BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main criteria must be that whoever it is has hair, I'm sick of these bald headed slapheads being in charge. You never achieve anything without hair, it's a well known fact.

guardiola2.jpg

Remember when someone put his name forward on here haha.

Completely agree. A lot of excuses being made for Appleton that were not being made for Berg.

Correct.

Given this another manager, and another backroom team need paying off, Id expect we have little money to pay a new manager, so Im not getting my hopes up on who its likely to be.

One good thing to come out of this is that Nigel Adkins is now available. His was the first name I thought of this morning after receiving the first of several texts following Appleton's departure.

He fits the bill perfectly. Young, ambitious, experienced (relatively), intelligent and has played the game. He would probably have to be given a lucrative contract and time tthe job here, given he would be working for the lunes. Would said lunes or their lackeys have the nouse to realise Adkins is the man?

Despite Venky's we are still (just about) a high profile club but we won't be for long. Football management is a complete merry go round at the moment and full of second and third rate candidates. Adkins is one of very few exceptions to that. Let's see if anyone inside Ewood knows how to go about getting him.

That magical list that Shebby made before appointing Berg...Adkins ticks every single box. I can't believe I'm looking to Shebby for sense, but if he has any involvement surely Adkins is on the radar?

From the five seasons between 2006-2007 and 2011-2012 season he has been promoted four times. That's an oustanding record by anyone's standard.

Just had a text from someone I know who knows one of the players. He says he's had a tip from said player as to next permanent manager.

Won't tell me who it is, (I know who the player is but not Mr. X.)

He could be on a total wind up but also said Mr. X was spotted at the game Sunday. Anyone see anyone?

Michael Appleton?

Nicko has just tweet expect the unexpected

when I ask will Boywer been the next perm rovers manager and for next season.

I expect if Shebby is picking it to be either Carlos Queiroz or Sven.

Has DJ Campbell been sent back to his club ?

If I've learnt anything from the chicken chokers past history it's they do the opposite of what ever they say - expect a new manager to be in charge by April 1 st.

And then announce it was a joke by lunchtime whilst thumbing their nose at the same time!!

• Backroom

If I've learnt anything from the chicken chokers past history it's they do the opposite of what ever they say - expect a new manager to be in charge by April 1 st.

Perfect timing, April Fools Day. Except it'll be no joke.

Paul Dickov really wouldn't surprise me

Neither would Owen Coyle. Surprise me that is, I can't speak for you Tom.

Having said that why am I either debating it? They'll just do the usual, mince about for weeks on end, the betting markets will have a clear favourite for a bit, then after a few more weeks they'll get their man - a rank inexperienced outsider. And someone somewhere in the world will make a few quid on a "lucky" bet.

Surely no one on here expects the owners to make a decent appointment.

Two and a half years in and every single decision they have made has been a disaster.

It really must have taken a lot of planning to put this con together, you would think they would have got at least one thing right by mistake.

Having said that why am I either debating it? They'll just do the usual, mince about for weeks on end, the betting markets will have a clear favourite for a bit, then after a few more weeks they'll get their man - a rank inexperienced outsider. And someone somewhere in the world will make a few quid on a "lucky" bet.

Owen Coyle would be great and, as a Ribble Valley resident, he would be a good fit.

That having being said, I would be absolutely astounded if Coyle agreed to work for these barmpots.

Funny enough, saw his name in the betting odds and thought they wouldn't dare would they. Still it would quash all the rumours when he gets a 25 year contract and "sacked" at the end of the season :)

• Backroom

Tom,your Avatar would be a perfect choice for Venky's.

Quite fittingly on the way to India Andy cryer met us at the airport with a photographer for a quick chat and a photo, a bit later I was chatting with Ste and Glenn and Ste pointed out my t shirt and started laughing, I hadn't done it intentionally but this is what I was wearing

t-shirt-mickey-mouse-club-outline-junk-f

Couldn't have been more on target if I tried

Archived