically some would say that he mirrors Big Sam's tactics but, & it's a big BUT; before the chicken farmers ended Sam's contract, Blackburn Rovers were actually a Premier League club & doing alright thank you very much. I'd rather watch us in the PL mid table pushing for a Euro spot than where we are now. COYB!

If you can't find a larger type to use, you could at least attach a magnifying glass to your post. :blink:

We could do a lot worse than him. Wouldn't be against Owen Coyle at all. He did a very good job at Burnley, started well at Bolton but was unlucky with long term injuries to key players. If the likes of Holden and Chung Lee were fit last season I don't think Bolton would be in this division now. Has a good eye in the transfer market, bringing both Sturridge and Wilshire on loan to Bolton.

Likes to play an attractive brand of football which the owners apparently want. The likes of Adkins should be sounded out first though to see if they are remotely interested.

+100

Brian McDermott would be hovering around that category too. Did brilliantly to get Reading up on a modest budget and gave them a fighting chance of PL survival with a squad that, on individual talent, should be nowhere near.

Personally I don't get good vibes off McDermott. I don't know how he took them from nowhere on that once in a lifetime run to secure promotion last year but I get the sense it's a sort of inexplicable one off fluke that he's not likely to repeat anywhere else. Plus on a silly note would we have the guts to appoint someone else who was bald?

That's just my view though and I'd be happy to put him in that category. That's the idea, Adkins Hughes, Curbishley McDermott. Now we're cooking. Further suggestions welcome.

Perhaps I should have said managers "almost" anyone would be happy with. Doubt anyone would attract the support of everyone. Was it you who suggested that Guardiola wouldn't be best suited to Championship football? I know someone did. Apologies if it wasn't you. Hee hee.

Perhaps I should have said managers "almost" anyone would be happy with. Doubt anyone would attract the support of everyone. Was it you who suggested that Guardiola wouldn't be best suited to Championship football? I know someone did. Apologies if it wasn't you. Hee hee.

It was me but I wasn't saying I believed that, just some people would moan no matter which manager was appointed.

Personally I don't get good vibes off McDermott. I don't know how he took them from nowhere on that once in a lifetime run to secure promotion last year but I get the sense it's a sort of inexplicable one off fluke that he's not likely to repeat anywhere else. Plus on a silly note would we have the guts to appoint someone else who was bald?

That's just my view though and I'd be happy to put him in that category. That's the idea, Adkins Hughes, Curbishley McDermott. Now we're cooking. Further suggestions welcome.

Sounds like something I might be stubborn enough to argue, but I don't recall doing so. I think I remember reading it.

I had the same reservations about McDermott and that mircale run as well, but he set them up so well this season that he won over. By rights that squad should be competing with the Derbys and Sunderlands of years gone by for record low PL points.

I think it's always worth taking note if a manager is dismissed against the fans' wishes. Not very often the supporters of a club are wrong about their own manager. Reading fans obviously had faith in him to take them back up.

Archived