BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't. At all. Think along the lines of Graham Westley, Paul Dickov and Leam Richardson.

Westley, christ, that's a worrying thought with Shaw Agnew and the PNE connection.

That would be on a par with the Appleton appointment.

Wasn't he the dude who caused controversy by texting his players his thoughts on team selection and tactics at 3 or 4 am in the morning or something?

And John Coleman.

Forgot about him but will be on the short list along with Micky Mellon.

Westley, christ, that's a worrying thought with Shaw Agnew and the PNE connection.

That would be on a par with the Appleton appointment.

Wasn't he the dude who caused controversy by texting his players his thoughts on team selection and tactics at 3 or 4 am in the morning or something?

Seem to recall something like that. A total plank by all accounts so should fit in.

Brother in law is a nob ender and some of the stories about Westley's methods think he's crackers enough to be employed by Venky's , He would also be use to working at a club currently like Rovers , lots of leaks from the inside etc and i quote "It doesn't surprise me. When you have got people in your own camp working against you it is tough".

The Wenkys should appoint from within their Chicken XPRS chain or whatever it's called...manager of the month gets a 3 month trial at Ewood...

Every time I see a post by this lovely lady I wonder where Roversmum is...Have the evil family locked her up in some Pune asylum?

She's around - I have her on Facebook - just not on here any more

Blimey chaddy I know you're still smarting that your man Appleton got the chop but any sort of suggestion that we're interested in a credible manager such as Adkins can only be a good thing.

Not that that is any sort of guarantee it will happen mind.

what this is Rovers and Shebby. wouldnt trust them to make any decisions correct.

Shebby will choose someone he can work with but not the best man for the job.

Glen has acted with dignity.

Glen Mullan has done excellent work and I agree many things he has done. But dont trust Shebby and either should GM.

Poyet given permission to speak to Reading. I hear they want Adkins to replace him if Poyet goes.

If we are serious about Adkins then we may have to make our move sooner than the summer.

Shebby/Rovers will mess up if they are not alright speaking to Adkins and his agent right now

We are toxic waste now. No manager with even a modicum of credibility will come near us and that is the real tragedy here. With each screw up and disasterous decision they are doing irreparable damage.

Its a downward spiral that can only end in a sale of the club or administration.

Don't forget Garry Flitcroft and Peter Taylor were mooted as being some of Shebby's best pals before Appleton was appointed.

I'm genuinely @#/? myself about who the Malaysian mesiah will pick.

And me.

I may be wrong but i think Peter Taylor has just been appointed England U20's coach. Garry is just a poor man's Dave these days! That just leaves literally hundreds of talentless idiots for Shebby to appoint. I'm sure he'll find the worst of the lot. He's a shyte magnet.

Contemplating sending in an application just for the hell of it. Probably more likely to get the job than anyone we would want anyway...

Just you hang back a minute......I was right in the middle of writing my application, and I have just the essential qualification for the job.......no hair!!

expect Murphy to become player/coach next summer.

I reckon if Bowyer doesnt want the job then we will end with someone like Sven or McClaren as manager with Murphy on coaching staff.

I would like to someone like Hughes or Adkins in but doubt it. either manager would be popular with fans.

I'd like to see Tony Pulis at Stoke offered the job. A lot of stokies are annoyed at his tactics, but what division are they in & where did he start with them?

Ironically some would say that he mirrors Big Sam's tactics but, & it's a big BUT; before the chicken farmers ended Sam's contract, Blackburn Rovers were actually a Premier League club & doing alright thank you very much. I'd rather watch us in the PL mid table pushing for a Euro spot than where we are now. COYB!

Poyet given permission to speak to Reading. I hear they want Adkins to replace him if Poyet goes.

If we are serious about Adkins then we may have to make our move sooner than the summer.

Correct on both points.

Actually, Steve Taylor and Gary Filtcrot weren't considered. If I recall, before Shaw surprised us with the Appleton appointment, Shebby Singh was looking at Sean O'Discroll (the former Nottingham Forest manager), Gus Poyet and even Sven Erikson. There were quite a few people on here who didn't want Erikson, but on hindsight I wish he had been appointed instead of Appleton.

Archived