BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

Dramarama! Anyway, i thought we were hitting 'the rocks'? Now we're hurtling down a 'slippery slope'? It's like an episode of Last of the Summer Wine.wink.png

In the style of Jeremy Clarkson:

Imagine a car crash... bursting into flames... flying into the air... off the road... onto a slippery slope... over a cliff... falling a thousand feet... onto some rocks... littered with broken glass and twisted metal......... and you still wouldn't get close to how it feels to be a Rovers fan.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dramarama! Anyway, i thought we were hitting 'the rocks'? Now we're hurtling down a 'slippery slope'? It's like an episode of Last of the Summer Wine.wink.png

Stick to your fantasy scribblings.

Shearer, Newell n Dowie management team???

yea that would be a very expensive, high risk, hig profile appointment, so Venky-logic would put them near the front of the queue!

I think it will either be Bowyer or some dodgy old easily manipulated mercenary like Sven/Taylor

p.s. Never gonna happen chadster, Mind you I said Appleton would never be sacked(the day before he was ^_^ )

Shearer was recommended for the rovers job by Daglish.

when Kean was sacked.

i expect Bowyer, Sven or McClaren as next manager .

if Nigel Pearson is sack as LC. then he would my choice in the summer

Nigel Pearson? Why? And if he's sacked, wouldn't that tend to tell you something?

Re: Shearer his name gets trotted out every time we have a change of manager and surely it gets a little bit less likely every time. Wasn't he John Williams initial first choice after Hughes left?

I could gladly buy into the romance of it temporarily but realistically I'm not sure it would work in the long run.

Shearer was recommended for the rovers job by Daglish.

when Kean was sacked.

i expect Bowyer, Sven or McClaren as next manager .

if Nigel Pearson is sack as LC. then he would my choice in the summer

I'm sure it was also Daglish that thought the late(great)Ray Harford would be a good manager for us.

Forgot about the ginger Mourinho, he'd be in with a shout, along with Glenn Roeder, Nigel Spackman, JFK (Joe Kinnear), Ruud Gullit and Nigel Worthington. Basically, any immensely underwhelming choice you can think of.

All of those are far too experienced for the Henky's to consider.

Guest Norbert

Hmmm, you might be right there USABlue. OK, how about Murphy (player/manager), Paul Dickov, John Collins, Tony Adams, Dennis Wise or Chris Brass?

Most mammals have the ability to learn from their experiences. I possess his ability also.

My experience is that the current Rovers owners make very bad decisions. In fact every decision they have made has been a disaster.

This leads me to believe (and I don't think I am going out on a limb here) that the bad decisions will continue. I have not detected any ability or desire for the owners to learn from their mistakes, hence they must be some kind of reptile or insect (maybe the great Icke can help you further on that matter).

Anyway, the club is so damaged by the incredible run of shocking appointments and choices that the choosing of the new manager will be just like the election of the replacement pope, same old sh&t different face.

The only way forward is for the club to be rid of these monstrous and evil lizard-alien hybrid types.

Please stop turning up as if nothing untoward is happening and hopefully they will return to their home planet whil we still have football league status.

Up the Rovers.

How would people feel if Karl Robinson returned?

Ex-Coach under Incey & BFS also rated him, seems to have MK Dons punching above their weight.

Robinson would blatantly be a Shebby puppet.

I disagree that he has MK punching above their weight. They may be a new club but are well backed and have a decent ground.

What's he done as a manager? Nowt.

Guest Norbert

They started the season well, but MK have faded badly over recent months. I've seen them on TV twice, and both times, they were slow, unable to sieze an attacking opportunity and generally a bit toothless up front. If we're talking about League 1 managers this season, my choice is now Huddesfield manager.

And like martonrover said, he'd probably be easily cowed by Shabby and/or Shagnew due to his yoth and inexperience. He might be too much of a 'head coach', in our crazy set up.

How would people feel if Karl Robinson returned?

Ex-Coach under Incey & BFS also rated him, seems to have MK Dons punching above their weight.

he is highly rated as a coach.

MK dons started very well this season and I think he was on Rovers shortlist when Kean left. According to the Kamy, he once said on the podcast that Balaji like Robinson and his style of football.

I wouldnt be against his appointment but I really dont think its time to appoint a manager with only a couple of years experience.

Think we need a Head Coach/Manager with at least 5 years expeience of being manager.

but if Bowyer does well till the end of the season, and if he wants it the job Permanent, then I expect him to get it.

he is highly rated as a coach.

MK dons started very well this season and I think he was on Rovers shortlist when Kean left. According to the Kamy, he once said on the podcast that Balaji like Robinson and his style of football.

I wouldnt be against his appointment but I really dont think its time to appoint a manager with only a couple of years experience.

Think we need a Head Coach/Manager with at least 5 years expeience of being manager.

but if Bowyer does well till the end of the season, and if he wants it the job Permanent, then I expect him to get it.

if you wouldn't be against that appointment after the last 3 amateur no mark managers we have had, then I'm sorry but you are a very softlad.

if you wouldn't be against that appointment after the last 3 amateur no mark managers we have had, then I'm sorry but you are a very softlad.

Right, I said I wouldnt be against it if he was appoint as next rovers manager but I really dont think we should be appointing him right now. thats what I said if he said it properlly.

we need a experience manager and will 5 years experience as manager like Sven or McClaren. would surprise me if Peter Taylor was on the shortlist.

Nigel Pearson should be on that shortlist in the summer if he is sack by LC. rumours are that he will be if they dont go up.

but we need an experience manager now and experience in the PL and Championship please

Archived