BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

• Backroom

Actually, Steve Taylor and Gary Filtcrot weren't considered. If I recall, before Shaw surprised us with the Appleton appointment, Shebby Singh was looking at Sean O'Discroll (the former Nottingham Forest manager), Gus Poyet and even Sven Erikson. There were quite a few people on here who didn't want Erikson, but on hindsight I wish he had been appointed instead of Appleton.

Are you Shebby Singh? I can't think of any other reason why someone would so frequently leap to his defence

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, Steve Taylor and Gary Filtcrot weren't considered. If I recall, before Shaw surprised us with the Appleton appointment, Shebby Singh was looking at Sean O'Discroll (the former Nottingham Forest manager), Gus Poyet and even Sven Erikson. There were quite a few people on here who didn't want Erikson, but on hindsight I wish he had been appointed instead of Appleton.

Once any pedigree manager speaks to Shebby they will realize he wants to pull the strings, hence we will end up with a grateful nobody.

I had a decent wedge on Murphy becoming manager after Kean (or Berg, can't remember which) left, following some info I'd been passed.

Apparently it was on the cards from the moment he signed, but for whatever reason it didn't happen.

Maybe now is the time...?

I had a decent wedge on Murphy becoming manager after Kean (or Berg, can't remember which) left, following some info I'd been passed.

Apparently it was on the cards from the moment he signed, but for whatever reason it didn't happen.

Given his lackadaisical attitude to playing what makes you think this would change with a promotion?

I wonder what the rest of the fans would do if he was named?

Hand grenade time.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Coyle appointed sooner rather than later, initially until end of season and then on longer term contract if we stay up.

Are you Shebby Singh? I can't think of any other reason why someone would so frequently leap to his defence

So frequently? That was my first or second post in this thread and I wasn't even defending him. Just pointing out that the Filtcroft and Taylor news were less valid than the Poyet, Erikson and O'Discroll ones. Believe whatever you want, but everyone seems to remember about the first two and forget about the later three so I thought I would bring them up.

And then I got accused of defending Shebby Singh so frequently despite that being my first or second post here?

I can't remember if it was this thread, but if that was my second the first was probably asking opinions about Rafael Benitez being the next manager (I think that was in the Shebby Singh thread though). I don't think I've actually defended him at all.

By the way, if I've been keeping count correctly, I think I've defended Glen a lot more. Does that mean I'm Glen's alternate account? -___-

I'd like to see Tony Pulis at Stoke offered the job. A lot of stokies are annoyed at his tactics, but what division are they in & where did he start with them?

Ironically some would say that he mirrors Big Sam's tactics but, & it's a big BUT; before the chicken farmers ended Sam's contract, Blackburn Rovers were actually a Premier League club & doing alright thank you very much. I'd rather watch us in the PL mid table pushing for a Euro spot than where we are now. COYB!

:blink::blink: On what planet do you think Pulis will leave well run, Premier League Stoke for Rovers? We may as well offer SAF the job.

I think it's best for me to leave like Glen if people start thinking I'm Shebby Singh.

I can see that my posts are not welcome here. Sorry for offending everyone with my seemingly snarky comments. I'll go back to globally advising and thinking of new ways of turning the club into a joke. Maybe even try chasing Benitez in Summer and getting the club humiliated further. Not to mention preparing another letter for my assistant to pass to the new manager the moment he doesn't win one out of ten games.

Time for me to fly back to Malaysia and continue the punditry,

Oh and as for the Steven Gerard being a right-back, I have another one. Louis Suarez is better off playing as a goalkeeper than a striker.

I'd like to see Tony Pulis at Stoke offered the job. A lot of stokies are annoyed at his tactics, but what division are they in & where did he start with them?

Ironically some would say that he mirrors Big Sam's tactics but, & it's a big BUT; before the chicken farmers ended Sam's contract, Blackburn Rovers were actually a Premier League club & doing alright thank you very much. I'd rather watch us in the PL mid table pushing for a Euro spot than where we are now. COYB!

I cant believe this hasn't had more responses. I'm fully with this bloke. I cant see any reason why Pulis wouldnt leave established Premier League side Stoke to join this nuthouse.

And why are you always on his back.. the guy is an idiot (based on listening to him), but your basing everything on rumours, personal theories and 'leaks' (from where we can only guess), he was instumental is killing off Kean that there is little doubt about and openly makes an ass out of himself by speaking what he feels (and more often that not this board has already said as much.. MGP and Dunn as examples), at least he isn't a backstabbing silent type like certain people.

I cant believe this hasn't had more responses. I'm fully with this bloke. I cant see any reason why Pulis wouldnt leave established Premier League side Stoke to join this nuthouse.

Don't worry, he'll be forced out of Stoke the same way I made Steve Kean's position untenable. :lol:

Scrumpy is one hell of a drink.

Hand grenade time.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Coyle appointed sooner rather than later, initially until end of season and then on longer term contract if we stay up.

Wouldn't be my first second or third choice but we could do a lot worse than that.

It'd also be worth it to see Nicko in such a huge dilemma. Get the impression he doesn't like the owners/Club now but I bet he'd start giving us some hugely positive coverage if his best bud and the new Bill shankly mk2 rolled up.

And you know this how?

Oh right, so he must also be Shebby Singh, right?

Shebby Singh...cough, cough, I mean me, have a lot of accounts in here. I'm surprised I have the free time to waste my time creating multiple accounts and spamming the messageboard instead of globally advising Rovers toward our imminent destruction.

I'm not sure about manager but I certainly think he could become part of the coaching set up. Think one of the reasons he joined Rovers over qpr was the suggestion of trying to get him involved in the coaching set up.

• Backroom

Oh right, so he must also be Shebby Singh, right?

Shebby Singh...cough, cough, I mean me, have a lot of accounts in here. I'm surprised I have the free time to waste my time creating multiple accounts and spamming the messageboard instead of globally advising Rovers toward our imminent destruction.

I didn't even hint at that, calm down Robbie

Hand grenade time.

We could do a lot worse than him. Wouldn't be against Owen Coyle at all. He did a very good job at Burnley, started well at Bolton but was unlucky with long term injuries to key players. If the likes of Holden and Chung Lee were fit last season I don't think Bolton would be in this division now. Has a good eye in the transfer market, bringing both Sturridge and Wilshire on loan to Bolton.

Likes to play an attractive brand of football which the owners apparently want. The likes of Adkins should be sounded out first though to see if they are remotely interested.

Archived