BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Owen Coyle is a motivator. He will get the best out the players who want to play, the football will be more entertaining though the goals against column wont make for happy reading. But there will be a positive vibe around the Ewood community and I think it'll get the press off the clubs back.

Lets have it right, Owen Coyle is useless, he clearly got lucky with them lot down the road but got found out spectacularly at Bolton with a record comparable too Keans.

He’s not coming here, I’ll go out on a limb with that one, and we don’t want him.

Lets have it right, Owen Coyle is useless, he clearly got lucky with them lot down the road but got found out spectacularly at Bolton with a record comparable too Keans.

That's not fair really. Kean took over a team on course for a top half finish, nearly relegated us and then did relegate us the next year.

Coyle led Bolton to safety in his first season. Took them to a FA Cup semi-final and comfortable safety again the next season, then it all went tits up.

If you look at his record in management, he had 6 good years followed by a very poor 18 months. If you look at managers like Alan Pardew, it is possible to have these setbacks and bounce back if you learn from them. Coyle's a smart guy so I wouldn't write him off at all yet.

If Coyle is given a decent transfer budget he could do the job... Though he threw a lot of money away at Burnley which wasn't reported in the national press when he left Turf Moor so some signings might be a bit iffy... If he decides to play them that is.

If Bowyer keeps the club up and the fans are content, then he should be given the position on a full time basis...

Coyle's and Robinson's odds are tumbling. Don't take too much notice of odds but, in saying that, the odds on Berg and Appleton getting the job tumbled before any press outlet reported they were coming.

Wouldn't particularly want either but I do think Coyle would do a good job. Not convinced about Robinson. Although, apparently Balaji is quite a big fan of Karl Robinson so I'd imagine he is in the running.

There were suggestions that if Gary Bowyer can't halt the slide quickly then they may try and get Coyle in for the rest of the season and possibly beyond if he does well. That would certainly fit in with Singh's original idea back in January to offer a manager a short term deal and a longer one if they do well.

If Coyle is given a decent transfer budget he could do the job... Though he threw a lot of money away at Burnley which wasn't reported in the national press when he left Turf Moor so some signings might be a bit iffy... If he decides to play them that is.

If Bowyer keeps the club up and the fans are content, then he should be given the position on a full time basis...

I think Coyle is excellent in the transfer market. He brought Strurridge and Wilshire to the Reebok as well as class players like Holden.

Forget Robinson, the man to watch is Coyle - understand it's still very much alive with Coyle.

Both names are shocking. Rovers cant move forward until this whole set up leaves Blackburn.

Its a truly terrible situation that Blackburn Rovers supporters find themselves in nowadays.

Guest Norbert

Seriously hope Robinson doesn't get it. Milton Keynes are deadly dull, sideways passing and unimaginative. Like Arsenal on a bad day, but slower, and less willing to get the ball in the box. As for Coyle, I'm in two minds. It went sh_t at Bolton, is a big associate of Anderson, but he did OK with the dingles.

Northern Rover@Northern_Rover1h

Someone extremely close to Owen Coyle who I trust has dismissed today's rumours linking him with Rovers job as 'absolute nonsense'

And Northern Rover might just have fallen for the oldest trick in the book !!!

And Northern Rover might just have fallen for the oldest trick in the book !!!

And if Northern Rover was that good, he wouldn't be, with all due respect, messing about with Twitter and BRFCS !

To be fair I would say that his track record of providing accurate information is a bit better than yours.

To be fair I would say that his track record of providing accurate information is a bit better than yours.

This isn't a p1ss1ng contest !

I don't spend time chasing stories like Northern Rover, that aint my job.

All I do is post anything that I may hear.

no way would shebby or venkys appoint Coyle as manager.

most fans wouldnt want him or give him a chance.

I still expect Sven to take over in the summer.

what are fans thoughts on Stuart Pearce??? his contract with U21 finishes in the summer. so could become a option for Rovers?

Guest Norbert

Pearce? God no. Limited manager, tactically a dinosaur and one of those who think 'heart' and 'passion' will overcome a complete lack of skill or tactical nous.

Archived