BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adkins is an overpromoted kit man/physio (whicever he was).

Why on earth does it matter what he was? He took Southampton to back-to-back promotions and had them comfortable in the Premier League playing good football. Stupid post.

Bowyer is seemingly in charge until the end of the season. Does that mean we won't start looking for a permanent manager (Allowing Bowyer to make a claim for the job) until then, or does it mean we'll try and find one now but only have him start once the season is over?

All I will say on this is you can NEVER second guess this mob. If they've said that Bowyer is in charge for the rest of the season then expect an appointment imminently.

Why on earth does it matter what he was? He took Southampton to back-to-back promotions and had them comfortable in the Premier League playing good football. Stupid post.

No, it's not.

It matters because he's not a football manager, got found out after a good run and will continue to be found out at his next club.

We've had enough pretenders trying to be a manager at our club, we need the real deal next time.

I can't believe some of the names being mentioned. How can anyone (who hasn't just landed on Earth) believe we will be getting anyone credible?

What is this optimism based on?

Absolutely Stuart :tu:

Shebby wanted Peter Taylor didn't he, lordy lordy :(

No, it's not.

It matters because he's not a football manager, got found out after a good run and will continue to be found out at his next club.

We've had enough pretenders trying to be a manager at our club, we need the real deal next time.

Got found out? Not a football manager? The man has been promoted FOUR times in six years. He's managed over 300 games in English football.

Southampton were comfortably above the relegation zone. He wasn't found out at all. In fact, I think Southampton were higher when he left than they are now.

No, it's not.

Not sure about that, he did well enough at Scunthorpe to earn the job at Saints and did ridiculously well there too.

Other than Allardyce, I can't remember the last time we appointed anyone as well qualified.

All I will say on this is you can NEVER second guess this mob. If they've said that Bowyer is in charge for the rest of the season then expect an appointment imminently.

My thoughts exactly

• Backroom

I honestly think if its another Shebby puppet it will be the end for me

Can't bare to see him on TV and stuff again ill just try and disconnect myself from the club

Di Canio for me too. Says exactly what he wants about players not performing, tells owners and directors exactly what they are doing wrong. He has more fire in his belly than all our last 6 managers put together. However he is as mad as a sack full of badgers, has hair on his head and knows how to get a team winning so wouldn't fit venkys selection criteria. The circus would be at least more entertaining with Di Canio as a side show, whilst the clowns that own us and the clowns in the boardroom are still here.

Nigel Adkins - good manager was doing well at Southampton, treated badly by them and is used to working with an idiot(s) on the board. No chance of him coming anywhere near us imho.

McDermott - bald, Say no more....

We have had the promoted no mark coach, the ex player and had the 'supposed' up and coming brightest young thing so far this season - what next?

I expect to be completely underwhelmed again.

And here we go again. Sensible suggestions being put forth by the fans but deep down we all know that names like Adkins, Hughes or Curbishley either: A. won't even consider coming here B. won't be considered for the post by the gruesome threesome

Best we can hope for is probably Bowyer for the rest of the season, but I won't hold my breath. A name absolutely noone expected will probably pop up and be appointed and the decline will continue. On the other hand - if you have a magic ball and can predict who it might be there might be some serious cash to be won!

People are dreaming for Di Canio. He is a very good manager who deserves to manage a Premiership team.

We'll probably get another complete loser who will work for little salary and won't know what he's doing. Venkys will be motivated and determined to prove to us that it actually gets worse than Kean, Bern, and Appleton.

Archived