BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] where are the Walker family/trust?

Why are the Walker family not being held responsible for some of the mess we are in???

Surely they are to blame for selling to venkys?

do the Walker family not care about the club anyone?

surely they should come and buy the club back now after Venkys are wrecking this club and destroying Jack Walker's Legacy at BRFC?

do any of the Walker's family still come to games?

did they not put any clauses into the terms of sale agreement to venkys to say we can buy the club back if certain clauses are broken?

how come none of the Walker family members or John Williams/Tom Finn ever speak out about Venkys Ownership?

Nathan Blake on rovers, venkys ownership and Walker family/Jack Walker

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1302328

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1302329

I don't hold the Walker family or the trust at all responsible for the current mess. Jack was Rovers daft, the rest of the family had a passing interest, nothing more.

The trust sold the club in good faith as per Jacks instructions, to lay blame at their doorstep in bunkum in my opinion.

At the end of the day the Walker Trust wanted to sell.

They didn't sell to the first buyer; they waited until someone convinced that they had the money, and Venkys also had to convince the Premier League.

There is no way that the trust could have predicted what has happened, Venkys take all of the blame for me and not the trust.

Why are the Walker family not being held responsible for some of the mess we are in???

Surely they are to blame for selling to venkys?

do the Walker family not care about the club anyone?

surely they should come and buy the club back now after Venkys are wrecking this club and destroying Jack Walker's Legacy at BRFC?

do any of the Walker's family still come to games?

did they not put any clauses into the terms of sale agreement to venkys to say we can buy the club back if certain clauses are broken?

how come none of the Walker family members or John Williams/Tom Finn ever speak out about Venkys Ownership?

Nathan Blake on rovers, venkys ownership and Walker family/Jack Walker

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1302328

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1302329

It's only a few hours since you said not to be negative :}

I was extremely critical of the Walker Trustees and the lack of financial support during the latter days of their period of ownership, but why would they or should they want to get involved again?

They clearly felt Blackburn Rovers did not fit comfortably with their overall portfolio of business interests and wanted to sell long before Venky's came in. They managed to sell for something eventually, probably nowhere near as much as they hoped to recoup, and I would imagine that's the end of it.

They still attend games as far as I'm aware. I think I saw some of Fred's family coming out of the JW stand after the Blackpool game.

As for Williams/Finn etc. they accepted pay offs, a condition of which would have been signing confidentiality agreements.

I d

The trust sold the club in good faith as per Jacks instructions, to lay blame at their doorstep in bunkum in my opinion.

Jack left instructions for them to sell the club?

I think you'll find the reason that Jack left the club in the hands of the trust was so as to ensure that we didn't end up in the hands of foreign morons. As far as I can remember, some nimble legal footwork was necessary in order to secure a valid sale because of the way in which the trust was set up.

I would have thought that the surviving members of Jack's family would have at least voiced their opinions regarding the shambles at Ewood Park !

Has anyone asked them ? Some old-time journalists would have drunk a story out of them by now.

Agreed re Nathan Blake, I thought he spoke on the radio intelligently, eloquently and with a sense of sympathy towards Rovers. In all honesty I was pleasantly surprised.

Regarding the Walker family and Trust, it's sold as seen. Rightly or wrongly, it was always Jack's passion, the rest couldn't give tuppence with regards to Rovers, never could other than lording it in The Premier Suite along with all the other Johnny come latelies. Correct, the great man must be spinning in his grave.

It's pointless looking backwards for our salvation unless someone can prove me wrong.

There are quite a few wealthy Roverites who care enough but individually cannot hope to have a financial impact. Collectively via The Rovers Trust and Messrs. Battersby & Currie something may be viable.

I'm bloody angry, perhaps this is the wrong thread but we've got to batter the door down to make these dickheads listen.

I'm sure Howard Walker was qouted as saying... 'it wasn't meant to have happened like this' or words to that effect after the take over.

Agreed re Nathan Blake, I thought he spoke on the radio intelligently, eloquently and with a sense of sympathy towards Rovers. In all honesty I was pleasantly surprised.

Was straight to the point unlike fence sitter Gallacher et al.

I think you'll find the reason that Jack left the club in the hands of the trust was so as to ensure that we didn't end up in the hands of foreign morons. As far as I can remember, some nimble legal footwork was necessary in order to secure a valid sale because of the way in which the trust was set up.

Jack sadly didn't have a crystal ball Bryan, the club had to be sold as funding for an extra 5000 people wouldn't cover Murphys wages for 1 week, it wasn't sustainable in the long term and if a sale to take the club forward was in the clubs best interests then Jack would have been happy.

The trust are not responsible, the club was 'sold as seen' you don't go back to the seller of your car if the tyre goes flat do you?

I'm sure Howard Walker was qouted as saying... 'it wasn't meant to have happened like this' or words to that effect after the take over.

I think Howard was happy to recoup 20million from the deal or thats the rumour.

Was straight to the point unlike fence sitter Gallacher et al.

SG, I think you're correct re HW quote.

He still didn't give enough of a stuff to do owt though, did he?

If I remember correctly Jack said numerous times when he was alive he set up the Trust because he wanted the Club to be "all right" and there was no point in it not being provided for when he was gone.

I'm guessing (no proof) short of Abramovich mk 2 coming in Jack would never have forseen a situation whereby the Club would be sold at all and would have expected the Club to continue under the auspices of the Trust, which was supposed to be for the benefit of ALL Jack's businesses not just Blackburn Rovers or all the other businesses apart from Blackburn Rovers. He wanted the Club to "wash it's own face" as far as possible but I'm sure he also expected the Trust to assist as well if necessary.

I'm also guessing however (no proof) that as we continued to be a loss making operation season upon season the majority of the Family who have no particular interest in football quickly decided that the idea of the other profit making businesses propping us up wasn't a desirable one in their eyes. Causing a decision to sell.

There was clearly no overall stipulation against a sale in Jack's will, "foreign morons" or otherwise, or we wouldn't have been sold.

No, I don't think it "had" to be sold Gav.

Yes, it was harder to run a tight ship than it was while Jack was still alive, and whilst it would always be a loss-making venture, I don't think those losses would've ruined the Walker Trust. Why you mention Murphy I really don't know because he's not even been here 1 year, there's no way he'd have been signed on the deal he was given his age while the Trust were still in charge.

The Trust sold to the first group who came along, more or less. I think there was a significant failure in doing the due diligence on this one. Think about it, selling a football club to a bunch of Indian farmers, completely mad. Whilst I could understand the desire to divest of the club against what Jack would presumably have wanted, there's a distinct lack of respect there for the club that Jack helped to build up again.

It's almost as if they looked the other way, and now that the lack of care that seems to have accompanied the sale has resulted in the threat of a double relegation, they've taken a vow of silence. They might as well have been flogging a second-hand motor. But no, it was the football club in Jack's hometown, the place where it all started, where he made his money. The club is part of the social fabric of the town. This doesn't appear to have given them a second's worry.

fair play to Nathan Blake he was clearly upset at the mess we are in and made some very valid points especially about the manager situation

I think Blake is the *first* media personality I've heard say that Kean should've done the honourable thing and resigned.

EDIT: Before we were relegated, ofc.

Hmmmm............... much as I like Howard I'd be tempted to add the rider "but I'll take the 23m anyway" to the end of that comment.

I'm sure the Walker Trust could come back in if they wanted to but there's no reason why they should imo. They either want to own us or they don't. Otherwise there was no reason for them to sell in the first place.

No, I don't think it "had" to be sold Gav.

Yes, it was harder to run a tight ship than it was while Jack was still alive, and whilst it would always be a loss-making venture, I don't think those losses would've ruined the Walker Trust. Why you mention Murphy I really don't know because he's not even been here 1 year, there's no way he'd have been signed on the deal he was given his age while the Trust were still in charge.

The Trust sold to the first group who came along, more or less. I think there was a significant failure in doing the due diligence on this one. Think about it, selling a football club to a bunch of Indian farmers, completely mad. Whilst I could understand the desire to divest of the club against what Jack would presumably have wanted, there's a distinct lack of respect there for the club that Jack helped to build up again.

It's almost as if they looked the other way, and now that the lack of care that seems to have accompanied the sale has resulted in the threat of a double relegation, they've taken a vow of silence. They might as well have been flogging a second-hand motor. But no, it was the football club in Jack's hometown, the place where it all started, where he made his money. The club is part of the social fabric of the town. This doesn't appear to have given them a second's worry.

I agree with that Bryan, they've got their 30 pieces of silver and now they're looking the other way.

Re the motor car analogy, no you wouldn't take the car back if you had a flat tyre but if the engine blew up, the gear-box dropped out and the exhaust fell off you would.

I agree with that Bryan, they've got their 30 pieces of silver and now they're looking the other way.

Re the motor car analogy, no you wouldn't take the car back if you had a flat tyre but if the engine blew up, the gear-box dropped out and the exhaust fell off you would.

Using another car analogy, the Rao's have 'ringed' the Rovers several times over since.

Archived