BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

Peed lots of money up the wall, only just kept them up, and won a cup. The League cup win mask the fact he was a poor manager. His teams scored about 13 goals a season, and they bored their way to saftety with 0-0 draws. Not much value when you lash £8.5m on Maccarone and so on. A poor man's Allardyce basically.

A lot of managers are a poor mans Allardyce !

First choice would always be Mark Hughes for me. And "yes" I know he failed at QPR!

I am in total agreement with you 47er ..

The best man for the job ....

He won't even be considered .....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McLaren, Hoddle or Curbishley would be fantastic appointments considering our current status.

However, considering our current status, we haven't a hope in hell in getting any of them.

As for Hughes, no chance.

He thinks that he's far, far bigger than clubs like Blackburn these days.

Really surprised that Roberto Di Matteo hasn't been snapped up yet. Promising young manager, solid record at every club, Champions League winner. Think he could've done with getting back into management as soon as possible, before his stock falls. If I was Venky's (and hadn't shot myself by now), I would pull out all the stops to bring him here, and put that clown Shebby back in his box to ensure the best possible shot at getting him. Alas, we all know we'll end up with another Baldrick.

• Backroom

From what I read recently it seems like it's Di Matteo's choice to still be out of the game. He's had offers but turned them all down. Not sure what he's waiting for - maybe he thinks he can land another big job. Or maybe he just doesn't want to be under that pressure for the time being.

One thing that's for sure... there ain't a hope in hell of him coming here :)

Guest Norbert

Di Matteo would never come here. I imagine his next job would be a European club somewhere like Roma, Marseille, Sevilla etc. Can't think of a British club creating an opening for him.

Steve McLaren's adviser has told me that Steve would be interested in the Rovers job. There has been no approach from anyone connected to Rovers at the moment.

He probably the best we can get Manager wise.

I'd like McLaren, can't see a better realistic candidate.

I know many will disagree, so maybe they can offer a better realistic candidate themselves.

I like McClaren as a coach but i cant see a Better choice coming along. RDM, Hughes or McDermott arent coming.

Probably Bowyer job to lose now. Maybe he wants it but doesnt want to say publicly

Guest Norbert

Maybe if McLaren did join the circus, he can bring back Nelson, get the best out of Pederson, Keane and get Roads scoring again ;).

He is crap, but the best we can realistically expect.

Years ago I don't think many would be wanting to see McClaren at the club, but the club has fallen to such depths that he could now be seen as one of the best possible candidates out there. It would be a really sensible appointment, but that's probably why it won't happen.

It's going to be another novice with sweet fa in terms of experience, someone who will come solely for the money and wouldn't dare ruffle a few feathers that is needed to take the club forward in a positive direction.

Apart from Twente, Steve Maclaren's managerial record is pretty poor. Rated as a coach but not when has to make big decisions or lead from the front.

Then again, our stock has fallen massively so maybe we all need to lower our expectations.

Think about who you're comparing him to. Basically three people who aren't actually managers. On a list of actual managers, McClaren is p** poor.

Even though our expectations of Venky's are so low, let's not drop our own demands on who should be considered by the owners. Accepting rock bottom is making it easier for them to give us rock bottom.

Think about who you're comparing him to. Basically three people who aren't actually managers. On a list of actual managers, McClaren is p** poor.

Even though our expectations of Venky's are so low, let's not drop our own demands on who should be considered by the owners. Accepting rock bottom is making it easier for them to give us rock bottom.

The trouble is, I don't think it matters to Venkys what our expectations are. By having low expectations, we are simply trying to protect ourselves from further disappointment.

Get your money on Derrick Pereira.

In fact, has anyone ever seen him and Singh in the same room at the same time?

34308_186x236.jpg

moustache1.jpg

Archived