BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They wouldn't dare would they ? Well they might not but would an advisor?

Both David Dunn (16/1)and Danny Murphy (14/1) on the list, as somebody said above , odds not long enough for an appointment

Steve kean is the name at the bottom of the page.

Shebby will go for Billy McKinaly or Peter Taylor.

would like either Adkins or Curbs but why would they come to work for Shebby or venkys.

£££££££££££££££

Holy Christ can you imagine? Would put nothing past Venkys though.

Like many I am not even going to second guess who they will appoint next, one thing I would be sure on is that Bowyer will not be in charge for the rest of the season.

Why would Adkins want to put his reputation at risk by coming to work for these clowns? He wouldn't, come the summer he will have the pick of better jobs than Rovers.

We had our chance when Kean was sacked, and between them Shebby and Shagnew blew it. With what has happened over the last few months no decent manager would take the job, so we are left with desperados or getting lucky with an up and coming manager.

When we signed Murphy I thought ey up, past his sell by date but is he going to be waiting in the wings to take over from Kean. It never happened of course but given his poor performances(They have been poor on the whole but defiantly got worse) under Appleton and the subsequent falling out, his wife's deleted Twitter saying that the supporters don't know what is going on who knows. Currently at 14-1 and would be very unpopular with the fans so who knows :(

Some right dollopers and a few obvious non starters on the list. Obviously a case of the bookies not having a clue and just sticking down anyone with a pulse who might be available.

Thank heavens Black slagged the owners off at the weekend. Hopefully that will have p***** on his particular chips.

Maybe it's time for the owners to take heed of the opininon of the fans as a whole as we did when there was a poll before Hughes was appointed. People who've been watching the game for years aren't as stupid as football professionals woulod have you believe. If most people think the shortlist should consist of people like Hughes Curbishley, Adkins, Di Canio and not Kevin McDonald Judan Ali Peter Taylor etc there's probably something in it.

The only certainty is that it's going to be someone young, inexperienced and cheap. My money is on either someone not mentioned yet so a left field appointment or Bowyer. With Venky's track record and the individuals at the club you can't have any confidence in them that they are going to make a good decision - they haven't yet.

What would I do? Go for an experienced manager someone like Hughes or Curbs and offer them a short-term contract (if they want one- gives them the flexibility to leave if it doesn't work out) with a large bonus for promotion.

Archived