BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who will we be able to attract in the 3rd Division? All the names we would want wouldn't be interested. I can see us going bust as relegation, which is a distinct possibility, will make even these morons realise that they have made a mess of things and they'll want a way of getting out without putting any more money in. Might have to bring in a short term crisis manager to steer us through Administration.....like Michael Appleton for instance.

The main criteria must be that whoever it is has hair, I'm sick of these bald headed slapheads being in charge. You never achieve anything without hair, it's a well known fact.

Jean - Luc Picard's not doing a bad job

Edit- oops great minds reidy

It has to be Shebby, at least as caretaker until the end of the season.

1. As a football manager he can't be any worse than any of the recent rabble.

2. He'd be well motivated because he'd be putting his global reputation on the line rather than him being some overpromoted lackey who's expected to fail.

3. He might actually succeed, in which case it would completely turn around the fans' perception of our misunderstood owners.

4. He'd give great interviews - you'd never hear him saying, "The lads gave it 110%" or "There were plenty of positives in this 2-0 defeat".

5. He has excellent hair.

Shebby for manager!

2. He'd be well motivated because he'd be putting his global reputation on the line rather than him being some overpromoted lackey who's expected to fail.

3. He might actually succeed, in which case it would completely turn around the fans' perception of our misunderstood owners.

4. He'd give great interviews - you'd never hear him saying, "The lads gave it 110%" or "There were plenty of positives in this 2-0 defeat".

Shebby for manager!

Find a new sport to follow.

Gary Bowyer will be the next Permanent Rovers manager next season if Venkys n Shebby are still by the time next season starts.

With Shebby as director of Football Operations manager

Strange, you "fully expected" Appleton to still be here next season and dross like Campbell to be signed up permanently a few days ago as I recall!.

Shebby for manager!

He'll have to get some players called Robbie in(eg Blake, Fowler etc) to avoid any confusion when he's giving his team talks.

"Now I'm telling you this Robbie".

Gary Bowyer will be the next Permanent Rovers manager next season if Venkys n Shebby are still by the time next season starts.

With Shebby as director of Football Operations manager

Thought Bowyer was adamant he didn't want the job full time.

It doesn't even matter who we appoint, nobody will be given enough time to rip the club apart and be left alone to do what they think is required.

My choice would be Kelly Brook purely to make going to Ewood bearable again.

Strange, you "fully expected" Appleton to still be here next season and dross like Campbell to be signed up permanently a few days ago as I recall!.

I was fully behind Appleton. He was sorting a proper scouting network n sport science back in place like we used to have it under Hughes n Big Sam.

you cant sacking managers after a couple of months. we wont get promote this way.

The club is a bloody joke.

He'll have to get some players called Robbie in(eg Blake, Fowler etc) to avoid any confusion when he's giving his team talks.

"Now I'm telling you this Robbie".

I think this could work.

Most managers get the job because they're former players, which is why most managers get sacked after two months. They're completely unqualified. Sure, they may have been able to run around and kick a ball hard a few years before, but to other footballers they're just some old has-been in a suit. No wonder they always fail.

Shebby, though, has none of that baggage. He could be like Arsene Wenger, perhaps. Wenger was a bit of a joke when he first arrived, but Arsenal fans certainly aren't laughing now.

Mourinho started out as Bobby Robson's translator. Nigel Adkins spent years scooping turds off the Southampton training ground before being put in charge of the team, and that went quite well for a while.

I hope the owners are reading this and taking notes, because I want them to realise that the answer to their prayers may already be working at Ewood Park and doing a great job that's very much appreciated by the fans.

Shebby. Not Danny Murphy - he's the antichrist. Shebby.

I think this could work.

Most managers get the job because they're former players, which is why most managers get sacked after two months. They're completely unqualified. Sure, they may have been able to run around and kick a ball hard a few years before, but to other footballers they're just some old has-been in a suit. No wonder they always fail.

Shebby, though, has none of that baggage. He could be like Arsene Wenger, perhaps. Wenger was a bit of a joke when he first arrived, but Arsenal fans certainly aren't laughing now.

Mourinho started out as Bobby Robson's translator. Nigel Adkins spent years scooping turds off the Southampton training ground before being put in charge of the team, and that went quite well for a while.

I hope the owners are reading this and taking notes, because I want them to realise that the answer to their prayers may already be working at Ewood Park and doing a great job that's very much appreciated by the fans.

Shebby. Not Danny Murphy - he's the antichrist. Shebby.

You've won me round.

I was fully behind Appleton. He was sorting a proper scouting network n sport science back in place like we used to have it under Hughes n Big Sam.

you cant sacking managers after a couple of months. we wont get promote this way.

The club is a bloody joke.

I think that's the most negative post I've ever read from you, although you get a fair bit of stick on here for having different views a lot of the time, I admire your optimism normally. Bad times indeed :(

For me even a combined management team of Ferguson and Morinho would make no headway whilst the circus behind the scenes prevails.

Pointless to me debating who next as manager until that shower is sorted out.

That'd probably be awful.

Archived