BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some right dollopers and a few obvious non starters on the list. Obviously a case of the bookies not having a clue and just sticking down anyone with a pulse who might be available.

Thank heavens Black slagged the owners off at the weekend. Hopefully that will have p***** on his particular chips.

Maybe it's time for the owners to take heed of the opininon of the fans as a whole as we did when there was a poll before Hughes was appointed. People who've been watching the game for years aren't as stupid as football professionals woulod have you believe. If most people think the shortlist should consist of people like Hughes Curbishley, Adkins, Di Canio and not Kevin McDonald Judan Ali Peter Taylor etc there's probably something in it.

Never stopped em hiring Henning

Nicko has just tweet expect the unexpected

when I ask will Boywer been the next perm rovers manager and for next season.

I expect if Shebby is picking it to be either Carlos Queiroz or Sven.

Well Duh!! Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out with this lot does it.

Shocked at how much interest already in the Rovers job by well known managers. You'd have thought nobody would touch us with a barge pole!

Not really, can there be a bigger challenge in football right now than to turn this lot around. What a feather in the cap of any manager who can get us back in the prem. Fixing the mightily dysfunctional BRFC would be huge on any managers CV.

Shocked at how much interest already in the Rovers job by well known managers. You'd have thought nobody would touch us with a barge pole!

Also I'd be quite tempted by our special offer - 3 years wages for 2 months work!!

Also I'd be quite tempted by our special offer - 3 years wages for 2 months work!!

EXACTLY!

It's an absolute no-brainer. If they sack you it will do nothing whatsoever to harm your career, people will just tut and say "them pesky Venkys eh"

The only reason for any credible/experienced manager to join us now is a whacking big pay-off for those two months' work. If we aren't even stumping up the cash for that... forget about it.

And people are talking about Adkins and McDermott!

Don't forget Garry Flitcroft and Peter Taylor were mooted as being some of Shebby's best pals before Appleton was appointed.

I'm genuinely @#/? myself about who the Malaysian mesiah will pick.

Wasn't Taylor's tax issues supposed to be cleared in April. Mmmmm?

How about coaxing Hoddle out of retirement.

Personally I don't get good vibes off McDermott. I don't know how he took them from nowhere on that once in a lifetime run to secure promotion last year but I get the sense it's a sort of inexplicable one off fluke that he's not likely to repeat anywhere else. Plus on a silly note would we have the guts to appoint someone else who was bald?

That's just my view though and I'd be happy to put him in that category. That's the idea, Adkins Hughes, Curbishley McDermott. Now we're cooking. Further suggestions welcome.

This thread is full of people who haven't learned sod all in the past 18 months, if you think they’re going to make an appointment of the likes of Adkins, Hughes, Curbishley or McDermott you’re living in cloud cuckoo land.

It’ll be someone that leaves you all crying into your cornflakes the morning of the announcement, have you learned nothing during Venkys time as owners of the club????

I dreamed a dream in time gone by,
when hope was high and support worth giving.

I dreamed that Rovers would never die,
I prayed that God would be forgiving.

Then I was young and unafraid.
And dreams were made and used and wasted.
There was no manager compensation to be paid
No song unsung, no wine untasted.

But the Venkyscum came one night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your club apart
As they turn your dream to shame

I had a dream my Rovers would be
So different from this hell that they are living

So different now from what it seemed
Now Venkyscum has killed the dream I dreamed

Who is the Dingle S/T holder from Clitheroe who's applied for the Rovers job?

Proper funny fecker that one.

I hope his publicity seeking backfires. Anyone know his address?

Who's that John McDoughnut or whatever he's called associated with Burnley who's applied for it, saw a facebook campaign about it and also seen his name on the betting sites.

Archived