BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

Guest Norbert

Someone who's been out of the game for a few years and never was any good when they were in it. Someone like Peter Taylor, but worse.

What's Christian Gross up to these days?

Tony Adams would fit that catagory Bryan.

And as for Christian Gross, I think he's a train driver for the London Underground now. I did think of him a few days ago, and how I'd expect him to be named as he is bald.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve McClaren is now into 7/1 now with betvictor. could he be inline for the job in the summer.

personally think nobody at rovers and venkys will even discuss who the next manager is till end of the season

That's what we thought last time and then MA popped up from nowhere.

I could speculate that some Far East bookies will be seeing some hefty wedges placed on a long-odds individual shortly before he's named.

But obviously, I would never actually suggest that.

Lets have it right, Owen Coyle is useless, he clearly got lucky with them lot down the road but got found out spectacularly at Bolton with a record comparable too Keans.

Hes not coming here, Ill go out on a limb with that one, and we dont want him.

If chimp head comes I'm totally 1000% finished . It's been bad enough with all these nobenders but a dingle is one idiot too many .. Not only that he's a one season wonder ... Right , back to not posting .

I wouldn't go near him with a Venky stick.

Think of a taller, leaner, hairier Steve Kean. Coleman is also mates with Kean. Avoid at all costs.

• Backroom

this morning LT says Coyle WILL NOT be taking over at Rovers.

What a shame.

Can remember him having numerous digs at the Rovers fans during Kean's tenure. I appreciate most managers stuck the boot in at some point but Coyle went further than others. I guess a combo of Stevie Kean being a 'mate' and the fact they're both Scottish. I may be able to forgive this if he had a decent managerial record but he doesn't. One club wonder so far and had shown no signs that he can replicate the success he had at the dingles. Doesn't he also have strong ties with SEM/Lord Jerome?

No thank you.

One bit of good news

It looks like Judan Ali has got a job in Taiwan so shouldn't be bothering us

Edit- to clarify I was a bit concerned due to some odd behaviour on twitter, all three of these people on twitter: @Ellekl1 @SophieRankin5 @chelseaferara

have been pushing Judan Ali for the rovers job it seems, some have been mentioning him as early as last June, I presume they are friends / agents whatever of his yet Balaji Rao's son appears to follow one of them and so does Nuno Gomes

Anyway hopefully he won't be our problem

Why not, come the end of the season when Bowyer's stint is over they will be touting it as meaningful experience

And Northern Rover might just have fallen for the oldest trick in the book !!!

Mercer, did you not have a couple of other sure things before too? Was it Holloway?

Where's MG Road he got the last one pegged although he did not name him it did happen when many said no way.

Pearce? God no. Limited manager, tactically a dinosaur and one of those who think 'heart' and 'passion' will overcome a complete lack of skill or tactical nous.

Yeah he's doing an absolutely @#/? job with the under 21's but he can't come here as most of our players seem to have neither heart or passion, not on the pitch anyway.

What a shame.

I appreciate most managers stuck the boot in at some point but Coyle went further than others. I guess a combo of Stevie Kean being a 'mate' and the fact they're both Scottish.

Newt to do with that. Coyle (in particular), Pulis, Moyes etc all knew that we were easy pickings under Kean. Why would they want another manager who could potentially rejuvenate a club practically giving out 3 points on a weekly basis.

Note, not one of them has offered Steve any kind of role at their clubs since he left have they, nor has he been considered for ANY job in Football since. Unless you count the limited coverage of him applying for the Bolton job, and even that was laughed off.

The football world know what a slimey, back-stapping focker he is - I'd be surprised to see him get another job anywhere, unless Wormtongue engineers it for him with some stupid bloody owners! He won't be worried though, he's made more than a pretty penny from our Mob.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

That's why my wife got a new motor at the beginning of the month paid for from 2012 winnings !

This post is up there with Ralfinhos post about his his size 8 girlfriend, 40k a year etc etc :lol:

Come on mercer, have a word with yourself :blush:

Interesting stuff all this Coyle speculation.

LT runs its back page story on Coyle, seemingly, because betting odds have tumbled on his appointment. Always thought that they lacked inspiration but if they have fallen to that level then it's time they packed it in !

Northern Rover says his source says "absolute nonsense" and then proceeds to cover his ass:

Northern Rover @Northern_Rover As I tweeted yesterday, person very close to Coyle has told me rumours of Coyle to Rovers are 'absolute nonsense'.

Northern Rover @Northern_Rover If Rovers did approach Coyle and with certain reassurances he would be very interested in job, he lives near Brockhall.

All I can say is that there seems to have been a lot of noise over Coyle this last week and you know the old saying about smoke and fires !

Thanks for all the comments and concern about the new car the missus now has. Don't need to justify myself to anyone but at least there is one happy Easter bunny !

LT runs its back page story on Coyle, seemingly, because betting odds have tumbled on his appointment. Always thought that they lacked inspiration but if they have fallen to that level then it's time they packed it in !

Northern Rover says his source says "absolute nonsense" and then proceeds to cover his ass:

Northern Rover @Northern_Rover As I tweeted yesterday, person very close to Coyle has told me rumours of Coyle to Rovers are 'absolute nonsense'.

Northern Rover @Northern_Rover If Rovers did approach Coyle and with certain reassurances he would be very interested in job, he lives near Brockhall.

All I can say is that there seems to have been a lot of noise over Coyle this last week and you know the old saying about smoke and fires !

Thanks for all the comments and concern about the new car the missus now has. Don't need to justify myself to anyone but at least there is one happy Easter bunny !

Now we know who is in the Senca consortium-its Mercerman!! Massive gesture mate , we are all in awe.

I am not covering my ass Mercer.

You intimated that Coyle was a strong contender to get the job, his people have said 'absolute nonsense' they haven't had any contact from Rovers and not heard of him being in the running for it, this coupled with Venky's/The Club not even having a shortlist suggests there is no basis for him being such a strong contender with bookies.

However, as an out of work manager he would be interested in any job oppotunity, even Rovers given assurances over certain matters, but his most trusted advisor is not expecting that to happen.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

That's why my wife got a new motor at the beginning of the month paid for from 2012 winnings !

flippin heck MM, that Richard on your head just got a whole lot bigger - its the post of a schoolboy trying to impress his mates but people just think 'what a male hen'

wwwdotwillywavingdotcodotuk... :lol::lol::lol:

Archived