BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

• Backroom

Pepsi or Shirley?

You've hardly contradicted my assertion that he's not particularly liked by the fans, never mind respected. I've seen him refereed to as the 'toad' many times on WHU MB's. The internet can travel 230 miles in milliseconds. And if your 'former colleague' (real or imagined) is employed by WHU then Allardyce might have got him the job.

Might I ask why you feel the need to go on a WHU messageboard 'many times', if you're a Rovers fan?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sven ... don't know about 43% win rate, I guess that's a career figure. I bet he had nowhere near that at Leicester. Face it, he's had his day.

43% is exactly what Sven had at Leicester.

Indeed he did, well I never:

Leicester City October 2010 October 2011 55 24 14 17 43.64

very strange that he got binned, I guess he'd spent so much bloody money that they wanted to be riding high at the top of the table. I seem to remember they were just off the play-off's when he got sacked.

In any case, he'd certainly not leave his job in teh Middle East to come here, he's not mental.

• Backroom

Considering our last 3 managers, I don't know how any fan could afford to be choosy. Sven's an actual manager with a proven track record, something we've been missing since Allardyce was potted. I'd take him in a heartbeat, but I very much doubt he'd even entertain the idea.

Owen Coyle !!!!!!!!!!!!!! brilliant , then lets get the new Chris Smalling back and go back to happier times. Although would be tricky Derek sorting the paperwork out for Coyle would have to send him a picture so he knows who the agency is dealing with it , never met him apparently. 25 year contract with a sacking after 6 months paid up in full with "bonuses"?

Sven's better as a chequebook manager, God knows how he'd fare with this madhouse going on around him and a negative transfer budget.

Mind you, how many managers would fare well?

This whole discussion is rather pointless, because a) Venky's will appoint some yes-man clown or no-hoper; b.) it doesn't matter who the manager is, he would be massively handicapped by having to work within this dysfunctional structure; c) I can't think of a third reason, but it least it gives me the opportunity to say mrs Desai has crabs and smells of wee.

Having said all that, please not Owen Coyle.

But in any case, this is all null and void until Venky's go. Please, in the name of God, go

• Backroom

This whole discussion is rather pointless, because a) Venky's will appoint some yes-man clown or no-hoper; b.) it doesn't matter who the manager is, he would be massively handicapped by having to work within this dysfunctional structure; c) I can't think of a third reason, but it least it gives me the opportunity to say mrs Desai has crabs and smells of wee.

All true enough Bryan... but it's nice to pretend we might do something sensible, even if only for a brief moment :(

• Backroom

Don't worry, we could appoint José Mourinho and Phil would be on here with a conspiracy theory, BRFCAG would make a statement that would whip the usual suspects here into a frenzy no matter what it said, and Shebby would say something stupid that we'd all rage about. No need to panic.

I'll treat your response with the contempt it deserves you pompous half wit.

I'm deeply hurt. No need to be offensive.

Might I ask why you feel the need to go on a WHU messageboard 'many times', if you're a Rovers fan?

Just a general interest in football and a mate who's a Hammer. Can i still watch MOTD if Rovers aren't on?

• Backroom

Because Sven and Coyle are footy managers. Not that I particularly want anyone connected to Jerome around but I'd trust them a billion times over Kean. Kean was a slimeball.

Because Sven and Coyle are footy managers. Not that I particularly want anyone connected to Jerome around but I'd trust them a billion times over Kean. Kean was a slimeball.

Show me an example of the last time Sven was succesful at a club without a significant financial advantage on the other clubs in that league.

Don't we have a financial advantage over other clubs in this league?

Yea what DE said.

His last two managerial roles were Leicester and City. I read comments from Leicester fans saying he didn't know what was needed to win games in this league, or something very similar.

That's why I'm hesitant, well that and the fact he would just go through the motions and pick up his paycheck.

But I'm not being choosy anymore after the last three managers so I would welcome him here. But I wouldn't be happy if he was picked over Adkins or someone like that.

If they're employed by Rovers then Anderson will make money out of it. No Rovers fan should be happy with that. Coyle slagged the Rovers fans over our 'treatment' of Kean.

Adkins would be perfect. All the tossers running the club have to do is ask. If he says no then move on. Same with McDermott.

Archived