BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I understood what you said, basically- you wouldn't ideally want to take one up the jacksy, but if that's the decision that's made you'd still bend over and pretend to like it.

what a pathetic and pointless post.

No I wouldnt but if thats your type of thing. good luck to you

what a pathetic and pointless point.

No I wouldnt but if thats your type of thing. good luck to you

Its just how I interpreted your post!(and mentality towards the current regime),

don't worry your not alone in thinking that way.

p.s. don't knock it till you try it(since you only seem to read things literally).

Lot of talk about Pearson and Robinson but neither have pulled-up trees and, IMO, there is nothing to suggest that they have anything in their locker that is good enough for Rovers.

Profile we need is some experience, proven, young, hungry - is there another Dougie Freedman about ?

• Moderation Lead

Lot of talk about Pearson and Robinson but neither have pulled-up trees and, IMO, there is nothing to suggest that they have anything in their locker that is good enough for Rovers.

Profile we need is some experience, proven, young, hungry - is there another Dougie Freedman about ?

Pearson's got a lot more experience than Freedman, who's very much in the infancy of his managerial career. He's not set the world on fire yet, he's had one good season with Palace and now Bolton but that's it....

I don't know the first thing about Pearson really, my overall impression of him looking in as an outsider is that anyone who can't get Leicester promoted out of this League is unlikely to fare any better anywhere else.

Having checked up on his career on wiki most recently he appears to have finished 12th with Hull, 9th with Leicester and this season Leicester have dropped out of the play off positions and as I type this they've just gone one down at Barnsley.

I'd be so underwhelmed if he was appointed it'd be untrue. A man to keep you in the division not get you out of it. We have to be more ambitious than that surely, even now.

Guest Norbert

So who is in the director's box? Mercerman said the new manager would be there in the Cardiff game thread.

Guest Norbert

I thought so, but it is worth checking just in case. After all, Michael Barrymore could release a statement saying he is in talks over the job, and it couldn't be entirely discounted.

robinson - well I guess he's inexperienced, but sadly he does have hair so I suppose that rules him out straight away.

As I've said before, whoever's appointed will be crap, let's not get our hopes up. Although I suppose chaddy always has his hope's up, nothing would ever bring him back down to earth.

I doubt we have the budget to get someone decent anyway. And start thinking positively, "Bala" loves us and think promotion is still on.

Guest Norbert

What's Alan Wright or Mark Draper up to these days? Might as well pick a bald ex-players out of a hat now.

• Moderation Lead

Mercer may be right

Coyle may get a call tonight, being available at short notice is the only criteria

Hiring Coyle is pointless IMO, nothing to do with his former clubs, I just don't think he's capable of having the desired effect in the given time. We've just got to rely on Bowyer and the squad we have...

Archived